• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you image what would have happened if Durant was taking all those shots that Barnes missed?

This is looking like a real possibility, isn't it?
Can you imagine if Kevin Love was putting up the same numbers in Cleveland as he was in Minnesota?

Doesn't work like that. if you think KD would be happy touching the ball the same amount that Barnes was, you're crazy.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NO WAY Durant goes to Golden State. ZERO %. He would be moving to a team where he will be playing second or even third fiddle to Curry and Klay, Durant doesnt like doing that with Westbrook. He wants a team where he is the main guy and had some good players around him but follow him. Not where he has to follow them. Personally, the only two options i see for him are staying in OKC and possibly requesting (behind closed doors) the team trade away Westbrook for 2-3 really good players that can get them over the hump. Or him going to Washington where he will be the main guy and he would have a solid team behind him, starting with Wall.

Westbrook is better then Wall, but Westbrook takes alot of the spotlight off Durant.

Not to mention the league would Veto him going to GS in a heartbeat. Cuban, Gilbert, Lebron would be on the phone with Silver crying right away.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the SOLE reason they lost but it certainly contributed. IMO this series wraps up in 5 if Dray plays in that game. All signs point to it. GS was rolling.

And yes, once Dray was out & LBJ & Kyrie were free to roam the paint like teenage girls at the mall it was hard to stop that. Game 6 was a debacle. It's hard for a team to defend when they're being called for ticky tack fouls. Players in foul trouble can't get into a rhythm. And then top that with Steph & Klay literally forgetting how to shoot jumpers and we're left with the Cavs as champs.

However, I will say in defense of Klay & Steph that it's probably pretty hard to shoot jumpers when you have guys grabbing you, hugging you & grabbing your jersey the entire game. I've posted a pic that illustrates LBJ doing just that to Steph.

Holy shit. Them's some seriously sour grapes.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant to Washington would be cool.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to say Love has been better than Bosh. He obviously has some defensive issues where as Bosh was amazing on defense.

I just the think the difference in perception of how Bosh fit in with the Heat vs how Love has fit in with the Cavs is WAY more than it should be.

Soooo close to getting it. But still missed.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if Kevin Love was putting up the same numbers in Cleveland as he was in Minnesota?

Doesn't work like that. if you think KD would be happy touching the ball the same amount that Barnes was, you're crazy.

There is NO WAY Durant goes to Golden State. ZERO %. He would be moving to a team where he will be playing second or even third fiddle to Curry and Klay, Durant doesnt like doing that with Westbrook. He wants a team where he is the main guy and had some good players around him but follow him. Not where he has to follow them. Personally, the only two options i see for him are staying in OKC and possibly requesting (behind closed doors) the team trade away Westbrook for 2-3 really good players that can get them over the hump. Or him going to Washington where he will be the main guy and he would have a solid team behind him, starting with Wall.

Westbrook is better then Wall, but Westbrook takes alot of the spotlight off Durant.

Not to mention the league would Veto him going to GS in a heartbeat. Cuban, Gilbert, Lebron would be on the phone with Silver crying right away.

My comment was based solely on what I've read the last couple days.
Durant certainly seems to be choosing his words carefully and hasn't pledged any allegiance to the Thunder.
I thought if the Warriors won, no way he'd go, but they didn't.
He may now be in the mindset that he is the piece that would be the difference maker, for multiple years.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue just now on Mike & Mike:

"Kevin love will be here next year. Without him we wouldn't be where we are and he's a big part of what we're trying to do moving forward."

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant certainly seems to be choosing his words carefully and hasn't pledged any allegiance to the Thunder.
He may now be in the mindset that he is the piece that would be the difference maker, for multiple years.

quite possibly ANOTHER superteam in the making...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but do you think that chemistry would work? Only one ball to go around. Honestly, I think Draymond wouldn't be upset with being the 4th option, but Klay would not be happy being 3rd and I can't see KD wanting to be 2nd. If he leaves OKC (which I doubt he does), I think he's a much better fit in Washington. He and Wall, with Beal as a sharpshooter, would instantly be the biggest threat to Cleveland and honestly, to the rest of the NBA.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland won the Finals and rightfully so, they played better then GS, but going into next season you need to ask yourself. Do you think you can go another season, especially playoffs with a healthy Irving and Love? I feel Cleveland got lucky this year that neither those 2 got injured. I feel that was more a fluke then anything. They may not be as bad as Rose but I feel those 2 are injury prone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, that would be pretty cool. It just doesn't feel right having the Lakers not in the thick of things.

That would definitely put them back in the hunt. I don't see him leaving OKC, but until he signs a contract, everyone whose team has cap space and/or tradeable assets can dream.

The Lakers off-season is going to be interesting. They'll have cap space to sign a couple of max guys and a coach that it seems players will want to play for, so they could get back into the hunt pretty quickly.

Realistically though, I don't see any of the top FA's leaving their teams this off-season, but who knows?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland won the Finals and rightfully so, they played better then GS, but going into next season you need to ask yourself. Do you think you can go another season, especially playoffs with a healthy Irving and Love? I feel Cleveland got lucky this year that neither those 2 got injured. I feel that was more a fluke then anything. They may not be as bad as Rose but I feel those 2 are injury prone.

Kyrie starting his season in December I think helped a lot. kid's NEVER gone through a season un-injured in his life...

Reactions: LAD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you image what would have happened if Durant was taking all those shots that Barnes missed?

This is looking like a real possibility, isn't it?

But he wasn't and most likely won't. The Cavs left Barnes open for a reason. They would play KD close of course, but if this were to happen you have to cover Curry and KD tight plus Klay who might be the biggest threat.

If the Warriors want to put a Dream Team together, go ahead. If they don't win every year then it will be a failure and we saw how they failed this year. With that being said the team will be stacked if they get KD.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie, very good point. I'm hoping that he's doing the right thing in terms of getting himself healthy. It seems like maybe having Lebron there to help him manage his injuries correctly helped this season. However, he's definitely a wild card in this department.

Love, he's not injury prone. He's had really two major injuries where he missed major time, and both were flukes. I say that because neither has ever flared back up and caused him to miss more time. In his last 3 seasons, he's played 77, 75, and 77 games in the regular season, which compared to most PFs in the game, is very good. He hasn't had any knee or hand issues (which were from his Minnesota days), and his shoulder has been fine since last year's freak injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.