• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably the only poster, outside his fan base, that publicly admits to liking him.

He unequivocally deserves it.

You can't talk that much trash and not expect a public lynching when all the shit you spout is proved false.

I think he's a little twat :thumb:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew J.R. is inconsistent but he flows with the team and Lebron, doesn't mean he isn't a good player lol.

Actually, it does. A player who is inconsistent, isn't a good player because he can't be counted on and you don't know what you're going to get from him. In short, he can't be depended on.

he played a good game 1. Game 2 wasn't great but he also got a blow to the head so I don't think it is fair. Kyrie is having a bad series and it doesn't help with basically everyone else struggling, they can't even make wide-open layups at least but anyway...

Apparently, you have a very different definition of a "good game" than I do. 17 points on 17 shots and a -9 on +/- isn't a good game. The 13 rebounds is nice, but isn't that why they paid TT $16 million?

Yes, they are built to beat the Spurs and OKC first...the Warriors have always been a bad matchup but I think if the lineup get changed they will have a better shot. It just doesn't bode well for them bc if they sub Mozgov in he hasn't played much. I think they need some starters off the bench to play with GS's 2nd unit and if they don't make some changes like this they will get swept.

I just don't see any changes that the Cavs can make. The reason OKC was able to do what they did when they went big vs. the Warriors is because they have fairly athletic bigs and could still switch on defense. The Cavs don't have that. In game 2, we saw the Cavs leave some starters in vs. the Warriors bench and it didn't help.

btw...I expected the Warriors to be contenders this year,

Everyone expected the Warriors to be contenders this year...they are the defending champs. Their run started last year and no one saw it coming...including the Warriors. The Cavs were built to beat the Spurs and OKC before last season when no one saw the Warriors coming. By the time everyone realized how good the Warriors are, it was too late to change the roster to match them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT is a good player but geez. They could have gotten more depth if you cut that contract in half.

I don't see how. They didn't have the cap space. The only reason they were able to sign him to the contract they did was because they had his Bird rights.

While I don't think he's worth the money he's getting paid, the Cavs really had no other option. It was either give TT that money or let him walk and sign some 35 year old who has little to nothing left, to a vet minimum.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs were built to beat the Spurs and OKC before last season when no one saw the Warriors coming. By the time everyone realized how good the Warriors are, it was too late to change the roster to match them.

Which is why, as long as the Warriors are around, the cavs won't win a title.

And can't improve because they're waaaaaaay over the cap

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it doesn't help when you miss easy or open shots too. They were hitting everything in the first couple rounds, even well contested shots. If they can't make shots, you aren't beating the Warriors in any games.

That's because they faced very little defensive resistance for most of the Eastern Conference playoffs. They were facing teams who had to choose between getting chopped up inside or defend against the 3. None of the teams they faced could switch everything defensively and cover from the 3 point line to the rim like the Warriors can. The result was, they were able to get into a good flow offensively, so even contested shots were falling.

Because of the way the Warriors can defend them, the Cavs can't get into a good offensive flow, which is why they are missing open shots.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Tom Thibodeau on my mind to sort out their defense. He was still available at the time but probably wouldn't have fallen for the 'do whatever lebron says' crap.
I agree, I said that before. i was actually nervous when the Bulls let him go. I thought he was going to go there. They have offense they just need help on D.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure they'd beat the Spurs, Thunder or maybe even the Clips in a 7 game series at this point.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I wasn't saying Lue is stupid or anything. Just not sure if he's the right HC for the Cavs.
No not saying you said that. I was just saying the one thing about lue is he isnt stupid. He seems like he can have a future as a HC. The 1 problem his 1st gig was to coach the Coach killer(LBJ).

LBJ had a chance to be GOAT i always said he needed a real HC. He needed a Phil Jackson type coach to help him get to that next level.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 positive for everyone in the League GS is going to lose some Key pieces the next 2 years. Cant keep everyone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 positive for everyone in the League GS is going to lose some Key pieces the next 2 years. Cant keep everyone.

The core will stay though. As long as they have Curry, Klay and Green they'll pretty much be contenders year after year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because they faced very little defensive resistance for most of the Eastern Conference playoffs. They were facing teams who had to choose between getting chopped up inside or defend against the 3. None of the teams they faced could switch everything defensively and cover from the 3 point line to the rim like the Warriors can. The result was, they were able to get into a good flow offensively, so even contested shots were falling.

Because of the way the Warriors can defend them, the Cavs can't get into a good offensive flow, which is why they are missing open shots.
Exactly and playing teams that cant score. In this case they are playing a good Defensive team especially 3pt defense and a top offensive team. Not a good mix for the Cavs. Especially when you have 3 starters that play 0 Defense(Love, Irving and JR).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The core will stay though. As long as they have Curry, Klay and Green they'll pretty much be contenders year after year.
Yes Contenders but not this super team. They will lose Key bench players and might Lose Barnes. Iggy is a FA after next year. Bogut is getting up there in age.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure they'd beat the Spurs, Thunder or maybe even the Clips in a 7 game series at this point.
I give them a shot against OKC because LBJ does have KD number. OKC is the better team but for some reason OKC and KD struggle against LBJ.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Contenders but not this super team. They will lose Key bench players and might Lose Barnes. Iggy is a FA after next year. Bogut is getting up there in age.

No super team lasts forever. But as they get older and lose pieces, so do the cavs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs are smart (well they got Gilbert so I'm not sure) they gotta figure out a way to get a solid replacement for Love. Maybe they could work a 3 team trade w/ Atlanta for Horford & send Love to Houston since their new HC has never heard of the word defense, KL would fit right in! :D

Although that nonsense ain't gonna happen.

Love will be making almost $22m next year. While that still isn't too bad for a player his caliber, he isn't the star he was in Minnesota. That might put potential suitors off.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love will be making almost $22m next year. While that still isn't too bad for a player his caliber, he isn't the star he was in Minnesota. That might put potential suitors off.

Dammit, ya quoted me before I could delete that comment. I think in the right system Love could be like he was in Minnesota. But w/ LeBron & Irving as teammates he's got no chance to be the teams # 1 offensive option like he was w/ the Twolves.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Bulls front office is just as bad. They don't know when to make a big move or they do nothing. Also when they don't land their #1 or #2 option they go and get a player that makes no sense(Carlos boozer).

Right now and for the last 2 years we needed a Starting SG or SF. Butler can play either. We haven't found that player to play along side Butler and Rose. Now we lose Pau and Noah we will need help again in the front court.

Team is just a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.