• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way. I just don't know how that would work- since KD isn't exactly known for his defense.
I'd like to see them go after someone in the mold of DeAndre Jordan or Alex Len.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about what he could do in 2 or 3 or 4 years is okay though right?:hope:

Depends on if he has a opt-out clause after a year or two.

But, we can at least put it on ice for the Summer....lol

No Olympics for him either.....I'm getting concerned.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And GS beat the Cavs every time they met in the reg season. Didn't you already say that didn't mean anything?

OKC was on fire during this post season. I know most people thought they couldn't beat the Cavs in a series...but after they started to play-especially in the WCF it changed a lot of people's minds. I truly thought had they beat GS that they were winning the title.

Cavs just would've had no answer for RW. He would've run circles around Kyrie and he would've been able to defend Kyrie much better than Curry did. We don't even need to talk about the KD/Love match up, right?
I never said anything about GS/Cle in the regular season. I think that was Wiggy.

OKC was on fire, and then they were brought back down to earth. You know who else was historically on fire during the postseason? Cleveland.

If the Cavs were able to slow down Curry, they would've been fine against RW. You think Steph took a lot of dumb shots? Also, what makes you think Love would be guarding KD? They don't even play the same position.

Also, Curry is a better defensive PG than Westbrook, statistically speaking (defensive real +/- has Curry 6, Westbrook 9). Kyrie would've been fine. Speaking who would've guarded who, do you think anyone on OKC would've had any chance to do better vs. Lebron than Draymond? Come on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on if he has a opt-out clause after a year or two.

But, we can at least put it on ice for the Summer....lol

No Olympics for him either.....I'm getting concerned.

I've talked to alotta old friends back home in Akron since the Cavs won. From what they have said w/ the salary cap jump right around the corner the Cavs can expect LeBron to only sign what would basically be 2 year deals w/ an opt out option after the 1st.

And I agree about no Olympics for him this summer. He ain't in his mid 20's anymore.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty big difference between "didn't play well" and "didn't play at all," don't you think?
Sure it is. Are you saying that they didn't play at all? Because how did they get that 3-1 lead in the first place if they "didn't play at all"?

And, for the record I said they didn't SHOOT well. Which is pretty common for jump shooters of all kinds.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them go after someone in the mold of DeAndre Jordan or Alex Len.
Yes, they definitely need a younger C- but I said this earlier in the year and a lot of people didn't agree with me. Could you imagine a guy like Drummond down in the paint with Dray? I also want to see them pick up a bigger/stronger SF. They need a guy who won't get beat on defense everynight.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it is. Are you saying that they didn't play at all? Because how did they get that 3-1 lead in the first place if they "didn't play at all"?

And, for the record I said they didn't SHOOT well. Which is pretty common for jump shooters of all kinds.

You were talking about fans making excuses. Cavs fans citing injuries in 2015, Warriors fans citing poor shooting in 2016. You compared those excuses, which is disingenuous.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He probably means Kyrie and Love didn't play least year.

I'm guessing because I refuse to go back and read.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they definitely need a younger C- but I said this earlier in the year and a lot of people didn't agree with me. Could you imagine a guy like Drummond down in the paint with Dray? I also want to see them pick up a bigger/stronger SF. They need a guy who won't get beat on defense everynight.

Unless you are willing to trade Curry, no way to get Drummond.

Biyombo maybe?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Drummond would be nice. He is even worse than Bogut though at the foul line and that can be a huge factor at the end of the game,

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about GS/Cle in the regular season. I think that was Wiggy.

OKC was on fire, and then they were brought back down to earth. You know who else was historically on fire during the postseason? Cleveland.

If the Cavs were able to slow down Curry, they would've been fine against RW. You think Steph took a lot of dumb shots? Also, what makes you think Love would be guarding KD? They don't even play the same position.

Also, Curry is a better defensive PG than Westbrook, statistically speaking (defensive real +/- has Curry 6, Westbrook 9). Kyrie would've been fine. Speaking who would've guarded who, do you think anyone on OKC would've had any chance to do better vs. Lebron than Draymond? Come on.
Hahaha OKC had to play against the #1 & #2 teams in the ENTIERE league in order to get to the Finals. And they beat one of them- with a good chance to beat them both. GS was able to come together as a team and pull that series out.
What teams in the EC did Cleveland play that matches that level of competition? NONE. I mean what would it have said about Cleveland if they didn't look like superstars beating Detroit & then ATL? See this is the problem most fans have with Cavs fans. You guys are never willing to admit they always have an easier path in the post season but want to immediately crown your team as great before they even have to prove themselves.

Of course Curry took some bad shots, every player does. He even went as far as admitting it in his presser. But you don't think OKC would've had KD on Love? I know that isn't the match up Lue would've wanted in terms of Love covering KD but OKC would've definitely been smart enough to run plays that would make that switch happen. Their coach was pretty savvy with his adjustments/subs. I just can't really believe you think RW wouldn't have been able to guard Kyrie. And you didn't comment on how Kyrie would've done covering RW.

And I never said anything about LBJ- because he would've gotten his points/stats. There is no debate on that. But Adams was a beast in the paint and he gave Dray a run for his money so no I wouldn't exactly count him out in terms of his effort.

Here's a stat for you:
GS had a better record against all of the teams in the EC than the Cavs did- and of course against the WC too.
Yet you think the Cavs were the better team?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were talking about fans making excuses. Cavs fans citing injuries in 2015, Warriors fans citing poor shooting in 2016. You compared those excuses, which is disingenuous.
I'd also like to point out the hypocrisy in the whining about the refs, considering it was so bad in last year's finals that the NBA itself even came out and apologized for calls that should've been made against GS in one of the games.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your opinion. But are you saying that GS shot well?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are willing to trade Curry, no way to get Drummond.

Biyombo maybe?
Oh I know we can't get Drummond. I said a player LIKE him is what we need.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague dealt to Indy in a 3 team deal with Utah. Atlanta gets the #12 pick and Hill goes to Utah.

The poor fuck.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Drummond would be nice. He is even worse than Bogut though at the foul line and that can be a huge factor at the end of the game,
I wasn't talking about Drummond specifically- I said a player like him. Hopefully said player could shot at least 60% from the line though.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your opinion. But are you saying that GS shot well?

Take a deep breath.

I'm not saying anything about the Warriors. I'm saying the comparison between players being injured and players not playing well is not a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.