• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the point. Golden State is one of the best jump shooting teams of all time. But they are not in the conversation as one of the best teams of all time in the NBA.

You're right. There is no way you could put this team up there with the Bulls, but dang, the Warriors were still really good this season. They were a little bit better than last year's team that won the championship, but obviously they didn't get the result they wanted this year. They'll be judged by what they do in the next 5 or so years. It was always silly to compare them to a Bulls team that won 6 championships.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player in the 2016 finals that could compare to a guy like Shaun Kemp as far as athleticism is Lebron. K Love isn't even in Kemp's ballpark as far as athleticism. Either is Draymond. Hell how many times did you see Dray get fed inside? :lol: Golden St just shoots jumpers.. How athletic do you have to be to do that?

I can see how this is really difficult to understand. Perhaps if ATF could loosen his helmet a bit and could read, it would be easy to understand.

If anyone needs pictures or anything else let me know.

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. There is no way you could put this team up there with the Bulls, but dang, the Warriors were still really good this season. They were a little bit better than last year's team that won the championship, but obviously they didn't get the result they wanted this year. They'll be judged by what they do in the next 5 or so years. It was always silly to compare them to a Bulls team that won 6 championships.

Was only comparing them to the 1996 Bulls. Even if the GSW win a title, i can't personally put them in my top 5 teams of all time. They got blown out too many times in the playoffs this year.

IMO one of the greatest teams of all time has to be one that dominates both early and late in the season, especially in the playoffs and I didn't see that from the GSW. Really good team? Hell yeah they were. Did their best player dominate in the playoffs? nah not at all.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great players never have their dunks blocked.

Except when they do.

Hakeem, The Admiral, Alonzo, Rodman, Shaun Kemp #1..

Yeah too bad we don't see those guys in the NBA today. But the NBA has more "athletes" today. :lol:

Blocked by Ginobli? No don't think so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakeem, The Admiral, Alonzo, Rodman, Shaun Kemp #1..

Yeah too bad we don't see those guys in the NBA today. But the NBA has more "athletes" today. :lol:

Blocked by Ginobli? No don't think so.
the NBA of today has much much more talent in it that is for sure. The NBA of today has So much more talent in it than the 80's its not even a debate.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird in today's NBA?
Magic?
Kareem?
Isiah?
Jordan?
Dr. J?
Dominque maybe..

Does anyone in their right mind see talent like this in today's NBA? :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Just look at the Centers of today vs ANY era. Ever.
Forwards? Nope
Guard? Nope

Your common sense is pretty fucked up man.
because the plodding center of yesteryear cant keep up in todays league. Put those guys in a prick and roll today and they go NOWHERE.

and OF COURSE the rule changes and way the game have gone absolutely impact it - hand checking, much more 3 pt shooting etc.

i mean- this is not even close to a rational debate you are having.

Take Dirk, Manu, Parker, and Pau and M. Gasol and etc. and all the other foreign born players out of the league. How many foreign born players were in the NBA in 1985? less than 5 id wager. Maybe even less than that- PROBABLY less than that.

Then take all the guys out of the league that have been given scholarships, coached up, and had their talent maxed out in college programs that were not nearly as numerous or well-run as they were in the 80's.

Then take out all the guys that had knee injuries or ankles or whatever- that did not have the medical technology and training technology and information on how important correct food intake is etc.

Not only do you expand your player pool by a few hundred million candidates- you also more efficiently spot, and develop, and keep that talent healthy now then you did in the 80's. Of course there where still plenty of good progams and coaching backt hen-- but PLENTY of guys slip through the cracks- now every college in the freaking country has a team- and guys like Damian Lillard DONT slip through the cracks when many of them used to.

@trojanfan12 's counter argument that kids leaving early in college leads to lower levels of play on the NBA i think is a valid argument and probably cuts the best against mine- but their are also holes in that as well.

but this comes down to macro forces. I know people have the tendency to romanticize and remember things that never really occurred when thinking about the "good ole days" and thats clearly what is goingo n here for you.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as far as top end athleticism goes....RW and LeBron can compare against any guys who ever played athletically....

Durant, Wall, Anthony Davis, Towns, Paul George, Blake Griffin is basically a Kemp 2.0, Leonard.....

The only player who is even in the ballpark of LeBron when speaking of pure athletic ability is Westbrook. I don't see anybody from before 2005 who can compare to them.

Guys like Drummond, Antekoumpo, and Pre injury Derrick Rose were not around in the 90s. I can't see how anyone with an ounce of objectivity would ever believe that.

athletes have progressed over time. That is why in track and field, the 27 fastest 100 meter times ever have all been recorded since 1991. 8 of the top 9 have been recorded since 2008 (only counting personal bests for each runner).

To suggest that athletes of any sport were superior in the 90s, or any other previous era is ignorant at best.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because the plodding center of yesteryear cant keep up in todays league. Put those guys in a prick and roll today and they go NOWHERE.

and OF COURSE the rule changes and way the game have gone absolutely impact it - hand checking, much more 3 pt shooting etc.

i mean- this is not even close to a rational debate you are having.

Take Dirk, Manu, Parker, and all the other foreign born players out of the league. How many foreign born players were in the NBA in 1985? less than 5 id wager. Maybe even less than that- PROBABLY less than that.
Then take all the guys out of the league that have been given scholarships, coached up, and had their talent maxed out in college programs that were not nearly as numerous or well-run as they were in the 80's.
Then take out all the guys that had knee injuries or ankles or whatever- that did not have the medical technology and training technology and information on how important correct food intake is etc.

Not only do you expand your player pool by a few hundred million candidates- you also more efficiently spot, and develop, and keep that talent healthy now then you did in the 80's. Of course there where still plenty of good progams and coaching backt hen-- but PLENTY of guys slip through the cracks- now every college in the freaking country has a team- and guys like Damian Lillard DONT slip through the cracks when many of them used to.

@trojanfan12 's counter argument that kids leaving early in college leads to lower levels of play on the NBA i think is a valid argument and probably cuts the best against mine- but their are also holes in that as well.

but this comes down to macro forces. I know people have the tendency to romanticize and remember things that never really occurred when thinking about the "good ole days" and thats clearly what is goingo n here for you.

Is the prick and roll something you did at a sorority?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the prick and roll something you didn't at a sorority?
i mean when you go right to the insult card-w hich you have consistently done- its pretty clear that you were thoroughly and completely dominated in this argument.

and if you REALLY want to go off topic and get into insults - we can talk about the poop-filled dumpster fire that is the Chicago Bulls. At the beginning of 2 seasons ago- some people ACTUALLY picked them to beat the Cavs. Now they are nothing. That was a quick fall from grace.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player who is even in the ballpark of LeBron when speaking of pure athletic ability is Westbrook. I don't see anybody from before 2005 who can compare to them.

Guys like Drummond, Antekoumpo, and Pre injury Derrick Rose were not around in the 90s. I can't see how anyone with an ounce of objectivity would ever believe that.

athletes have progressed over time. That is why in track and field, the 27 fastest 100 meter times ever have all been recorded since 1991. 8 of the top 9 have been recorded since 2008 (only counting personal bests for each runner).

To suggest that athletes of any sport were superior in the 90s, or any other previous era is ignorant at best.

So Jordan, Kobe, Vince Carter were less athletic than Rose, Drummond, and Antekoumpo huh?

Crack Addiction Help | Assist Someone With Recovery Treatment

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean when you go right to the insult card-w hich you have consistently done- its pretty clear that you were thoroughly and completely dominated in this argument.

and if you REALLY want to go off topic and get into insults - we can talk about the poop-filled dumpster fire that is the Chicago Bulls. At the beginning of 2 seasons ago- some people ACTUALLY picked them to beat the Cavs. Now they are nothing. That was a quick fall from grace.

I'm just wondering what the hell the prick and roll is and how Centers of yesteryear like Ewing, Hakeem, The Admiral, and Shaq couldn't keep up with today's athletes? :thumb: Please exprain this and the prick and row.

ONly thing you dominate is your dog Wiggy or maybe it's the other way around. You never even sat on the bench next to the waterboy during a BBALL game.

Hump-Day3_zpsgeafrbhh.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Bird in today's NBA?
Magic?
Kareem?
Isiah?
Jordan?
Dr. J?
Dominque maybe..

Does anyone in their right mind see talent like this in today's NBA? :lol:
Isiah Thomas is wildly overrated. Chris Paul is lightyears better than him, and it's not debatable.
Lebron, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, RW, Steph, Harden all have great chances to go down as all-timers as well.

Harden and Dr. J actually compare very favorably statistically.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as the Bulls today or 2 years ago. Hell we had the Cavs down 2-1 in 2015, then Lebron hit a game winner in game 4. I tipped my cap.

That's what you do to great players when you lose. But my guess is you really never played a sport in your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.