• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start a poll with great performances?
Not sure what you want from me.

And, stats are nice, but James padded his late in some games and especially game 4.
Right?:thumb:

Really??? The 4th was get the ball to Lebron and Kyrie in that game and try to keep in the game. Kyrie went 1-9 there taking the most 4th quarter shots. Bron took it to the rim and made some shots. Should he have passed on getting to the rim for easy scores and maybe tried tougher things instead? Lebron never battled a board from anyone except on the offensive end.

I guess if I was going to say "Lebron padded his stats late in games of the finals", I wouldn't choose the finals where he spent the most time of any of them on the bench late in games as the one to try and say that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is in the discussion lol and it isn't crazy either.
down 3-1 against the defending NBA Champions. A team with the 2 time defending MVP. A team that just won the most games in NBA history during the regular season. A team that lost only 2 games at home all year during the regular season.

To have to win 3 in a row- against a team that had not lost 3 in a row in 2 years- and do it by winning 2 of those games on the road is totally and completely ridiculous.

For LeBron to do it in the fashion he did....his Game 5 was insane....his Game 6 was better...and the leadership and triple double and the play of his CAREER in Game 7 sealed it. Of course that is one of the very best Finals performances of all time. Its not even a question.

Not only that- but the pressure LeBron was under was immense. 52 years of suffering of Cleveland fans. The own pressure he put on himself to deliver to his hometown team. Al the drama that had led up to it. The fact that if he lost he would definitely no longer be considered the best in the game.

Unbelievable historical performance among the best ever. And thats before even getting into the insane statistical evidence which just confirms what all our eyes saw.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron led BOTH teams in Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, & Blocks in a 7-game Finals.

That's all you need to know that OF COURSE it is in the discussion for greatest Finals performance of all-time.

Some may disagree that it is the greatest but to act like it is a ridiculous notion is.... well, ridiculous.

Jordan in 93 and Magic in 87 would be a couple of candidates in addition to Wade in 06.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I will agree that it was a helluva comeback and Lebron was pretty solid in game 6 & 7, let us not forget there was what... 1 FG in the last 4:30 of game 7?

It was the Finals, but it was a bit of a pillow fight. It certainly wasn't 2 heavyweights trading blows down the stretch.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just because GS broke the regular season record doesn't even put them in the conversation of the best teams ever. They didn't win the title.

Hell San Antonio almost broke the record too - shows you how watered down the NBA is.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just because GS broke the regular season record doesn't even put them in the conversation of the best teams ever. They didn't win the title.

Hell San Antonio almost broke the record too - shows you how watered down the NBA is.
:L Not in the conversation? Seriously?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that.. No argument from Ferry bandwagon boy sticking up for his GSW, while switching to the Knicks so suddenly.

Just rainbows

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Not in the conversation? Seriously?

You are gonna put this Golden St team over the Celtics, Bulls, Lakers teams that actually won a ring? Even the Spurs teams that won multiple titles. No GSW don't even belong in the conversation with the other heavyweights that won more than 1 title. GSW are bunch of jump shooters man. They got lucky to win one in a watered down league. Ever wonder why the NBA today rarely has quality Centers that the NBA had pre-90's?

:lol: at the NBA regular season these days.. And the quality of the NBA top to bottom. You think it was a coincidence that San Antonio almost broke the record too?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at one of the "best teams of all-time" losing 3 in a row in the Finals and getting blown out in the playoffs 6-7 times.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are gonna put this Golden St team over the Celtics, Bulls, Lakers teams that actually won a ring? Even the Spurs teams that won multiple titles. No GSW don't even belong in the conversation with the other heavyweights that won more than 1 title. GSW are bunch of jump shooters man. They got lucky to win one in a watered down league. Ever wonder why the NBA today rarely has quality Centers that the NBA had pre-90's?

:lol: at the NBA regular season these days.. And the quality of the NBA top to bottom. You think it was a coincidence that San Antonio almost broke the record too?
this watered down league notion is the dumbest shit i have ever heard.

in the 90's their was maybe 2-3 foreign guys in the whole league. With international scouting their are now over 100 foreign players that add a ton to the league.

20 years ago scouting and college programs were no where near as sophistacted and prevalent as today. You can get good coaching in the A-10 now. The vast institution that is the college basketball circuit is 1000% times more efficient at identifying, training and coaching players than 20 years ago.

Not only that- but injuries and guys taken care of their bodies. 20 years ago the league would lose guys from injuries that now they can fix. The technology of food science and advanced workout techniques have guys better trained, and healthier than they have ever been.

No time in the history of the league has their been NEAR the amount of talent that is in the NBA as their is right now. Its not even close.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this watered down league notion is the dumbest shit i have ever heard.

in the 90's their was maybe 2-3 foreign guys in the whole league. With international scouting their are now over 100 foreign players that add a ton to the league.

20 years ago scouting and college programs were no where near as sophistacted and prevalent as today. You can get good coaching in the A-10 now. The vast institution that is the college basketball circuit is 1000% times more efficient at identifying, training and coaching players than 20 years ago.

Not only that- but injuries and guys taken care of their bodies. 20 years ago the league would lose guys from injuries that now they can fix. The technology of food science and advanced workout techniques have guys better trained, and healthier than they have ever been.

No time in the history of the league has their been NEAR the amount of talent that is in the NBA as their is right now. Its not even close.

Oh I get it now... Golden St best team ever + Cleveland beat GS = Cleveland best team ever.

1 FG in the last 4:30 in Game 7!! That's some crazy talent!

dude-please-pl-ffffff.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get it now... Golden St best team ever + Cleveland beat GS = Cleveland best team ever.

1 FG in the last 4:30 in Game 7!! That's some crazy talent!

View attachment 130830
did i say that?

i just said that the fallacy that the league is watered down is complete bullshit.

the league has never had more talent in it and its not even close.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is stupid. They said no player has scored 40 points in back to back games in the Finals.

MJ scored 31 in game 1, 42 in game 2, 44 in game 3, 55 in game 4, and 41 in game 5 waaaaaaaaaay back when.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden St beats all time record. San Antonio almost breaks 20 year old record as well

=

NBA is by far much better than the teams in the 80s/90s

:pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at one of the "best teams of all-time" losing 3 in a row in the Finals and getting blown out in the playoffs 6-7 times.

Well if Lebron wouldn't have blocked that shot or Kyrie does make that dagger 3 over baby Curry you know what everyone is talking about? GS being one of the greatest teams ever? They didn't win it all, but bc of 1 or 2 plays that doesn't change the fact they had a great season, they just faced a 2 headed monster that was unbelieveable.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Lebron wouldn't have blocked that shot or Kyrie does make that dagger 3 over baby Curry you know what everyone is talking about? GS being one of the greatest teams ever? They didn't win it all, but bc of 1 or 2 plays that doesn't change the fact they had a great season, they just faced a 2 headed monster that was unbelieveable.

You mean Kyrie's FG to ice it? The ONLY FG in the last 4:30 of game 7? :L

Please guys. Cleveland won, Lebron was a beast. I'll give credit where credit is due, but if you think a jump shooting team is one of the best teams of all time.. that got blown out 6-7 times in the playoffs and lost 3 in a row in the Finals. Won 1 title over a gimped up Cavs squad last year...

It was way more of choke job.

And yes the NBA is watered down. You don't have 2 teams almost break a 20 year old record because the NBA is stout. And then the team that did got smoked 6-7 times in the playoffs.

1996 Bulls lost 1 playoff game going into the Finals. In OT. Then they went up 3-0 on Seattle and Shaun Kemp, Gary Payton, Sam Perkins and co. Best teams of all time dominate, they don't get their ass kicked like the Golden St Jumpshooters did.

Please

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is stupid. They said no player has scored 40 points in back to back games in the Finals.

MJ scored 31 in game 1, 42 in game 2, 44 in game 3, 55 in game 4, and 41 in game 5 waaaaaaaaaay back when.
When did they say that? I honestly missed that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.