• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. You just so happen to be the only one coming on here spewing this crap, but of course. It's just a guess.

And by the way - name me all the big name FA's who have signed with the Heat without Dwayne Wade on the roster.

Heat attracted some decent FA pre Wade ( Grant, Odom, Brown, Jones as examples) but most top were after.
Thing is Heat was an expansion franchise less then 30 years ago.
Wades been here 13 of them.
Takes time to build a foundation that top FA will sign with.
Even with James gone, that foundation is now in place.
Wade stayed. Bosh stayed.
Every top FA agrees to meet with Riley.
Obviously they all can't / won't come, but it's a
viable option.

If James leaves, who'se meeting with Gilbert?
My guess is no one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami itself, I agree, most all downtowns are shitholes. But, tons of places in South Florida are paradise, beach or no beach.
Summers are brutal if you need to be outdoors, but IMO it's still tons better than snow.

As far as vacations , were 3 hours from Orlando, an hour from the Bahamas, an hour or less from cruise ports and within an hour of South Beach. Plus tons more.
It a tourist destination.

Cleveland has what?
Rock N Roll hall of fame?
if CFL's fat ass has a heart attack he could always come to CCF! best in the world!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedar Point was mostly roller coasters when I lived there, and although I like them they make me sick.

Disney has a bit of everything.

To each their own.
CP has a waterpark and quite a few watercoasters as well. There have been many changes since you left, it would seem.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if CFL's fat ass has a heart attack he could always come to CCF! best in the world!

Did you know Richard Jefferson told his agent he wasn't going to Dallas after Deandre backed out?

I had no idea.

I knew they gave Matthew's more money not to back out. But, Jefferson turned it down and walked away.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP has a waterpark and quite a few watercoasters as well. There have been many changes since you left, it would seem.

Probably.
I left in '87 and prob hadn't been there since '77.

When I left the area still had Geauga Lake and Sea World.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Richard Jefferson told his agent he wasn't going to Dallas after Deandre backed out?

I had no idea.

I knew they gave Matthew's more money not to back out. But, Jefferson turned it down and walked away.
he asked Cuban if he would let him out- and Cuban gave his blessing...surprised you never heard this story....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat attracted some decent FA pre Wade ( Grant, Odom, Brown, Jones as examples) but most top were after.
viable option.

My guess is no one.
until the Heat gets a star in his prime they wont do much of anything. Maybe thats in a week, or a decade.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
viable option.

My guess is no one.
Brian Grant? That contract was idiotic, of course he signed with them. Nobody else was coming close to that kind of offer.
Odom came in after they drafted Wade.
Jones was traded there.
I don't know who Brown is, so he must not be that relevant.

Bosh never goes there if not for Lebron. He was the ringleader.

We'll see what happens when James retires, but Cleveland now also has that foundation. They have an owner with extremely deep pockets and, finally, a GM who knows what the hell he's doing. It's not a big market team obviously, but it's bigger than it used to be. To sit there and just rip on it out of nowhere, though, just sounds very sad and petty, and that's putting it nicely.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Grant? That contract was idiotic, of course he signed with them. Nobody else was coming close to that kind of offer.
Jones was traded there.

We'll see what happens when James retires, but Cleveland now also has that foundation. They have an owner with extremely deep pockets and, finally, a GM who knows what the hell he's doing. It's not a big market team obviously, but it's bigger than it used to be. To sit there and just rip on it out of nowhere, though, just sounds very sad and petty, and that's putting it nicely.
hey they signed McRoberts and Granger in order to try and keep LeBron happy! dont forget those 2, lol. #cheap

thank God for Gilbert's deep deep pockets and propensity to spend.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey they signed McRoberts and Granger in order to try and keep LeBron happy! dont forget those 2, lol. #cheap

I'll just accept you make posts like this because you are clueless.

Can't add unless you have cap space or young assets to trade.

Cavs had plenty because they sucked for years.
Now they can add what( and that's with the cap jumping 24M lol)?
See, that's how it works.

And for the 500th time, Gilbert paid luxury tax how many times when James wasn't on the roster? ....and who was THE biggest PROPONENT of a HARD CAP back in 2010?

Last edited:
Reactions: LAD

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was traded there.

So you do think James is there until he retires....:drink:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just accept you make posts like this because you are clueless.

Can't add unless you have cap space or young assets to trade.

Cavs had plenty because they sucked for years.
Now they can add what?
See, that's how it works.

And for the 500th time, Gilbert paid luxury tax how many times when James wasn't on the roster? ....and who was THE biggest PROPONENT of a HARD CAP back in 2010?
you guys left the mid level exception unused...please cry elsewhere....Gilbert has and will continue to far outspend Arison.

Even in the years the Cavs were rebuilding Gilbert did things no other owner would do--- giving Griffin the Green light to take on 40 million of Baron Davis' contract for the pick that became Kyrie Irving---- taking on the contracts of players from the Grizz in order to get draft picks that facilitated the cap space that ended up signing James, taking on Luke Waltons terrible contract from the Lakers to get multiple draft assets.

you need to get a clue. Among the MANY reasons LeBron came back is that Gilbert is willing to spend on a level that Arison simply is not. Thats 100% black and white fact that you cannot POSSIBLY dispute.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys left the mid level exception unused...please cry elsewhere....Gilbert has and will continue to far outspend Arison.

Even in the years the Cavs were rebuilding Gilbert did things no other owner would do--- giving Griffin the Green light to take on 40 million of Baron Davis' contract for the pick that became Kyrie Irving---- taking on the contracts of players from the Grizz in order to get draft picks that facilitated the cap space that ended up signing James, taking on Luke Waltons terrible contract from the Lakers to get multiple draft assets.

you need to get a clue. Among the MANY reasons LeBron came back is that Gilbert is willing to spend on a level that Arison simply is not. Thats 100% black and white fact that you cannot POSSIBLY dispute.

1. How many times did he pay luxury tax?
2. Who cried the most for a hard cap?

0, GILBERT

Spin it ANYWAY you want, you can't change FACTS.
Gilbert will continue to have deep pockets AS LONG as James is wearing the pants.
Then he'll be the first one bitching and moaning again...

And again, sorry you don't understand what the BENEFITS are of not being over the cap or a repeat offender.
NO reason to spend it, if the player doesn't improve your chances of winning.
There was no one worth spending it on.
Spurs were kicking our ass either way.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Griffin's ability not to fuck things up, a la when we had the chance to get Amare in his prime for JJ Hickson and he said no.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you do think James is there until he retires....:drink:
He will retire a Cavalier. Whether that means playing the rest of his career here, or coming back for a 1 day contract after he goes off to have his goof off year 7 years from now, he will retire a Cavalier.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CA has several waterparks AND several amusement parks AND amusement parks with waterparks in them....:dhd:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CA has several waterparks AND several amusement parks AND amusement parks with waterparks in them....:dhd:
I would hope so. So does Ohio, and California is significantly bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.