• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just came back from the canyons at Lake Powell where we had no TV or internet and was very surprised and disappointed to find out that the Dubs had blown this series. I guess I'm not too shocked though, they never seemed quite right in this post season. If I'm not mistaken, they lost as many games this post season as they did the entire regular season.

Not sure how they lost this up 3 to 1 but I suspect Curry probably pulled another disappearing act and Thompson as well. Can't bring myself to turn on the news to find out because I can't stomach seeing the pandering and worship to James. It will be interesting to see how the team reacts, or over-reacts, to this collapse during the free agency period.
Draymond Green balled out in Game 7. It was a good game. Tied with 3 minutes to go. Tied with 2 minutes to go. Tied with 1 minute to go.

Could have gone either way.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree, it would be significantly more valuable. I also find Tristen Thompson having the offensive prowess of Karl Malone would be more valuable, but I doubt it happens.

Curry is a sniper playing PG, but he's not even half the facilitator CP3 is (3.7 APG in the finals??), and I strongly doubt he could be. We know what GS is with Curry playing his style - one of the best teams in the league, and obviously championship-caliber. Adding a player like Durant, in a perfect world, would make them unbeatable. However, you have to adjust for shots. It would take Curry's effectiveness down when he doesn't have the volume, and it wouldn't be using KD to his potential when you have a backcourt like GS that loves playing bombs away. I just don't see it being a great fit.

Very true. As far as upgrading the SF spot in a reasonable manner, it's probably better to go with Batum who would transition into a similar role that he's in now.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were fine in the games where he was rolling and the 3's were falling like layups (which happened a lot), but I thought he tried too many of those in the playoffs and finals when his 3 wasn't falling. It was like he was trying to force them rather than just shooting them in the flow of the game.

To me, the problem is when that's ALL he does.

I don't know if the blocks dissuaded him from driving... but all year long Curry has used his elite dribbling and driving skills to open up the space he has at the 3 point line.

He did very little driving in the Finals.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. As far as upgrading the SF spot in a reasonable manner, it's probably better to go with Batum who would transition into a similar role that he's in now.
I've been hearing he may be asking for close to the max, as well. I think they could swing it, especially with Barnes and Ezeli gone, but that would definitely mean Bogut has to be the center again (which is likely the case anyhow, they aren't gonna want to pay the money/deal with the headache for Dwight). That could be an extremely scary scenario for the rest of the league if he goes to GS.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been hearing he may be asking for close to the max, as well. I think they could swing it, especially with Barnes and Ezeli gone, but that would definitely mean Bogut has to be the center again (which is likely the case anyhow, they aren't gonna want to pay the money/deal with the headache for Dwight). That could be an extremely scary scenario for the rest of the league if he goes to GS.

Yeah. I'm not giving Batum the max. At that point it comes down to if he's willing to play for a discount at a chance to win a title. Some players would just rather get paid as much as they can - no problem with that. If I'm the Warriors and I could find a way to keep Bogut and sign Batum - than that's a successful offseason. Plus they'll likely draft a big to put in their front court in the draft.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm not giving Batum the max. At that point it comes down to if he's willing to play for a discount at a chance to win a title. Some players would just rather get paid as much as they can - no problem with that. If I'm the Warriors and I could find a way to keep Bogut and sign Batum - than that's a successful offseason. Plus they'll likely draft a big to put in their front court in the draft.
What other big name SF's are out there in FA? I'm really behind on the contract guys. It sounds like Batum is the best one (outside KD).

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solomon Hill is an awesome value in free agency this off-season.

Versatile defender, can knock down open looks, great rebounder at his position.

I think the Pacers were crazy to let him go.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond Green balled out in Game 7. It was a good game. Tied with 3 minutes to go. Tied with 2 minutes to go. Tied with 1 minute to go.

Could have gone either way.

You sure?
Wiggys convinced the Cavs destroyed them.
Didn't you read the illogic?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I do.

I don't know much about the game, but I feel like if you're a buck fifty and getting shoved around the court by men playing basketball, maybe the NBA isn't it the place for you.
I might agree, if only pulling on one's jersey for an advantage was legal defense. In THIS league, however, not so much.

Even though you claim to not know much, I'm willing to bet you DID know that. :nod:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's point?

I'm not trying to say Love has been better than Bosh. He obviously has some defensive issues where as Bosh was amazing on defense.

I just the think the difference in perception of how Bosh fit in with the Heat vs how Love has fit in with the Cavs is WAY more than it should be.
I think his point is stats don't tell the entire story. As you've mentioned- Bosh is way better on defense and Love has been a liability for them. Those things aren't in the stat line, are they?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue just now on Mike & Mike:

"Kevin love will be here next year. Without him we wouldn't be where we are and he's a big part of what we're trying to do moving forward."
What is he supposed to say? Yea, we're looking to trade him because he's a liability for us on defense? I think having him come off the bench when he returned to the line up said that loud & clear.

It's the same thing that Kerr does when talking about HB. Of course he knows he's struggled- mightily- but he won't say that out loud, especially to reporters.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he supposed to say? Yea, we're looking to trade him because he's a liability for us on defense? I think having him come off the bench when he returned to the line up said that loud & clear.

It's the same thing that Kerr does when talking about HB. Of course he knows he's struggled- mightily- but he won't say that out lough, especially to reporters.

2 weeks ago, Lue was on the same boat down the river that Love was/is.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Warrior fan I don't care about it. We already beat them, on their home court, so they haven't done anything we haven't. But, GS did it first. And we did it in less games. :nod:

#beentheredonethat

Only because Kyrie, Love, Shumpert were hurt

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the same thing that Kerr does when talking about HB. Of course he knows he's struggled- mightily- but he won't say that out loud, especially to reporters.

Love sure did a great job defending Curry to end the game, when it mattered

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love sure did a great job defending Curry to end the game, when it mattered
I agree he did play good defense for 15 seconds or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.