• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually what made it funny was that he ALSO said "once they get it down it's gonna be "EASY" and he said he really believed that...

now i'll give him cred for getting back to the finals this many times, but i'm guessing at THIS point he ain't talkin' any shit about a damn thing being "easy". and i'm guessing he'd have zipped his lip on spouting that if he could've looked into the future...

It really is amazing that he's made the Finals the last 6 years in a row. The Cavs are simply outmatched & out coached in this series. Before it started I really thought it was gonna go 6 or 7. Now I'll just be surprised if they don't get swept.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is amazing that he's made the Finals the last 6 years in a row. The Cavs are simply outmatched & out coached in this series. Before it started I really thought it was gonna go 6 or 7. Now I'll just be surprised if they don't get swept.
I think they'll take one at home, but that will probably be it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that triangle better be a pyramid...:heh:

I just thought that article I ran across was funny. Yeah tweaks to the triangle will really help the Knicks. Hell their previous 2 HC's that PJ hand picked supposedly knew the triangle offense & the Knicks were still lousy. And since their new HC doesn't even run the triangle it'll be interesting to see what they'll look like next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll take one at home, but that will probably be it.

They better figure something out. Because whatever Lue is trying to do ain't working.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Perkins that said he loved playing with LeBron cause if you have a bad game it will be all LeBrons fault.

No one wants to call out other guys for having bad games... it's all LeBron s fault for choosing to be their teammates in the first place.

I have never seen more weight put on 2 games in my life. Maybe there's good reason for that but we shall see.
What did the Cavs do in those games that can be focused on as something to build on? So much is being made of these games because the Cavs were completely undressed and embarrassed.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought that article I ran across was funny. Yeah tweaks to the triangle will really help the Knicks. Hell their previous 2 HC's that PJ hand picked supposedly knew the triangle offense & the Knicks were still lousy. And since their new HC doesn't even run the triangle it'll be interesting to see what they'll look like next year.

imo Carmelo simply needs to go. dude's nothing but a stat stuffer. now Porzingis? well, hate to admit it, but I was DEAD wrong the day they drafted this guy. I was one of those who laughed the loudest AND the longest. THAT came back and bit me on the ass...:L:dhd:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo Carmelo simply needs to go. dude's nothing but a stat stuffer. now Porzingis? well, hate to admit it, but I was DEAD wrong the day they drafted this guy. I was one of those who laughed the loudest AND the longest. THAT came back and bit me on the ass...:L:dhd:

I agree that the Knicks should deal Melo. They aren't winning anything w/ him. And good call on Porzingis. I thought the Zen Mast had lost his mind mind drafting him. He proved everyone wrong his rookie year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did the Cavs do in those games that can be focused on as something to build on? So much is being made of these games because the Cavs were completely undressed and embarrassed.

kinda said the same the other day, but you're absolutely right. imo there really ISN'T any positive for the Cavs to build on at this point...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J.R. Smith really? You dog moves bc they got flat out beat in two games, what about before when J.R. was hot. J.R. is a good player but we all know his hot and cold streak. I don't get why fans do this. J.R. has been pretty good, he just hasn't produced in the Finals.

He hasn't produced on the biggest stage, with a championship on the line...but he's a good player? Wasn't he brought in because he was supposed to help win finals games?

Love has played a good Finals so far,

In game 1, he scored 17 points on 7-17 shooting...that's not very efficient. He had a -9 on +/-. He did grab 13 rebounds though.

In game 2, he had 5 points on 2-7 shooting (even less efficient) and only had 3 rebounds in 20 minutes.

This is considered a "good finals?"

I think Cleveland put together a good team with pieces that fit but they are on a cold streak at the worst time. Lets see what happens in Cleveland but the moves they made (other than $16 mil to TT) have made sense. LOL

I agree to a point. The Cavs have put together a good team. Even though the East is pretty weak right now, you still have to have a good team to get this far. The problem for the Cavs, as Cowherd pointed out yesterday, is that this team was built to beat the Spurs and OKC (I think most agreed during the Warriors/OKC series that the Cavs would rather see OKC than the Warriors). When this Cavs team was being put together, everyone thought it was going to be the Spurs or OKC coming out of the West for the next couple of years or so. No one saw the Warriors doing what they have done.

And if Wiggy ever shows up again, expect to have your Cavs fan card revoked for saying TT getting $16 million wasn't good move. :dhd:

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR Smith is inconsistent. That's who you bring off the bench. Inconsistency. I am not sure what you are really arguing here.. that Cleveland has a good bench? They don't. It's one of the worst in the league. You are saying they put together a good team? Dude, drop the homerism for like 2 seconds and realize this. It is 2016 and you have Richard Jefferson getting huge minutes in an attempt to stop the Warriors. Let that marinate.

When did I ever say they have a good bench. I said the Warriors have great depth. That has been the problem one most of Lebron teams back in Miami was the bench. The bench has always been in question but I like how when guys struggle the team they put together just isn't a good match lol. Everyone is struggling, plain and simple, you add in that guys are having career games in the playoffs for GS and it will be a short series and a struggle. It's funny we didn't hear a word when J.R. was hitting shots, this was expected it just came at the worst time. I do see a lineup change coming though. GS is an all-time great team and they are lucky to have basically starters as backups, not every team has that luxury.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I ever say they have a good bench. I said the Warriors have great depth. That has been the problem one most of Lebron teams back in Miami was the bench. The bench has always been in question but I like how when guys struggle the team they put together just isn't a good match lol. Everyone is struggling, plain and simple, you add in that guys are having career games in the playoffs for GS and it will be a short series and a struggle. It's funny we didn't hear a word when J.R. was hitting shots, this was expected it just came at the worst time. I do see a lineup change coming though. GS is an all-time great team and they are lucky to have basically starters as backups, not every team has that luxury.

I actually mentioned that the Cavs were capitalizing off porous defense and to not expect this from him in the Finals against an actual defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't produced on the biggest stage, with a championship on the line...but he's a good player? Wasn't he brought in because he was supposed to help win finals games?

In game 1, he scored 17 points on 7-17 shooting...that's not very efficient. He had a -9 on +/-. He did grab 13 rebounds though.

In game 2, he had 5 points on 2-7 shooting (even less efficient) and only had 3 rebounds in 20 minutes.

This is considered a "good finals?"

I agree to a point. The Cavs have put together a good team. Even though the East is pretty weak right now, you still have to have a good team to get this far. The problem for the Cavs, as Cowherd pointed out yesterday, is that this team was built to beat the Spurs and OKC (I think most agreed during the Warriors/OKC series that the Cavs would rather see OKC than the Warriors). When this Cavs team was being put together, everyone thought it was going to be the Spurs or OKC coming out of the West for the next couple of years or so. No one saw the Warriors doing what they have done.

And if Wiggy ever shows up again, expect to have your Cavs fan card revoked for saying TT getting $16 million wasn't good move. :dhd:

We all knew J.R. is inconsistent but he flows with the team and Lebron, doesn't mean he isn't a good player lol.

he played a good game 1. Game 2 wasn't great but he also got a blow to the head so I don't think it is fair. Kyrie is having a bad series and it doesn't help with basically everyone else struggling, they can't even make wide-open layups at least but anyway...

Yes, they are built to beat the Spurs and OKC first...the Warriors have always been a bad matchup but I think if the lineup get changed they will have a better shot. It just doesn't bode well for them bc if they sub Mozgov in he hasn't played much. I think they need some starters off the bench to play with GS's 2nd unit and if they don't make some changes like this they will get swept.

btw...I expected the Warriors to be contenders this year, with the favorite being the Spurs. I was surprised OKC played this well and was up 3-1 (still not sure how they blew it) but this was the Cavs worst matchup and I think it goes differently playing those 2 games. Regardless, the Cavs have been an average road team all season and the Warriors are a great home team. I would have liked to see more fight but guys need to start hitting shots and playing with an edge, plain and simple.

TT is a good player but geez. They could have gotten more depth if you cut that contract in half.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually mentioned that the Cavs were capitalizing off porous defense and to not expect this from him in the Finals against an actual defense.

Well it doesn't help when you miss easy or open shots too. They were hitting everything in the first couple rounds, even well contested shots. If they can't make shots, you aren't beating the Warriors in any games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it doesn't help when you miss easy or open shots too. They were hitting everything in the first couple rounds, even well contested shots. If they can't make shots, you aren't beating the Warriors in any games.

It's not at all the Cavs fault, but the lack of competition combined with all the time off hurt then IMO.
It's just much easier to perform when you know you can't lose.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like them to combine
I thought Lue was your hero. He was suppose to save the day.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not at all the Cavs fault, but the lack of competition combined with all the time off hurt then IMO.
It's just much easier to perform when you know you can't lose.
I been saying this about the Competition for awhile now and got killed for it. People wanted to believe that the East was better and at that level of the West but its not even close. The only team that had any chance to go 7 with the cavs or beat them were an Healthy Miami team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew J.R. is inconsistent but he flows with the team and Lebron, doesn't mean he isn't a good player lol.

he played a good game 1. Game 2 wasn't great but he also got a blow to the head so I don't think it is fair. Kyrie is having a bad series and it doesn't help with basically everyone else struggling, they can't even make wide-open layups at least but anyway...

Yes, they are built to beat the Spurs and OKC first...the Warriors have always been a bad matchup but I think if the lineup get changed they will have a better shot. It just doesn't bode well for them bc if they sub Mozgov in he hasn't played much. I think they need some starters off the bench to play with GS's 2nd unit and if they don't make some changes like this they will get swept.

btw...I expected the Warriors to be contenders this year, with the favorite being the Spurs. I was surprised OKC played this well and was up 3-1 (still not sure how they blew it) but this was the Cavs worst matchup and I think it goes differently playing those 2 games. Regardless, the Cavs have been an average road team all season and the Warriors are a great home team. I would have liked to see more fight but guys need to start hitting shots and playing with an edge, plain and simple.

TT is a good player but geez. They could have gotten more depth if you cut that contract in half.
Hey you never know, Bogut didnt play much until the Finals. U need someone to match up with Bogut because he is killing you.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Thompson and Curry arent doing much either. In no way GS 2nd unit should out perform Cavs 1st unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.