• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is stupid. They said no player has scored 40 points in back to back games in the Finals.

MJ scored 31 in game 1, 42 in game 2, 44 in game 3, 55 in game 4, and 41 in game 5 waaaaaaaaaay back when.

He is 1 of 5 players to do it

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is stupid. They said no player has scored 40 points in back to back games in the Finals.

MJ scored 31 in game 1, 42 in game 2, 44 in game 3, 55 in game 4, and 41 in game 5 waaaaaaaaaay back when.

Was that 1991 vs. Lakers? :heh:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Kyrie's FG to ice it? The ONLY FG in the last 4:30 of game 7? :L

Please guys. Cleveland won, Lebron was a beast. I'll give credit where credit is due, but if you think a jump shooting team is one of the best teams of all time.. that got blown out 6-7 times in the playoffs and lost 3 in a row in the Finals. Won 1 title over a gimped up Cavs squad last year...

It was way more of choke job.

And yes the NBA is watered down. You don't have 2 teams almost break a 20 year old record because the NBA is stout. And then the team that did got smoked 6-7 times in the playoffs.

1996 Bulls lost 1 playoff game going into the Finals. In OT. Then they went up 3-0 on Seattle and Shaun Kemp, Gary Payton, Sam Perkins and co. Best teams of all time dominate, they don't get their ass kicked like the Golden St Jumpshooters did.

Please

Kyrie's shot was a dagger in those mighty Warriors. The game was tied. There were some very good defensive plays in that stretch from both teams but cold streaks happen, not sure why that has anything to do with GS being a great team, especially in the regular season. IMO they aren't the best team by far, but it doesn't mean they aren't still a great team. The Cavs comeback was because of Lebron and Irving, they played unbelievable.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie's shot was a dagger in those mighty Warriors. The game was tied. There were some very good defensive plays in that stretch from both teams but cold streaks happen, not sure why that has anything to do with GS being a great team, especially in the regular season. IMO they aren't the best team by far, but it doesn't mean they aren't still a great team. The Cavs comeback was because of Lebron and Irving, they played unbelievable.
dont forget K Love dancing and shutting off Curry from his hero-ball attempt to tie the game!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean Kyrie's FG to ice it? The ONLY FG in the last 4:30 of game 7? :L

Please guys. Cleveland won, Lebron was a beast. I'll give credit where credit is due, but if you think a jump shooting team is one of the best teams of all time.. that got blown out 6-7 times in the playoffs and lost 3 in a row in the Finals. Won 1 title over a gimped up Cavs squad last year...

It was way more of choke job.

And yes the NBA is watered down. You don't have 2 teams almost break a 20 year old record because the NBA is stout. And then the team that did got smoked 6-7 times in the playoffs.

1996 Bulls lost 1 playoff game going into the Finals. In OT. Then they went up 3-0 on Seattle and Shaun Kemp, Gary Payton, Sam Perkins and co. Best teams of all time dominate, they don't get their ass kicked like the Golden St Jumpshooters did.

Please

San Antonio is no surprise, they play team ball and are efficient, they also play tough defense and that's how the Warriors play except they can shoot the ball ridiculous. We saw the Cavs start to play physical with baby Curry, like back in the day where you could, that was the difference. Guys are limited these days bc they cant play much defense and that sucks. But in today's NBA the athleticism of these guys, even the bench players, is ridiculous and it doesn't even compare to back in the day.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really bad ass defensive plays. But even if Kyrie doesn't hit the shot, GS was ice cold. You live by the 3, you die by the 3. They couldn't hit a barn.

Point is, you would think in a game 7 of the NBA Finals.. GS would get the ball inside and try to get an easy bucket. Cleveland's D was great at times, but as an offense you have to find a way to get an easy bucket. Any "great team" should know how to get a bucket or get to the free line and get some points, especially a "great" offensive team.

GS was a great team yes. But no.. not even in the conversation as 1 one of the best ever. You need a ring to be able to do that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Antonio is no surprise, they play team ball and are efficient, they also play tough defense and that's how the Warriors play except they can shoot the ball ridiculous. We saw the Cavs start to play physical with baby Curry, like back in the day where you could, that was the difference. Guys are limited these days bc they cant play much defense and that sucks. But in today's NBA the athleticism of these guys, even the bench players, is ridiculous and it doesn't even compare to back in the day.
This is the biggest difference, and for some reason people don't seem to understand that.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know enough about basketball to have an opinion on it being watered down, but I know some folks think MLB is watered down from the old days when there were only five and a half teams. That's complete bullshit. The '16 Mariners would probably fist fuck the '27 Yankees.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only player in the 2016 finals that could compare to a guy like Shaun Kemp as far as athleticism is Lebron. K Love isn't even in Kemp's ballpark as far as athleticism. Either is Draymond. Hell how many times did you see Dray get fed inside? :lol: Golden St just shoots jumpers.. How athletic do you have to be to do that?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player in the 2016 finals that could compare to a guy like Shaun Kemp as far as athleticism is Lebron. K Love isn't even in Kemp's ballpark as far as athleticism. Either is Draymond. Hell how many times did you see Dray get fed inside? :lol: Golden St just shoots jumpers.. How athletic do you have to be to do that?
Shawn Kemp would have absolutely no chance in hell of stopping Lebron. Same size and Lebron is twice the athlete.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really bad ass defensive plays. But even if Kyrie doesn't hit the shot, GS was ice cold. You live by the 3, you die by the 3. They couldn't hit a barn.

Point is, you would think in a game 7 of the NBA Finals.. GS would get the ball inside and try to get an easy bucket. Cleveland's D was great at times, but as an offense you have to find a way to get an easy bucket. Any "great team" should know how to get a bucket or get to the free line and get some points, especially a "great" offensive team.

GS was a great team yes. But no.. not even in the conversation as 1 one of the best ever. You need a ring to be able to do that.
Golden State ice cold? cmon man.

did u see the last couple defensive plays? LeBron blocking Iggy, Love shutting off Curry.....thats not "ice cold" thats called- great defense.

there were definitely guys wearing down by Game 7 of the Finals though. Guys legs were going out on them.

on the shot Kyrie made I think Curry actually plays really good defense--- Kyrie just made a great play.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"But, but, but, Babe Ruth hit a billion home runs off of exclusively white pitchers that had second jobs during the off season!"

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State ice cold? cmon man.

did u see the last couple defensive plays? LeBron blocking Iggy, Love shutting off Curry.....thats not "ice cold" thats called- great defense.

there were definitely guys wearing down by Game 7 of the Finals though. Guys legs were going out on them.

on the shot Kyrie made I think Curry actually plays really good defense--- Kyrie just made a great play.

Lebron's block was awesome. But if you think 2 defensive plays = last 4:30 of game 7..

I'm just gonna laugh at you. Almost 5 minutes and no buckets? For the "best team ever"? Best offense ever?

:L

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know enough about basketball to have an opinion on it being watered down, but I know some folks think MLB is watered down from the old days when there were only five and a half teams. That's complete bullshit. The '16 Mariners would probably fist fuck the '27 Yankees.
Malcolm Gladwell wrote a really good book called "Outliers" which goes into the efficiency of finding and developing talent. Great book...one of the examples in the book is Canadian Hockey players.....basically saying- they have one of the most efficient systems in the world to take advantage of talent--- basically- if you can play hockey in Canada we will find you. They capitalize on that talent in a huge way.

Think of how much better the NBA capitlizes on the talent pool- of the whole world- then it did 20 or 30 years ago- back in the "glory days" of the 80's.

Youd NEVER have Dirk or any of the foreign born players basically.

the college basketball system was no where near as complex or deep or well coached- maybe at a few of the top programs- but now we have literally dozens upon dozens of very very good college basketball teams scouting, giving scholarship offers, and coaching kids up---- WAAAAAAY more capitlization on the talent in the US than 20-30 years ago. Like Damian Lillard- hes probably missed 20 years ago- almost surely.

and then of course all the technological advances in keeping guys healthy and training. Maybe you lost 1/10 guys to injury/poor training/or whatever cause 20-30 years ago------ now those guys can stay healthy, play longer, return from major injury. etc.

the talent pool that the NBA draws from is SOOOOOOOO much bigger a nd so much better capitalized on then 20-30 years ago that it is not even funny. Their has NEVER been a time in the history of the NBA where their has been NEAR this much talent in the league.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA today has no Jordan, Kobe, Vince Carter, Shaun Kemp, Karl Malone, Hakeem, Shaq, Dr. J, Magic as far as altheticism..

NBA has nothing even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.