• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's any consolation, the Raptors looked just as overmatched in their first 2 games against the Cavs. But, they managed to get a couple of games at home to make the series respectable.

Here's hoping the same happens here.

:thumb:
too funny.jpg

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thirst is real....

roni-rose-steph-curry.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehm.... what?!?!?!?

You're kidding, right?

No I am not. It is about fit. The complementary pieces fit LeBron (not so much Love and Irving). Just because Jordan is the better player does not mean that the Cavs would be a better team with Jordan than they would with LeBron. But then again, I guess I should not expect anybody to get past their deity like worship of Jordan to actually think about this concept.

Does anybody actually think Jordan would have been able to beat the 2016 Warriors with The Cavs roster? If so, then LOL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I am not. It is about fit. The complementary pieces fit LeBron (not so much Love and Irving). Just because Jordan is the better player does not mean that the Cavs would be a better team with Jordan than they would with LeBron. But then again, I guess I should not expect anybody to get past their deity like worship of Jordan to actually think about this concept.

Does anybody actually think Jordan would have been able to beat the 2016 Warriors with The Cavs roster? If so, then LOL.

You actually think that if you replaced lebron with the BEST BASKETBALL PLAYER EVER - in his prime no less, the cavs would get worse?

You're either a 16 year old who's never seen Jordan play or you're completely deluded.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Bulls front office is just as bad. They don't know when to make a big move or they do nothing. Also when they don't land their #1 or #2 option they go and get a player that makes no sense(Carlos boozer).

Right now and for the last 2 years we needed a Starting SG or SF. Butler can play either. We haven't found that player to play along side Butler and Rose. Now we lose Pau and Noah we will need help again in the front court.

Team is just a mess.
Yup, and I don't see that changing until Rose is off the books.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then that's on James.
He handpicked them.
James/Cavs attempted to bring the formula that won in Miami to Cleveland.
Difference being, Wade/Bosh could defend.
Heat had some role players/ 3 point assassins get hot.
Cavs have gotten what, from whom, in now 8 Finals games?

You have to stop saying that LeBron handpicked his teammates. That is total BS.

Yes, LeBron had some say in Cavs personnel, but he is also limited in what they are able to do. The main cogs are Kyrie and Love. Kyrie was not chosen by LeBron and most people believed Love would help win now more than Wiggins would have. It is easy to say the trade was bad for Cleveland in hindsight, but when you have LeBron, you have to play for today and that is what they were doing when they acquired Love.

LeBron chose to return home to Cleveland. But if anybody thinks that a roster hand picked by LeBron would start with Kyrie and Love, you are out of your minds. There are many players he would rather team up with and there were at least a half dozen teams in better position to win than the Cavs were (including Miami) when he chose to return.

Yet you people want to forget the reasons just because Cleveland has gotten close 2 straight years.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,868.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm, proud of each and every one of you on this march to 10k in comments.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually think that if you replaced lebron with the BEST BASKETBALL PLAYER EVER - in his prime no less, the cavs would get worse?

You're either a 16 year old who's never seen Jordan play or you're completely deluded.

No. I am saying they wouldn't be better.

By the way, I am 37 and I watched just about every game Jordan played from '92 on. I was a huge Jordan fan. I am just also not naive enough that I would fail to consider fit.

LeBron is a better facilitator, Smith, Irving and Jordan would make a really small 1,2,3 and Love and Kyrie would wilt under Jordan's scrutiny.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those two don't seem that fragile to me. They probably step up to the challenge and benefit from Jordan's outside shooting and draw of double teams.

There is no chance this Cavs team would be worse with MJ.

Maybe not, but they would not be significantly better either.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to stop saying that LeBron handpicked his teammates. That is total BS.

Yes, LeBron had some say in Cavs personnel, but he is also limited in what they are able to do. The main cogs are Kyrie and Love. Kyrie was not chosen by LeBron and most people believed Love would help win now more than Wiggins would have. It is easy to say the trade was bad for Cleveland in hindsight, but when you have LeBron, you have to play for today and that is what they were doing when they acquired Love.

LeBron chose to return home to Cleveland. But if anybody thinks that a roster hand picked by LeBron would start with Kyrie and Love, you are out of your minds. There are many players he would rather team up with and there were at least a half dozen teams in better position to win than the Cavs were (including Miami) when he chose to return.

Yet you people want to forget the reasons just because Cleveland has gotten close 2 straight years.

We all knew Kyrie was already on the Cavs roster. But the point being is that Lebron chose to come back and play with Kyrie as he thought that Kyrie would get the same production as Wade. Offensively he has (until this series), but defensively he's always been bad. Same could be said of Love. And for the record, I called it from day 1 that Love was a shit defender when we got into discussion on which big 3 would be better. I knew they would've been better off with Wiggins as he's more versatile and the better defender than Love. Hell, you could say he even has a higher ceiling than Love.

So yes, this is why people (not just us on this forum) say Lebron picked this roster. Because just about every decision is ran by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.