• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying that being in the title hunt means something?? There is merit to success outside of championships??

Did I hear that right. You guys have been ramming the exact opposite message down this forums throat all season long.

Well, when you've won multiple titles like the Spurs have and are constantly in the title mix, then yes. But you came across as someone who has diminished the Spurs' success. When in actuality, there hasn't been an organization that has replicated their success in the last twenty years (maybe the Lakers if it weren't for their current down years).

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cleveland put together a good team with pieces that fit but they are on a cold streak at the worst time. Lets see what happens in Cleveland but the moves they made (other than $16 mil to TT) have made sense. LOL

When did I ever say they have a good bench. I said the Warriors have great depth. That has been the problem one most of Lebron teams back in Miami was the bench. The bench has always been in question but I like how when guys struggle the team they put together just isn't a good match lol. Everyone is struggling, plain and simple, you add in that guys are having career games in the playoffs for GS and it will be a short series and a struggle. It's funny we didn't hear a word when J.R. was hitting shots, this was expected it just came at the worst time. I do see a lineup change coming though. GS is an all-time great team and they are lucky to have basically starters as backups, not every team has that luxury.

So when you said Cleveland put together a good team with pieces that fit.. you were solely talking about the 5 starters? If so, fine. But I took that top statement of putting together a good "team" to include the bench. I don't really think Cleveland has put together a good team. Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are suspect on defense. We as basketball fans tend to fall in love with guys because they can score, but half of the game those two are mostly liabilities. 40% of your starters are bad on D. Your bench is terrible. You get to the finals because of LeBron and how weak the East is. Quite frankly, I am jealous, I wish my Heat were still playing. But this Cleveland team isn't very good when you look across the court and see what the Warriors are bringing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep a decade is such a random number.

I could make it 9 years and say LeBron has won more. That work for you??

Okay fine. Wade has won the same amount as well. Bosh as well. Kobe's tied him as has Gasol. Curry's about to tie him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when you've won multiple titles and are constantly in the title mix, then yes.

Ok.

Well then, I look forward to you singing the praises of LeBrons success, win or lose.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This talk of "warriors are better than the show time lakers" crap is so dumb. We barely got past the thunder and are lucky to be in the finals to be honest

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon has finally snapped, he insists that losing in the Finals is worthy of praise.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fine. Wade has won the same amount as well. Bosh as well. Kobe's tied him as has Gasol. Curry's about to tie him.
Yep. If the warriors win the series.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This talk of "warriors are better than the show time lakers" crap is so dumb. We barely got past the thunder and are lucky to be in the finals to be honest

As long as they are better then the Cavs is my only concern.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope Heatles said that, I've never made that claim.

Ok, you're officially starting to cross into Wiggy territory. You knock the Spurs because they don't win the title every year. As an organization, they're essentially the franchise that every other team is trying to replicate in terms of success. So what they've had a couple of years that they didn't win. When you've won 5 titles in the last twenty years, not many organizations can talk shit to you.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Cavs had won the first 2 games by 50 points.... There is no way in hell I would post an image of Cavs players holding the 2016 trophy 2 games into the series.

Bad ju ju.
Well that's understandable since they've never won...GS on the other hand are the defending Champs so it is an honest depiction. :D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basically saying that if you replace a guy that's maybe ranked 9th-10th in the Top 10 players of all time with the BEST player of all time, the team automatically gets better.

Just like Shaq wouldn't have won without Kobe, Kobe wouldn't have won without Gasol, Lebron wouldn't have won without Wade and Bosh etc etc. We all know this

It's not. Jordan is the better overall player and has more personal awards too. Plus 6-0 is only just slightly better than what will be 2-5

I agree Jordan is better. You are being very short sighted and providing zero analysis. You ignore the fact that LeBron can play 1-4 and his versatility is much needed by the Cavs. Jordan was a 2. The Cavs would not be able to play him at the 4 or the 1. Jordan's teams were built around his talents and LeBron's team needs more than an elite scorer/defender from the SG position.

Also, I am saying is that you can't use Finals records as the comparison because their situations were far different. You have provided nothing to counter that. If LeBron played in the 90s with the Bulls rosters, he might have just as many rings.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they are better then the Cavs is my only concern.

I love when people talk about it in absolutes though.

The reality is that we have no idea what would happen if the showtime Lakers played the Warriors and we never will. All we can sure for sure is what teams were able to accomplish in their own eras. Everything else is nothing more than a guess.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Jordan is better. You are being very short sighted and providing zero analysis. You ignore the fact that LeBron can play 1-4 and his versatility is much needed by the Cavs. Jordan was a 2. The Cavs would not be able to play him at the 4 or the 1. Jordan's teams were built around his talents and LeBron's team needs more than an elite scorer/defender from the SG position.

Also, I am saying is that you can't use Finals records as the comparison because their situations were far different. You have provided nothing to counter that. If LeBron played in the 90s with the Bulls rosters, he might have just as many rings.
I'm not sure what the point is in this debate however I want to comment in reference to the bolded sentence.

Kobe & Duncan both started their careers in the MJ era and have each played through the last season...and have managed to win more titles than LBJ. Just sayin....

Status
Not open for further replies.