• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've talked to alotta old friends back home in Akron since the Cavs won. From what they have said w/ the salary cap jump right around the corner the Cavs can expect LeBron to only sign what would basically be 2 year deals w/ an opt out option after the 1st.

And I agree about no Olympics for him this summer. He ain't in his mid 20's anymore.
This is different from what he's been doing how? :noidea:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha OKC had to play against the #1 & #2 teams in the ENTIERE league in order to get to the Finals. And they beat one of them- with a good chance to beat them both. GS was able to come together as a team and pull that series out.
What teams in the EC did Cleveland play that matches that level of competition? NONE. I mean what would it have said about Cleveland if they didn't look like superstars beating Detroit & then ATL? See this is the problem most fans have with Cavs fans. You guys are never willing to admit they always have an easier path in the post season but want to immediately crown your team as great before they even have to prove themselves.

Of course Curry took some bad shots, every player does. He even went as far as admitting it in his presser. But you don't think OKC would've had KD on Love? I know that isn't the match up Lue would've wanted in terms of Love covering KD but OKC would've definitely been smart enough to run plays that would make that switch happen. Their coach was pretty savvy with his adjustments/subs. I just can't really believe you think RW wouldn't have been able to guard Kyrie. And you didn't comment on how Kyrie would've done covering RW.

And I never said anything about LBJ- because he would've gotten his points/stats. There is no debate on that. But Adams was a beast in the paint and he gave Dray a run for his money so no I wouldn't exactly count him out in terms of his effort.

Here's a stat for you:
GS had a better record against all of the teams in the EC than the Cavs did- and of course against the WC too.
Yet you think the Cavs were the better team?
LOL what the hell are you talking about? I'm pretty sure GS didn't face San Antonio or Cleveland in order to get to the Finals. They faced the #5 team in the NBA (OKC) in the WCF. Cleveland faced the #4 team (TOR) in the ECF, and then the #1 team in the Finals.

You can't believe I don't think RW could cover Kyrie based on what? Curry was a better defender this year and RW and Kyrie went off in the Finals. Do you have even a single shred of evidence to suggest he wouldn't have against OKC aside from "I think he would have"?

And yes, the Cavs were the better team. Know how I know? We have the title, not GS. And yes, I did comment on Kyrie covering RW - "If the Cavs were able to slow down Curry, they would've been fine against RW."

Here's a stat for you: The Cavs are the champs, so yeah, they were the better team.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a deep breath.

I'm not saying anything about the Warriors. I'm saying the comparison between players being injured and players not playing well is not a good one.

Stop it.

As I mentioned, that is your opinion. But a player being injured isn't something they can help in most cases or control, but playing well or not is something they can. Why are you comparing the two like they're the same?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague dealt to Indy in a 3 team deal with Utah. Atlanta gets the #12 pick and Hill goes to Utah.

The poor fuck.
Did that really happen? I don't really see much of a point for any of the teams.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did that really happen? I don't really see much of a point for any of the teams.

Yes, it went down. Indy upgraded their PG and Ellis can now play SG since he's not a true PG. Utah got a decent player to back up their young PG and didn't give up much. The Hawks got fucked since the 12th pick won't be very good.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL what the hell are you talking about? I'm pretty sure GS didn't face San Antonio or Cleveland in order to get to the Finals. They faced the #5 team in the NBA (OKC) in the WCF. Cleveland faced the #4 team (TOR) in the ECF, and then the #1 team in the Finals.

You can't believe I don't think RW could cover Kyrie based on what? Curry was a better defender this year and RW and Kyrie went off in the Finals. Do you have even a single shred of evidence to suggest he wouldn't have against OKC aside from "I think he would have"?

And yes, the Cavs were the better team. Know how I know? We have the title, not GS. And yes, I did comment on Kyrie covering RW - "If the Cavs were able to slow down Curry, they would've been fine against RW."

Here's a stat for you: The Cavs are the champs, so yeah, they were the better team.

In relation to the bolded line above: I think you should re-read my post and then try again my friend. We were talking about OKC & Cleveland, remember? :rolleyes2:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it.

As I mentioned, that is your opinion. But a player being injured isn't something they can help in most cases or control, but playing well or not is something they can. Why are you comparing the two like they're the same?

You might have lost your mind.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't talking about Drummond specifically- I said a player like him. Hopefully said player could shot at least 60% from the line though.
I agree. What do you think of Alex Len? I was very impressed with his size, agility and rebounding

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is different from what he's been doing how? :noidea:

You really are pissed that the Cavs just pulled off the greatest Finals upset ever. And I never said he's doing anything different. I was just going by what I recently heard from friends back in Akron that listen to the local sports talk shows, they were the ones that mentioned the salary cap & bigger contracts right around the corner factoring into these 2 years deals he wants.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a deep breath.

I'm not saying anything about the Warriors. I'm saying the comparison between players being injured and players not playing well is not a good one.
I'm sure the Cavaliers are the last team that want to hear anything about injuries after what they went through last post season but I wonder if Curry was ever right during the playoffs after the two injuries.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. What do you think of Alex Len? I was very impressed with his size, agility and rebounding
Honestly I didn't spend many days watching the Suns play. But I would only wonder about his toughness. Throughout this post season it was very clear GS needs to toughen up in the paint. Dray can't continue to do that alone.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it went down. Indy upgraded their PG and Ellis can now play SG since he's not a true PG. Utah got a decent player to back up their young PG and didn't give up much. The Hawks got fucked since the 12th pick won't be very good.
Yeah actually I was wrong, Indy got a great deal. For some reason I was thinking of the wrong player. The 12 pick is OK, but I'm surprised they couldn't get better for Teague.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know we can't get Drummond. I said a player LIKE him is what we need.

That would be DeAndre Jordan.

They almost had him too.

Biyombo is the only guy that comes close and by close I mean ....not at all...lol

High energy, no offense and smallish.

But, he'd protect the rim.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really are pissed that the Cavs just pulled off the greatest Finals upset ever. And I never said he's doing anything different. I was just going by what I recently heard from friends back in Akron that listen to the local sports talk shows, they were the ones that mentioned the salary cap & bigger contracts right around the corner factoring into these 2 years deals he wants.
Listen, had they won fair & square on the court I wouldn't have a problem at all with them winning.

And I thought you mentioned it for a reason since he's already been doing it since he returned to Cleveland.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be DeAndre Jordan.

They almost had him too.

Biyombo is the only guy that comes close and by close I mean ....not at all...lol

High energy, no offense and smallish.

But, he'd protect the rim.
He actually had some impressive blocks against LBJ in that series- of course he was cheated on them all and called for fouls. :scratch:

But I'm sure he caught the eye of a few GMs looking for a rim protector that will hustle.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In relation to the bolded line above: I think you should re-read my post and then try again my friend. We were talking about OKC & Cleveland, remember? :rolleyes2:
I think you should read your original post and figure it out from there:

Hahaha OKC had to play against the #1 & #2 teams in the ENTIERE league in order to get to the Finals.

So in order to GET to the Finals, you said they had to face the #1 and #2 teams in the entire league, and you aren't even close. They faced the #5 team in the WCF (OKC) and #3 team (CLE) IN the Finals. No rolling your eyes on this one, sweetheart. You were flat out wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.