• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you misread/misunderstood my post.

I was talking about articles from the media back in 2012 when the Heat and Thunder were in the Finals.

The general reaction after the Thunder took Game 1 handily was very similar to your reaction here.

I agree, in general, that people and most including the paid talking heads waaayyyyy overreact to each game.

I don't see how any non biased fan would think the Cavs should win this series.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What overreactions??"

Proceeds to post a gigantic overreaction.

You're a Heat fan. Go back and read some of the articles going into the 2012 Finals and - better yet - read some of the articles after the Thunder took Game 1 105 - 92. They will sound a lot like your post.
Overreactions will only pan out to be true or false in hindsight.

If the series continues to play out much like it did last night, then these comments will be on the money.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to come off as being overly dismissive of what was a very good game for the Warriors.

Their two best players had bad games and they won by double digits. Of course they should feel great about that and of course people that picked the Warriors going into the series are going to feel justified.

Their bench play was unbelievable and the interior defense was awesome.

I'm just not ready to project the results of 1 game onto the entirety of a long 7 game series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to think Kerr will bring up game 2 of the 2015 finals to try and push his guys even harder.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I got from last nights game was: first the Cavs offense looked stagnant and too much isolation. They were missing shots and not moving the ball, missing some easy shots too. It was a bad game overall on offense. Secondly, they were denying Klay and Curry the ball at times and Curry did miss some open shots which was unusual but overall they forced the role players/bench players to win the game and that's what the Warriors did. Livingston had his best game of his playoff career, Bogut, Iggy, Barnes and Barbosa all played ridiculous. Iggy is understandable. So it is hard to judge this game, the Cavs didn't even look like they wanted to be there at times with no energy or drive except for in the first quarter.

If the bench plays to that level or close to it this series is a sweep, also if the Cavs play on offense like they did or simply just cannot make shots it will be blowout city. I expect some adjustments but they just need to move the ball more on offense, try to create more turnovers and play with more energy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overreactions will only pan out to be true or false in hindsight.

If the series continues to play out much like it did last night, then these comments will be on the money.

it's what Turnup and me have been saying for a while now. this is a TREND. and yeah, I know folks wanna throw out all of last finals and the regular season games, but 6 straight victories tell ME the Dubs have this team completely figured out...

just my observation, though...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not ready to project the results of 1 game onto the entirety of a long 7 game series.
A 7 game series, really?

:lol:

LOL, I'm just messing with you. I totally agree.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall that was a fun and mostly competitive game.

I'm feeling 1,000 times better than I did after the Game 1 loss last year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what @WiggyRuss and @Shanemansj13 thought about Game 1?

Here ya go....

So what I got from last nights game was: first the Cavs offense looked stagnant and too much isolation. They were missing shots and not moving the ball, missing some easy shots too. It was a bad game overall on offense. Secondly, they were denying Klay and Curry the ball at times and Curry did miss some open shots which was unusual but overall they forced the role players/bench players to win the game and that's what the Warriors did. Livingston had his best game of his playoff career, Bogut, Iggy, Barnes and Barbosa all played ridiculous. Iggy is understandable. So it is hard to judge this game, the Cavs didn't even look like they wanted to be there at times with no energy or drive except for in the first quarter.

If the bench plays to that level or close to it this series is a sweep, also if the Cavs play on offense like they did or simply just cannot make shots it will be blowout city. I expect some adjustments but they just need to move the ball more on offense, try to create more turnovers and play with more energy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to come off as being overly dismissive of what was a very good game for the Warriors.

Their two best players had bad games and they won by double digits. Of course they should feel great about that and of course people that picked the Warriors going into the series are going to feel justified.

Their bench play was unbelievable and the interior defense was awesome.

I'm just not ready to project the results of 1 game onto the entirety of a SHORT 5 game series.

:fify:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I don't like to judge a series by 1 game but that game 1 was bad and surprisingly pretty boring for most of the game. It did go back and forth in the 3rd but the Cavs didn't have that pop in their step. Overall I didn't like the way they played. They needed to have a great game 2.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you folks ready to see the Warriors get dick slapped?
How did you know what Delly would be up to? I wonder if he'd do that to DeMarcus Cousins???? :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't like to judge a series by 1 game but that game 1 was bad and surprisingly pretty boring for most of the game. It did go back and forth in the 3rd but the Cavs didn't have that pop in their step. Overall I didn't like the way they played. They needed to have a great game 2.

Yeah judging a series by 1 home win is pretty stupid. Cavs do need to win game 2 IMO to have a legit chance at winning this series

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here ya go....

guess MY thing here is how on God's green Earth is this a hard game to judge...?:scratch:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how any non biased fan would think the Cavs should win this series.

Should win the series? I agree. Could win the series though? Plenty of unbiased fans (not me, I'm very biased) think they can... even now.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised by the overreactions.

I don't think the Cavs should make any defensive adjustments. The scheme worked well. I don't expect Curry and Klay to play that poorly again... but I also sure as hell don't expect the combination of Barbosa, Livingston, Barnes and Bogut to shoot 1000% from the field either. For the most part (minus a few bad breakdowns) on defense... the Cavs had the Warriors taking the shots they wanted them to take. Credit to the Warriors for knocking them down.

Offensively is where the Cavs need to come back better. Too much dribbling and not enough player movement. The Warriors do a great job of playing physical interior defense without fouling so the Cavs can't just stand around and watch Love & LeBron try to bully their way to a basket. The other guys need to do a better job of moving without the ball and giving Love & LeBron good outlets from the double-team.
Well coincidentally the shots they were taking are the same shots they've been taking all year- so not so sure you can give all the credit to the Cavs' defense. GS made them because they didn't have to do anything special to score.

Second, I told you this Cavs team wasn't used to a team that plays solid defense. It's not by coincidence that Kyrie shot 7/22 & LBJ shot 9/21. All those open 3's they were getting in those first 3 rounds will not be there in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.