• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors now -3.75 for series.
Glad I made my wager at -1.15 before game 7 vs Thunder.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that the only game 1 LBJ ever won in the finals was 2011 vs Dallas

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Livingston for Finals MVP.

I don't know if people remember this....

The last time Cleveland played in Oracle was Christmas day. Curry & Klay were also uncharacteristically bad in that game. The dubs offense as a whole was missing. Livingston went 8/9 from the field.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was strange they mentioned that James was now the first player to do so in 50 or whatever years, but didn't include Jones.

I think its because technically James Jones didn't appear in the 2011 Finals. 0 Minutes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same case can be made in Kobe's accusation. All we know is that they had sex-something they both admit to, and that there was more than one man involved that night....

Yep. That was the exact point I was making.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Livingston for Finals MVP.

I don't know if people remember this....

The last time Cleveland played in Oracle was Christmas day. Curry & Klay were also uncharacteristically bad in that game. The dubs offense as a whole was missing. Livingston went 8/9 from the field.

That's bad for Cleveland.....Very bad. You cannot lose to this team when those guys aren't doing anything

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised by the overreactions.

I don't think the Cavs should make any defensive adjustments. The scheme worked well. I don't expect Curry and Klay to play that poorly again... but I also sure as hell don't expect the combination of Barbosa, Livingston, Barnes and Bogut to shoot 1000% from the field either. For the most part (minus a few bad breakdowns) on defense... the Cavs had the Warriors taking the shots they wanted them to take. Credit to the Warriors for knocking them down.

Offensively is where the Cavs need to come back better. Too much dribbling and not enough player movement. The Warriors do a great job of playing physical interior defense without fouling so the Cavs can't just stand around and watch Love & LeBron try to bully their way to a basket. The other guys need to do a better job of moving without the ball and giving Love & LeBron good outlets from the double-team.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bad for Cleveland.....Very bad. You cannot lose to this team when those guys aren't doing anything

If Barbosa and Livingston and Barnes are going to make those shots at that rate all series long... then the Cavs defensive scheme they used in Game 1 won't work.

I don't think they will. Not even close.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one game... but game 2 is a big one for Cleveland because it's tough getting down 0-2 ... Warriors were shooting the lights out.. Cav's better adjust there defense a bit, they continue playing defense like that forget it...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Cavs should make any defensive adjustments. The scheme worked well. I don't expect Curry and Klay to play that poorly again... but I also sure as hell don't expect the combination of Barbosa, Livingston, Barnes and Bogut to shoot 1000% from the field either. For the most part (minus a few bad breakdowns) on defense... the Cavs had the Warriors taking the shots they wanted them to take. Credit to the Warriors for knocking them down.

Offensively is where the Cavs need to come back better. Too much dribbling and not enough player movement. The Warriors do a great job of playing physical interior defense without fouling so the Cavs can't just stand around and watch Love & LeBron try to bully their way to a basket. The other guys need to do a better job of moving without the ball and giving Love & LeBron good outlets from the double-team.

From my perspective, I agree that I see quite a bit of overreaction from the Anti-Cavs/Lebron crowd.

Speaking less about basketball and more about people's behavioral patterns, I think much of it stems from the nerves those folks had going into the game. Outwardly, they know the Cavs are fucked, but internally, I'm betting there was some "what if the Cavs win game 1" going on. A decisive Warriors' win releases all that and we're seeing it in the overreactions.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Barbosa and Livingston and Barnes are going to make those shots at that rate all series long... then the Cavs defensive scheme they used in Game 1 won't work.

I don't think they will. Not even close.

Agree. But I don't think you can expect Curry and Klay to score 20 points total per game either. Barnes is a solid player. He's going to hit open shots. He's no scrub and same can be said for Livingston.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Not surprised by the overreactions."

What overreactions?

Most non Cavs fans felt the Warriors were the better team, felt the step up in class for the Cavs would be noticeable, knew the Cavs haven't looked good on the road, etc.., etc...

Warriors have now won 6 straight vs James (3 of them road games).
Series isn't over, but there is NO reason to think Cavs beat Warriors 4/6.

All will soon see that having Lue, Kyrie and Love won't change the end result.

Interesting summer coming up for Cavs if this plays out as I expect.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fell asleep just as the 2nd half started, woke up for the start of the 4th quarter and then fell asleep again, so I didn't see the whole game, but I was surprised to see how much Cavs were fumbling with the ball right under the net, which in an admittedly small amount of Cavs basketball that I've watched, doesn't seem to be the norm.

I assume I'll be told that they fumbled with the ball because the Warriors' defense was that good, which I think is absolutely reasonable. However, I think that argument could also be flipped to explain why Curry and Thompson didn't play so well.

The Cavs have dropped the opportunity to fulfill my prediction of Cavs in three, but there's still plenty of basketball left in this series.

We'll see.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what @WiggyRuss and @Shanemansj13 thought about Game 1?

well, IF I had to venture a guess(based on the NON-posts I've seen from them this morning, of course), i'd say that the sighting they saw from game one didn't exactly paint a rosy picture for either of them...

that OF COURSE is just a guess, though...:heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.