• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're blind, Miami used Bosh differently than Cleveland use Love. Love has basically turned into a one dimensional spot up shooter in Cleveland. Bosh wasn't used that way in Miami. End of the story

The first couple years, you are right but it eventually got to the point where most of the time Bosh was a mid-range to 3 point shooter and I saw Heat fans at times getting frustrated. It is almost the same thing, but happening sooner for Love. Love is a better 3 point shooter so a little different but no as different as you think

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie starting his season in December I think helped a lot. kid's NEVER gone through a season un-injured in his life...

Hey...stop making shit up! From 6th grade through 8th grade Irving didn't miss a damn game!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie starting his season in December I think helped a lot. kid's NEVER gone through a season un-injured in his life...
Hate agreeing with you, but you're probably right. He'll never play an 82 game slate. Surprisingly enough, though, this season was the most games he's missed in 3 years (played 71 games in 13-14, and 75 in 14-15).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you image what would have happened if Durant was taking all those shots that Barnes missed?

This is looking like a real possibility, isn't it?

Golden State may run rough shot on the West if Durant adapts to Golden State's system after signing with them. That Big 4 would be a bit ridiculous. However, Curry would need to learn to be more of a PG and stop with the ridiculous shot making.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may actually be right. Him starting the season in December really helped but he got off to a very cold start and didn't really start playing well until the playoffs, just at the right time.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bringing up their avgs is dumb. Whoever said Bosh avg much more than Love? It is irrelevant to the conversation.

Exactly. Using the excuse that Love had matchups against Golden St. is a moot point. Considering that a good chunk of Bosh's playoff averages come against the Spurs when he had Tim Duncan matched up against him quite often.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Wiggins for Love and signing TT have been hotly debated.

No matter what happens from here on out, there is a parade getting ready to go down right now in Cleveland.... they were both worth it!!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is NO WAY Durant goes to Golden State. ZERO %. He would be moving to a team where he will be playing second or even third fiddle to Curry and Klay, Durant doesnt like doing that with Westbrook. He wants a team where he is the main guy and had some good players around him but follow him. Not where he has to follow them. Personally, the only two options i see for him are staying in OKC and possibly requesting (behind closed doors) the team trade away Westbrook for 2-3 really good players that can get them over the hump. Or him going to Washington where he will be the main guy and he would have a solid team behind him, starting with Wall.

Westbrook is better then Wall, but Westbrook takes alot of the spotlight off Durant.

Not to mention the league would Veto him going to GS in a heartbeat. Cuban, Gilbert, Lebron would be on the phone with Silver crying right away.

You don't know that for sure. Durant's the 2nd best player in the league right now and a deadly accurate shooter. He'd have to adjust to the Warriors system and wouldn't get the same volume of shots that he's getting now. But to say that the system wouldn't allow to take the same, if not more shots than Klay and Steph is inaccurate.

I doubt he signs with the Dubs, but I'm not ruling it out completely.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the roster does need to change up for Cleveland, mainly with some role players and depth though. The core looks fine to me, but I have said it if they can get a good package for Love why not pull the strings.

I really like Avery Bradley and if they can get another player and/or late 1st round pick I would pull the trigger. With that being said I think Love is just fine in Cleveland. GS was just a horrible matchup for him and it was his first Finals.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue just now on Mike & Mike:

"Kevin love will be here next year. Without him we wouldn't be where we are and he's a big part of what we're trying to do moving forward."

That's political/coach speak. He has no control over the roster. If the Cavs GM and Lebron feel they could get good value for Love, they'll trade him for more pieces.

There's a lot of things that had to fall in place for the Cavs to win. Depth is still a major issue for the Cavs. You don't think Lebron would like to have a rotation that could go a solid 9-10 deep in the playoffs?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first couple years, you are right but it eventually got to the point where most of the time Bosh was a mid-range to 3 point shooter and I saw Heat fans at times getting frustrated. It is almost the same thing, but happening sooner for Love. Love is a better 3 point shooter so a little different but no as different as you think

The difference is that Bosh found ways to consistently contribute. Love hasn't. If nothing else, Bosh contributed defensively which Love doesn't do. Because of this, for Love to contribute, Kyrie and Lebron have to change the way they play which hurts the Cavs overall on offense.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State may run rough shot on the West if Durant adapts to Golden State's system after signing with them. That Big 4 would be a bit ridiculous. However, Curry would need to learn to be more of a PG and stop with the ridiculous shot making.
Which, to be fair, takes away his biggest value. If not for his ridiculous 3-pt shooting, he would not even be sniffing an MVP.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which, to be fair, takes away his biggest value. If not for his ridiculous 3-pt shooting, he would not even be sniffing an MVP.

Fair enough. Curry can still shoot 3's. But taking the 30-ft. 3-pointers needs to stop. I also find Curry having the ability to be a distributing PG like a CP3 (as well as playing solid man-to-man defense) would be a far more valuable trait if they were to somehow get Durant.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's political/coach speak. He has no control over the roster. If the Cavs GM and Lebron feel they could get good value for Love, they'll trade him for more pieces.

There's a lot of things that had to fall in place for the Cavs to win. Depth is still a major issue for the Cavs. You don't think Lebron would like to have a rotation that could go a solid 9-10 deep in the playoffs?

I doubt he would've made that emphatic of a statement without reasonable belief that that is the direction the FO will take.

Of course it doesn't guarantee anything... but I think it is telling.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he would've made that emphatic of a statement without reasonable belief that that is the direction the FO will take.

Of course it doesn't guarantee anything... but I think it is telling.

It shuts down the rumors for now. What's he going to say? "David Griffin is looking at trades right now for Love."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that Bosh found ways to consistently contribute. Love hasn't. If nothing else, Bosh contributed defensively which Love doesn't do. Because of this, for Love to contribute, Kyrie and Lebron have to change the way they play which hurts the Cavs overall on offense.

Yeah that is the big key.

I think anyone can agree with defensively Bosh helped out more by far and Love is very hot and cold. Bosh was also hot and cold just not as drastic. I think Love is better rebounder especially when he is down low more. I think everyone looks at that last series, the Finals, and puts too much on him. That was his first Finals and a horrible matchup for him, that's why you saw him get less minutes. In the other series before the Finals he was still hot and cold but much better. With all that being said if they find a good deal to move him it might be better but they still need a big that can shoot the 3 that plays quality minutes. Frye can fill that role just doesn't get starter minutes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just came back from the canyons at Lake Powell where we had no TV or internet and was very surprised and disappointed to find out that the Dubs had blown this series. I guess I'm not too shocked though, they never seemed quite right in this post season. If I'm not mistaken, they lost as many games this post season as they did the entire regular season.

Not sure how they lost this up 3 to 1 but I suspect Curry probably pulled another disappearing act and Thompson as well. Can't bring myself to turn on the news to find out because I can't stomach seeing the pandering and worship to James. It will be interesting to see how the team reacts, or over-reacts, to this collapse during the free agency period.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry can still shoot 3's. But taking the 30-ft. 3-pointers needs to stop.

Those were fine in the games where he was rolling and the 3's were falling like layups (which happened a lot), but I thought he tried too many of those in the playoffs and finals when his 3 wasn't falling. It was like he was trying to force them rather than just shooting them in the flow of the game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Curry can still shoot 3's. But taking the 30-ft. 3-pointers needs to stop. I also find Curry having the ability to be a distributing PG like a CP3 (as well as playing solid man-to-man defense) would be a far more valuable trait if they were to somehow get Durant.
Oh I agree, it would be significantly more valuable. I also find Tristen Thompson having the offensive prowess of Karl Malone would be more valuable, but I doubt it happens.

Curry is a sniper playing PG, but he's not even half the facilitator CP3 is (3.7 APG in the finals??), and I strongly doubt he could be. We know what GS is with Curry playing his style - one of the best teams in the league, and obviously championship-caliber. Adding a player like Durant, in a perfect world, would make them unbeatable. However, you have to adjust for shots. It would take Curry's effectiveness down when he doesn't have the volume, and it wouldn't be using KD to his potential when you have a backcourt like GS that loves playing bombs away. I just don't see it being a great fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.