• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am not saying LeBron is better than Mike. Just pointing out that comparing team records does not get close to telling the entire story.

Then that's on James.
He handpicked them.
James/Cavs attempted to bring the formula that won in Miami to Cleveland.
Difference being, Wade/Bosh could defend.
Heat had some role players/ 3 point assassins get hot.
Cavs have gotten what, from whom, in now 8 Finals games?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else getting concerned about our Mens Olympic Basketball Team?

Dudes are dropping, and dropping out, like flies.

Does anyone really care that much about this anymore? I loved the original Dream Team & a few of the US Olympic teams after that. However - it has really been pretty boring after that. If the US fields a team with a lot of their superstars it is a given that they win the gold medal & most games will be blowouts.

If a ton of NBA players don't participate & they don't win the gold - big deal - everyone will know that it was only because the best players didn't participate. The US - by far - has the best players in the world. Sure - there are very good players from other countries but no way they can compete say with the likes of LaBron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook & a slew of rising young stars. It was different ages ago when players from other countries could not play in the NBA & the US fielded a bunch of college players. Personally - I could take or leave most of the Olympic events at this time.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?!? Everyone who hates him, admits they hate him.

ANOTHER good question, but this one's easy to answer. dude doesn't want anyone hating on LeClown. my suggestion? skip the posts that down the guy and move on...

SHOULDN'T be that hard...:think:

or he can maybe start his own "let's praise LeBron" thread and he and his fellow LeBron lovers can drool all over it...:dhd:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, while everyone wants to make this all about LeBron, if you trade LeBron for prime Jordan, this Cavs team is not any better. In fact, there is a chance they might even be worse. Kyrie and Love would not be able to handle Jordan's fury.

Ehm.... what?!?!?!?

You're kidding, right?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. You can Lump Bird in there too. All ultra competitive A-holes with rings to back it up. The only guy with a ton of rings that is extremely chill is Duncan, but even he isn't passive aggressive, just passive.

No doubt that Timmy is a bit of an outlier. Something tells me though, that in his own way, he's as competitive as those others. He's just quiet about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed your team winning is the best. But the fun of the sport counts (for me) too. I like watching players not on my team play well with style and fun too. What's great about the Warriors and being a fan is they are the best team out there AND the most fun to watch, the most entertaining brand of basketball. FOr years people were complaining no one played defense, no one passed the ball, etc. The Ws do it all and you can tell they love being teammates.

No doubt the Warriors are the most fun team to watch. They are the closest I've seen to the Showtime Lakers since the Showtime Lakers. I love how, in the past couple of games when he hasn't played his best, Steph is the first off the bench congratulating his teammates for playing well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really a positive thing. Those Laker and Bulls teams did not win until teammates learned how to handle MJ and Kobe. In the end, the Bulls got there because:

A) MJ toned things down a bit
B) teammates developed thicker skin

While I would prefer the driven asshole to the passive aggressive star, neither makes for a perfect teammate. If you want to see what that looks like, go to San Antonio and watch Tim Duncan. He is driven and demands excellence from teammates, but he does it in more positive ways. One of the reasons I like Steph Curry so much is because I think he is similar to Duncan in this regard.

The 11 combined rings that MJ and Kobe got by being who they are respectfully disagree. Also, I don't know where you get this "MJ toned it down" from. According to his former teammates, he was always the same. Most say he still is.

According to Kerr, that 72-10 Bulls team did what they did because MJ demanded it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, while everyone wants to make this all about LeBron, if you trade LeBron for prime Jordan, this Cavs team is not any better. In fact, there is a chance they might even be worse. Kyrie and Love would not be able to handle Jordan's fury.

It's all about Lebron because Lebron makes it all about Lebron. This Cavs team may not be better because Kyrie and Love are pussies. But the Cavs would be better because, I assume, that just like the Bulls, they'd get him teammates who weren't pussies.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the Warriors are the most fun team to watch. They are the closest I've seen to the Showtime Lakers since the Showtime Lakers. I love how, in the past couple of games when he hasn't played his best, Steph is the first off the bench congratulating his teammates for playing well.

They are the very definition of "TEAM"....and that's a testament to their front office and coaching staff.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all realize you literally cannot stop talking about this Wiggy guy....

And? Wiggy has earned all of the bashing he gets and then some. You should probably just stfu about things you don't know about.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I posted what I thought about the series earlier but I was pretty busy yesterday. They pretty much have to win 2 games at home or the series is over.

At least the Indians are in first place

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are the very definition of "TEAM"....and that's a testament to their front office and coaching staff.

To me, that's the difference in the series. The Warriors don't always have great games from Steph or Klay because the rest of the team steps up.

It's pretty amazing that Steph was the league MVP the past 2 seasons, but the finals MVP last year was Iggy and this year, if the series ended today, it would be Draymond Green. The only chance the Cavs have is if Lebron steps it up to MVP level play and even then, it probably won't be enough.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I posted what I thought about the series earlier but I was pretty busy yesterday. They pretty much have to win 2 games at home or the series is over.

Yeah, I know you posted the other day. Just had to mess with you a little. :D

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that's the difference in the series. The Warriors don't always have great games from Steph or Klay because the rest of the team steps up.

It's pretty amazing that Steph was the league MVP the past 2 seasons, but the finals MVP last year was Iggy and this year, if the series ended today, it would be Draymond Green. The only chance the Cavs have is if Lebron steps it up to MVP level play and even then, it probably won't be enough.

:agree:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Wiggy is that he is the biggest bullshitter on these boards. He blindly follows anything the cavs organisation does without question and will give anyone shit (along with 5000 word essays) who dares disagree with his.

But when the going gets tough he's nowhere to be found. Even I have more balls than that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.