• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, he said he'd want to play a season with them, and he said at the end of their careers. He didn't say he's ready to forge the rest of his career with them. When he's 36 or 37 and wants a goof off year playing with his friends, so be it. Go have fun, dude. The only problem is, Chris Paul and Melo are both locked into their contracts for 3 more years, so you'd have to get either the Clippers or Knicks to agree to a deal that would likely not even work with the salary caps on both teams. It would take an extreme amount of wheeling and dealing. In 2019 if they all wanna go sign contracts with some team for $15 mil apiece, cool. Go have fun. It ain't happening anytime soon though.
exactly.

everyone is gonna be watching LeBron and Kyrie dominate the East for a long time to come. Its something the LeBron and Cleveland haters will have to come to accept....all though win or lose- people will always take shots at LeBron and Cleveland- people like turnuptheheat--- they just cant help themselves. Next year - win or lose- expect the same rambling incoherent hate...its just inevitable when you are LeBron and the Cavs.

it just comes with the territory- having one of the very best of all time- and a controversial owner who speaks his mind- and has the biggets wallet in the league--- the most national tv games--- going deep into the playoffs every single year....i can understand the lebron fatigue. I get it....i just have to warn everyone--- Kyrie and LeBron are going to be making history for a long time to come..

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really like Durant's reference to Lebron being Batman on his blocking ability. A menacing and cerebral image and one that Lebron deserves. Howard was strutting around like he was Superman but Batman is hero that gets respect.

I wonder if Durant loses confidence in himself and decides that he needs to go to GSW in order to get the title monkey off his back- or if he will do the dirk thing and stay and hope him and RW can pull it off.....itll be interesting.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always said the likelihood of him leaving goes UP once they win a title. I don't think he would've ever left if they never won.

That said.... I don't see it happening anytime soon. As long as the Cavs continue to be at the top of the East... I think its more likely that people join LeBron in CLE than him joining people elsewhere.

Yeah once the cap goes up next season they can actually have a little more to play with but still not much money.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of that, but it was just an example that came out of his mouth.
Point was, he's not locked into staying in Cleveland now that he's won there.
Who knows what else he and or Nike might be thinking?
You're a fool to think Nike is pulling the strings in any way. Lebron is a global cashcow. If he decided he wanted to play in frickin Denver, Nike would fully support him. He's the highest paid athlete in history in terms of endorsements. What this comes down to is what is in his heart.

He just said he's never been this happy in his entire life. I know Heat fans are still bitter about him leaving, you could at least be a little objective and stop being so one-sided. You're not coming off as knowledgeable, you're coming off as jilted and spiteful.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Durant loses confidence in himself and decides that he needs to go to GSW in order to get the title monkey off his back- or if he will do the dirk thing and stay and hope him and RW can pull it off.....itll be interesting.
Probably the biggest question in sports right now. I think the smart money is on him giving one more year in OKC before bolting. If Durant leaves OKC, I think its only for his home town. That would be my guess based on absolutely nothing.

If Durant goes to GSW and creates an All-Star team then I think that will just crush the interest in the NBA outside of a couple of teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course sports is just sports. At the end of the day its just a game. There are obviously much more important things in life. It just comes off disingenuous juxtaposed against what you've been preaching all year long.

"Championship or bust. All the success in the world doesn't mean anything if you end up in 2nd place. LeBron won't be happy with any less. You shouldn't be happy with anything short of a title. Who cares if you win this series... if you lose in the Finals it doesn't matter. The title is all that matters" etc, etc, etc...

Now they win the title and its all "Meh. Doesn't matter. Nothing to get too happy about. Your life goes on like normal. Cool that they won... but it doesn't really mean anything."

But if Miami wins the title, you should bow down and think they are the greatest team ever. Meh, it's all good. All that matters is the Cavs and the city of Cleveland finally won the ultimate prize. It is just a great accomplishment for the Cavs but mostly for the city of Cleveland, but it is more than just basketball for Cleveland.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fool to think Nike is pulling the strings in any way. Lebron is a global cashcow. If he decided he wanted to play in frickin Denver, Nike would fully support him. He's the highest paid athlete in history in terms of endorsements. What this comes down to is what is in his heart.

He just said he's never been this happy in his entire life. I know Heat fans are still bitter about him leaving, you could at least be a little objective and stop being so one-sided. You're not coming off as knowledgeable, you're coming off as jilted and spiteful.

Of course James has final say in any decision regarding his basketball career, but if you don't think the company who just invested 1 BILLION+ in him doesn't offer suggestions or input, then you're just plain naive.

And please quit coming back to bitter Heat fans.
None of the ones who post here wanted him and his annual opt outs to stay.

You clowns were the ones burning jerseys , owner writing childish hate letters, and nearly rioting in hate when the Heat came there in Dec 2010.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if Miami wins the title, you should bow down and think they are the greatest team ever. Meh, it's all good. All that matters is the Cavs and the city of Cleveland finally won the ultimate prize. It is just a great accomplishment for the Cavs but mostly for the city of Cleveland, but it is more than just basketball for Cleveland.

Who said anyone should do anything when the Heat won?

And what more can it be then entertainment if it doesn't change your life, unless you have no real life?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the biggest question in sports right now. I think the smart money is on him giving one more year in OKC before bolting. If Durant leaves OKC, I think its only for his home town. That would be my guess based on absolutely nothing.

If Durant goes to GSW and creates an All-Star team then I think that will just crush the interest in the NBA outside of a couple of teams.
yah i could see Durant maybe doing it for 1 or 2 years if he gets desperate---- however - after taking that team to 7 games- how do you not want to come back and beat them? its not like its an insurmountable obstacle.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course James has final say in any decision regarding his basketball career, but if you don't think the company who just invested 1 BILLION+ in him doesn't offer suggestions or input, then you're just plain naive.

And please quit coming back to bitter Heat fans.
None of the ones who post here wanted him and his annual opt outs to stay.

You clowns were the ones burning jerseys , owner writing childish hate letters, and nearly rioting in hate when the Heat came there in Dec 2010.
Of course they offer suggestions. At the end of the day, he takes their suggestions into consideration and does what he wants. He is in charge, make no mistake.

I'll keep coming back to bitter Heat fans as long as you continue to look like one. Coming on here the day after Cleveland wins a title and starting in with your "He's gonna leave, Kyrie's gonna leave, you're gonna be back in the lottery" bullshit screams nothing but angry jealousy and bitterness. Anybody with a brain can see that, you're not fooling anyone.

Oh, and we were the ones burning jerseys? This look familiar?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what more can it be then entertainment if it doesn't change your life, unless you have no real life?
this is where you are just wrong- and as a former Clevelander it really surprises me - but maybe i shouldnt be surprised- that you are just so clueless and so 100% wrong and uninformed.

Every single time a Cleveland team got close to a title- we had to see sportscenter and whoever recount the Drive, the Fumble, the Shot, the Decision, Jose mesa in the 9th, the Sweep, Olnyk ripping Love's shoulder out of his socket etc...

Every single time a Cleveland team got close- haters like you come out of the woodwork to denigrate them- post pictures of empty cabinets etc.....criticizing lebron, criticizing ownership etc.

thats all gone now. We dont have to see that shit EVER again. A cloud has been lifted. Much like when the Red Sox won in 2004- their is a palpably different feel that is without a doubt real and lasting. As a Miami fan there is just nothing comparable you could ever experience. In this instance- your ignorance and inability to see passed your bias has deestroyed your credibility.

You simply dont and cant understand what that Title meant to the city ESPECIALLY in the manner that it was done. EVERYONE knew that Game 7 was a potential disaster waiting to happen if things went bad- but despite that everyone stayed positive even though they had no reason to be with the cities past. Thats faith- and that faith was rewarded.

You dont understand it because you simply CANT understand it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they offer suggestions. At the end of the day, he takes their suggestions into consideration and does what he wants. He is in charge, make no mistake.

I'll keep coming back to bitter Heat fans as long as you continue to look like one. Coming on here the day after Cleveland wins a title and starting in with your "He's gonna leave, Kyrie's gonna leave, you're gonna be back in the lottery" bullshit screams nothing but angry jealousy and bitterness. Anybody with a brain can see that, you're not fooling anyone.

Oh, and we were the ones burning jerseys? This look familiar?

Sorry you're so butt hurt by I answered Wiggys question with my best guess.
If you feel he's there until he's completely bald, that's certainly ok with me.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you're so butt hurt by I answered Wiggys question with my best guess.
If you feel he's there until he's completely bald, that's certainly ok with me.
That's not your best guess, that's your angry, jilted Heat fan response. Notice it's only the Heat fans coming on here talking about how he's going to screw over Cleveland and leave. Actually, it's pretty much just you.

If the shoe fits, wear it. Just stop acting like you aren't pissed about him when all of your bother posts clearly indicate you are.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you really love watching sports and rooting for your team it does mean a lot but obviously there are more important things no doubt. It was more about the city of Cleveland and it gives people hope, that's why the fans and city is so great they really have pride in their city and where they come from.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't ask a question if you don't want an answer.
And you don't ever have to "listen" (shouldn't it be read)? anything I write.

#IGNOREFEATURE
#IDONTGIVEAFUCK

Also, no reason to say anything about it until next season ends, because until then we don't know if they won or lost, right...??:thumb:

Well if you weren't so biased when talking about LeBron I wouldn't question all the nonstop nonsense you've posted since the start of last year. I bet you're already counting down the days until next season ends so you can tell all of us how he's gonna leave Cleveland. He didn't leave after last year, he didn't leave after this year. Right now all you have is hope that he'll leave after next season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you weren't so biased when talking about LeBron I wouldn't question all the nonstop nonsense you've posted since the start of last year. I bet you're already counting down the days until next season ends so you can tell all of us how he's gonna leave Cleveland. He didn't leave after last year, he didn't leave after this year. Right now all you have is hope that he'll leave after next season.
hes just all over the place. he tries to give this act like its not Cleveland he hates- but LeBron- but then says how much he would laugh if LeBron went to out to California. It comes down to the fact that he was just 100% sure the Cavs would lose- kept posting stuff for weeks on end during the playoffs, #runneruptrophy etc... and now that history and karma has taken a big bite out of his ass he is grasping at the thinnest of straws because for some reason he cant take us Cleveland fans basking in the glory of our well deserved title.

Him and LAD just cannot let it go and say- yup I was wrong and leave it at that...no matter how succesful the Cavs and LEBron are they will try and find whatever cracks their are to exploit for their own purposes. Its just something you have to accept when you root for the Cavs and LeBRon at this point...there will always be people like that when you have achieved this level of success and have an owner like Dan G who speaks his mind and backs it up with the biggest wallet in the league.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes just all over the place. he tries to give this act like its not Cleveland he hates- but LeBron- but then says how much he would laugh if LeBron went to out to California. It comes down to the fact that he was just 100% sure the Cavs would lose- kept posting stuff for weeks on end during the playoffs, #runneruptrophy etc... and now that history and karma has taken a big bite out of his ass he is grasping at the thinnest of straws because for some reason he cant take us Cleveland fans basking in the glory of our well deserved title.

Him and LAD just cannot let it go and say- yup I was wrong and leave it at that...no matter how succesful the Cavs and LEBron are they will try and find whatever cracks their are to exploit for their own purposes. Its just something you have to accept when you root for the Cavs and LeBRon at this point...there will always be people like that when you have achieved this level of success and have an owner like Dan G who speaks his mind and backs it up with the biggest wallet in the league.

It's ok, for once we get to watch the show and :pop2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ok, for once we get to watch the show and :pop2:
maybe in early november we will be having another one....? huh? Tribe looks awfully good right now and its undeniable their is a feeling of momentum in the City that just permeates through everyone.

Salazar, Kluber, Bauer, Tomlin, Carrasco is AMAZING.

a Cubs/Indians World Series?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where you are just wrong- and as a former Clevelander it really surprises me - but maybe i shouldnt be surprised- that you are just so clueless and so 100% wrong and uninformed.

Every single time a Cleveland team got close to a title- we had to see sportscenter and whoever recount the Drive, the Fumble, the Shot, the Decision, Jose mesa in the 9th, the Sweep, Olnyk ripping Love's shoulder out of his socket etc...

Every single time a Cleveland team got close- haters like you come out of the woodwork to denigrate them- post pictures of empty cabinets etc.....criticizing lebron, criticizing ownership etc.

thats all gone now. We dont have to see that shit EVER again. A cloud has been lifted. Much like when the Red Sox won in 2004- their is a palpably different feel that is without a doubt real and lasting. As a Miami fan there is just nothing comparable you could ever experience. In this instance- your ignorance and inability to see passed your bias has deestroyed your credibility.

You simply dont and cant understand what that Title meant to the city ESPECIALLY in the manner that it was done. EVERYONE knew that Game 7 was a potential disaster waiting to happen if things went bad- but despite that everyone stayed positive even though they had no reason to be with the cities past. Thats faith- and that faith was rewarded.

You dont understand it because you simply CANT understand it.

I totally understand because I lived and died there through most of it.
I guess I just now see it different because I've also lived through some winning, and although it was fun, it just wasn't that big of a deal.
Maybe that's just my personality?
Who knows?
If it's something bigger to you, then I get it and won't try to diminish whatever that feeling is.
Fair enough?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally understand because I lived and died there through most of it.
I guess I just now see it different because I've also lived through some winning, and although it was fun, it just wasn't that big of a deal.
Maybe that's just my personality?
Who knows?
If it's something bigger to you, then I get it and won't try to diminish whatever that feeling is.
Fair enough?
its not just limited to me though- not by a long shot. I have a feeling the 1.3 million people that SHATTERED the record for a victory parade- in no less than one of the smaller markets in the country- felt the same exact way.

Status
Not open for further replies.