• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said before the game yesterday that I wasn't sure if Love being out hurts the Cavs, or HELPS them...

now we know...

Further proof that Love being out all of the playoffs didn't really hurt the Cavs.

If Bosh was out for the Heat when we had our title runs, we wouldn't have gotten out of the ECF.

Bosh > Love

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bosh was out for the Heat when we had our title runs, we wouldn't have gotten out of the ECF.

Bosh did miss most of the 2012 ECF against Boston.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really believe yesterday proves that?

Yes. I really do. Love is a complete liability on defense. Last night was further proof as Richardson could at least play defense better than Love. Although I am surprised with the outcome as I thought starting Richardson and going small was going to kill the Cavs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh did miss most of the 2012 ECF against Boston.

He did. He didn't come back until game 5 and played very little that game. Boston constantly went to KG in the paint because no one outside of Bosh had the length to really contest his shots. Once Bosh came back and played meaningful minutes, the series was wrapped up for Miami....that and Lebron going nuclear in game 6.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought it was funny you guys had a lengthy discussion about LeBron's decline at the start of the 3rd... then when LeBron threw down one of the most athletic Alley-oop finishes I've ever seen like 10 minutes later... it was crickets.

Not one mention of it.

It was pretty filthy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I really do. Love is a complete liability on defense. Last night was further proof as Richardson could at least play defense better than Love. Although I am surprised with the outcome as I thought starting Richardson and going small was going to kill the Cavs.

A) Not fair to extend the way Love matches up with the Warriors to rest of the playoffs. Love has been very good against other opponents in the Playoffs. He was a big part of their run through the East this year.

B) People continue to ignore the depth issues that come from losing a 30mpg guy.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Not fair to extend the way Love matches up with the Warriors to rest of the playoffs. Love has been very good against other opponents in the Playoffs. He was a big part of their run through the East this year.

B) People continue to ignore the depth issues that come from losing a 30mpg guy.

A) It comes back to the fact that the first 3 rounds you've played perennial cupcakes. For the money Love is making, you should be getting more quality. If the Dubs win this series, I'm trading Love for quality players if I'm the Cavs. Frye actually plays the stretch 4 position better than Love does in this offense.

B) Depth will be a factor going forward whether you have/had Love or not. Warriors are able to throw a quality 10-12 players at you. No other team can do that.

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the money Love is making, you should be getting more quality.

Better than 18 points, 10 boards, & 3 made 3PT at a 45% clip?? That is what he is averaging these playoffs.

You can count the guys that could average those numbers in 16 playoff games on one hand.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is right on. Love is a liability against the Warriors, not necessarily The rest of the league. This fact alone may cause the Cavs to trade Love during the off season, but it is silly to suggest that the Cavs are better without him overall.

If Love sits again and Kerr goes small, you will see things shift again back in the Warriors favor. If Kerr stays big, however, then advantage Cleveland.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than 18 points, 10 boards, & 3 made 3PT at a 45% clip?? That is what he is averaging these playoffs.

You can count the guys that could average those numbers in 16 playoff games on one hand.

The sample size is rather small. But I'd like to see what his numbers are from this series. Those numbers are again, against cupcakes.

Also, his defensive efficiency is beyond terrible. Unfortunately, I can't grab statistics on that one.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph Curry, IMO, needs to stop getting a pass for his efforts in this series. He's healthy enough to be out there, so there's really no excuse right now. I don't really believe in all that "legacy" talk, but for the sake of the team and it's championship aspirations he HAS to play better.

As I've said all season, the Warriors are a sum of their parts. They don't function as well if all parts are not clicking and they certainly are not with the MVP of the league playing well below par. I'm not simply over-reacting to game 3, just stating the obvious. The Warriors will need better play out of Curry.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the time to give Steph Bulletin Board Material. Considering it is coming for JR, not surprised in the least bit.

JR Smith said he would've voted for "a guy like Russ" if he had an MVP vote, calling Westbrook a complete package. He also said Curry would "for sure" be in his top five.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the time to give Steph Bulletin Board Material. Considering it is coming for JR, not surprised in the least bit.

JR Smith said he would've voted for "a guy like Russ" if he had an MVP vote, calling Westbrook a complete package. He also said Curry would "for sure" be in his top five.

When I see a quote with two 2-4 word chunks in quotes and the rest paraphrased I realize that I need to see the actual interview with context to know what was actually said.

ESPN reporter Matt Walks is clearly trying hard to spin this "quote" a certain way. Even the way he's spun it... this isn't anywhere near bulletin board material.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jefferson

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I see a quote with two 2-4 word chunks in quotes and the rest paraphrased I realize that I need to see the actual interview with context to know what was actually said.

ESPN reporter Matt Walks is clearly trying hard to spin this "quote" a certain way. Even the way he's spun it... this isn't anywhere near bulletin board material.

You're right, but I'm not convinced that Steph Curry has the cognitive abilities that you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.