• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Richard Jefferson told his agent he wasn't going to Dallas after Deandre backed out?

I had no idea.

I knew they gave Matthew's more money not to back out. But, Jefferson turned it down and walked away.
Well at least he got his ring. He was traded from GS the year before they won. LOL

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will retire a Cavalier. Whether that means playing the rest of his career here, or coming back for a 1 day contract after he goes off to have his goof off year 7 years from now, he will retire a Cavalier.

I agree with one day thing but obviously that's another conversation.

You think he's there how many more seasons, now, without leaving?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by better you mean way more corrupt and always engulfed in flames, then yes you would be right.

Although Napa is pretty nice and I didn't mind Long Beach.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Grant? That contract was idiotic, of course he signed with them. Nobody else was coming close to that kind of offer.
Odom came in after they drafted Wade.
Jones was traded there.
I don't know who Brown is, so he must not be that relevant.

Bosh never goes there if not for Lebron. He was the ringleader.

We'll see what happens when James retires, but Cleveland now also has that foundation. They have an owner with extremely deep pockets and, finally, a GM who knows what the hell he's doing. It's not a big market team obviously, but it's bigger than it used to be. To sit there and just rip on it out of nowhere, though, just sounds very sad and petty, and that's putting it nicely.

They have an owner who's willing to spend into the luxury tax when he has a title team. As far as going out and getting a roster that's head and shoulders (ala Yankees) better than the league he can't. There's a thing called a salary cap. Cavs have the roster that they have at the price that they have because of Birds rights on a lot of the players.

And who's to say Bosh doesn't go to Miami if it weren't for Lebron? Where else was he going to go in free agency? He could've left once Lebron left, but he stayed. If Lebron leaves Cleveland and Love's contract is up, you think he stays in Cleveland? I don't.

And as far as ownership factor is concerned. Gilbert doesn't exactly have a high reputation like Arison, or the Spurs owner with players around the league in terms of reputation. Take it however you want, but that letter cemented Gilbert as an owner. Only reason why the Cavs are in this position is because of Lebron and his want to bring Cleveland a title. Had he been from any other state, we're still talking about the curse that Cleveland has.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with one day thing but obviously that's another conversation.

You think he's there how many more seasons, now, without leaving?
Depends. If he wins titles in the next 2 seasons, he may consider having his fun run with his buddies. If not, I'd say he's there at least 4-5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys left the mid level exception unused...please cry elsewhere....Gilbert has and will continue to far outspend Arison.

Even in the years the Cavs were rebuilding Gilbert did things no other owner would do--- giving Griffin the Green light to take on 40 million of Baron Davis' contract for the pick that became Kyrie Irving---- taking on the contracts of players from the Grizz in order to get draft picks that facilitated the cap space that ended up signing James, taking on Luke Waltons terrible contract from the Lakers to get multiple draft assets.

you need to get a clue. Among the MANY reasons LeBron came back is that Gilbert is willing to spend on a level that Arison simply is not. Thats 100% black and white fact that you cannot POSSIBLY dispute.

Lebron has Gilbert by the balls. And if Gilbert doesn't want to look like public enemy no. 1 in Cleveland, he'll do Lebron's bidding. What Gilbert is doing is wasteful spending to a degree. Yeah, he got his title, but some of those contracts are just bad. Arison has 3 titles in the last 11 years along with 5 Finals trips. Arison's doing just fine as an owner. I don't recall the Spurs owner ever spending this much into the luxury tax either. He has 5 titles in the last 20 years to show for it. How about Dr. Buss? I wonder if he ever spent so much more money than other teams to get the double figure in championships that they have.

Lebron figured that the Heat roster was too old and found a way to capitalize in Cleveland that would help repair his image and check off a major check box on his to-do list in his career - win a title in Cleveland. The Cavs stock-pile of young assets allowed him to do that as they weren't doing shit in Cleveland before that when they first had him. That's 100% black and white fact that YOU can't possible dispute.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by better you mean way more corrupt and always engulfed in flames, then yes you would be right.

Although Napa is pretty nice and I didn't mind Long Beach.

Funny you should mention something being engulfed in flames when it was the Cuyahoga Lake-in Northeast Ohio that caught fire for being so severely polluted. I would imagine that was quite an attraction for tourists. :heh:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. If he wins titles in the next 2 seasons, he may consider having his fun run with his buddies. If not, I'd say he's there at least 4-5.

If he's there 4-5, then he's not ever going anywhere.
Why on earth would he play any longer then that?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have an owner who's willing to spend into the luxury tax when he has a title team. As far as going out and getting a roster that's head and shoulders (ala Yankees) better than the league he can't. There's a thing called a salary cap. Cavs have the roster that they have at the price that they have because of Birds rights on a lot of the players.

And who's to say Bosh doesn't go to Miami if it weren't for Lebron? Where else was he going to go in free agency? He could've left once Lebron left, but he stayed. If Lebron leaves Cleveland and Love's contract is up, you think he stays in Cleveland? I don't.

And as far as ownership factor is concerned. Gilbert doesn't exactly have a high reputation like Arison, or the Spurs owner with players around the league in terms of reputation. Take it however you want, but that letter cemented Gilbert as an owner. Only reason why the Cavs are in this position is because of Lebron and his want to bring Cleveland a title. Had he been from any other state, we're still talking about the curse that Cleveland has.
I'll admit, you know more about the contract talk/Bird's rights than I do. However, you're probably right. Bosh had nowhere else to go in FA, nobody would/could give him the money Miami did. Do I think Love stays? Not at all. I don't think he likes cold weather, he's a Cali boy. Nothing wrong with going home...

Also, I don't think players care that much about reputation when they have tens of millions staring them in the face. Does Cleveland have a harder time attracting FAs? Duh. It's cold and there's no beach. But don't fool yourself here. If Miami doesn't draft Wade, they'd have no rings either. He was the reason they pulled the trade for Shaq, and the reason Lebron even wanted to go to Miami.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you should mention something being engulfed in flames when it was the Cuyahoga Lake-in Northeast Ohio that caught fire for being so severely polluted. I would imagine that was quite an attraction for tourists. :heh:
The Cuyahoga Lake doesn't exist...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's there 4-5, then he's not ever going anywhere.
Why on earth would he play any longer then that?
No idea. Why does Tim Duncan still play at his age? Love of the game, I guess. If he turns 35 and the Cavs go on and win their 3rd ring with him, I think he pursues his buddy season. Who knows? Maybe he gets them to play for him in Cleveland. Lebron is a pretty persuasive guy.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has Gilbert by the balls. And if Gilbert doesn't want to look like public enemy no. 1 in Cleveland, he'll do Lebron's bidding. What Gilbert is doing is wasteful spending to a degree. Yeah, he got his title, but some of those contracts are just bad. Arison has 3 titles in the last 11 years along with 5 Finals trips. Arison's doing just fine as an owner. I don't recall the Spurs owner ever spending this much into the luxury tax either. He has 5 titles in the last 20 years to show for it. How about Dr. Buss? I wonder if he ever spent so much more money than other teams to get the double figure in championships that they have.

Lebron figured that the Heat roster was too old and found a way to capitalize in Cleveland that would help repair his image and check off a major check box on his to-do list in his career - win a title in Cleveland. The Cavs stock-pile of young assets allowed him to do that as they weren't doing shit in Cleveland before that when they first had him. That's 100% black and white fact that YOU can't possible dispute.

He very possibly will because being wrong has never slowed him down before.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you don't mean this...

upload_2016-6-23_11-24-51.png

do you...?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit, you know more about the contract talk/Bird's rights than I do. However, you're probably right. Bosh had nowhere else to go in FA, nobody would/could give him the money Miami did. Do I think Love stays? Not at all. I don't think he likes cold weather, he's a Cali boy. Nothing wrong with going home...

Also, I don't think players care that much about reputation when they have tens of millions staring them in the face. Does Cleveland have a harder time attracting FAs? Duh. It's cold and there's no beach. But don't fool yourself here. If Miami doesn't draft Wade, they'd have no rings either. He was the reason they pulled the trade for Shaq, and the reason Lebron even wanted to go to Miami.

Owner reputation is not the end all be all. This was more a knock on Dan Gilbert and Wiggy as Wiggy seems to hold Gilbert to such a high level. But when you come out and criticize a player like Lebron for leaving, that may have consequences later on once Lebron leaves/retires. Players are coming to Cleveland to play with Lebron and a chance at a ring - not to play for Gilbert who'll pay into the luxury tax when he has a contender. Outside of the Bulls ownership and Thunder's (until this year), a lot of teams will spend extra when they realize they have a title contender on their hands.

And Gilbert doesn't have the deepest pockets in the league. Ballmer does given his networth is around $25 billion to Gilbert's $3.9 billion. Hell, Arison's net worth is double that of Gilbert's.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your joking right? going back to the 70's?

and someone from LA trying to make fun of pollution in Ohio? thats hilarious. Never did i think I would see china-like smog but you can find it in LA. Last time I was out in Cali- half the beaches were closed because of bacteria warnings.

los-angeles-la-smog-1912.jpg

and you make fun of Cleveland for something from the 70's? LOL...bitter bitter bitter

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea. Why does Tim Duncan still play at his age? Love of the game, I guess. If he turns 35 and the Cavs go on and win their 3rd ring with him, I think he pursues his buddy season. Who knows? Maybe he gets them to play for him in Cleveland. Lebron is a pretty persuasive guy.

He couldn't get Bosh to go there in '10.
He couldn't get Joe Johnson to go there for a playoff run this season.

My best guess is 6 more seasons.
Next year followed by a 5 year super max, where
by the end of, it will be a horrible contract for whoever owns it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't get Bosh to go there in '10.
He couldn't get Joe Johnson to go there for a playoff run this season.

My best guess is 6 more seasons.
Next year followed by a 5 year super max, where
by the end of, it will be a horrible contract for whoever owns it.
I'm not sure he tried all that hard to recruit Joe Johnson there this year.

I could see 6 more. I'm sure by the time that 6th season is up, he'll still be playing well but ready to retire with his health.

Status
Not open for further replies.