• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq Daddy is one of the worst posters on here. Now I remember when I used to put her in her place 2 years ago. Damn we got some shitty posters on this board

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am done here because you just don't get it.

LeBron played with elite talent in Miami and went 2-2. That is good, not great.

He has not had anywhere near the talent he had in Miami or that Kobe or MJ played with when they won titles during his time in Cleveland. Yet, everyone wants to say LeBron is garbage because he can't win in Cleveland.

That is my main point. If Jordan never played with teammates better than what LeBron has now, he would not be the GOAT because he would have 0 rings.
I don't think anyone thinks LBJ is garbage. But lets be honest. LBJ was on a team with THREE franchise players (including himself) in Miami. Kobe has NEVER had a BIG 3 in terms of caliber of players Miami had...MJ either. But had they teamed up with other franchise players do you think either MJ or Kobe would've only won 2 out of 4 tries?

The other point is that so many people claim this is the best team he's had in his career outside of the team in Miami. To now say that he doesn't have adequate help is kind of ridiculous. I think a better way to say it is there are teams better constructed in contrast to his Big 3 in Cleveland. And one of those better teams happens to be up 2-0 in this year's Finals against him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has a championship caliber team around him, I don't think that its a debate. Some even were calling this his GREATEST surrounding cast EVER. When they got to 10-0, and ultimately to the point where Lebron had reached his 6th straight Finals, people were all over Lebron(and this team) with praise. Moving to this series, it's not just as simple as saying, "well so, and so just isn't showing up" because they aren't just out there by themselves. THE WARRIORS are playing great defense, and that is the reason why some are struggling. Even Lebron while having a nice stat line last game, still had 19 points on 17 shots with 8 turnovers. The warriors have done a good job as he hasn't been effecient, so he isn't just completely off the hook here. Spare me with this, oh leave him alone because he doesn't have enough help excuse, first off because while knowing about their defensive inefficienies, so many people still used the "if he had love and kyrie" excuse last year, and secondly because, it's not about his help this time, it's about the fact that GS is just playing better at the moment. Also it doesn't help, that it seemed clear to some of us months ago that Cleveland would be screwed if they tried to out small ball the Warriors

Who called this group his best supporting cast ever? Wiggy?

C'mon man. They rolled through weak competition in the East. Basing that analysis on the extremely small 10 game sample size is foolish at best. I guess being in the Finals makes them championship caliber, but this roster is not anywhere near as good as Kobe's Laker teams or Jordan's Bulls.

I am not making excuses for LeBron. All I am saying is that everybody places far too much emphasis on titles when discussing individual greatness. I don't know how many times I have to say that. Criticize LeBron for turning the ball over or not hustling back, or being a bad leader. I am good with all that.

Just don't say that his legacy is diminished because of another Finals loss. The Cavs never had a prayer against GS and many of us were saying this in January. Now all of a sudden he is expected to win? The Warriors are better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone thinks LBJ is garbage. But lets be honest. LBJ was on a team with THREE franchise players (including himself) in Miami. Kobe has NEVER had a BIG 3 in terms of caliber of players Miami had...MJ either. But had they teamed up with other franchise players do you think either MJ or Kobe would've only won 2 out of 4 tries?

The other point is that so many people claim this is the best team he's had in his career outside of the team in Miami. To now say that he doesn't have adequate help is kind of ridiculous. I think a better way to say it is there are teams better constructed in contrast to his Big 3 in Cleveland. And one of those better teams happens to be up 2-0 in this year's Finals against him.

No. I think they would have won more.

Again though, people are using his failures in Cleveland to prove their point, when really they should be taking about Miami. There, LeBron had a true championship roster.

For this Cavs team, just getting to the Finals is a large accomplishment.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just a shitty poster. Always been and always will be

It's ok, you can always just put me on ignore again like you did a couple of years ago when I constantly had to correct the crap you used to post.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who called this group his best supporting cast ever? Wiggy?

C'mon man. They rolled through weak competition in the East. Basing that analysis on the extremely small 10 game sample size is foolish at best. I guess being in the Finals makes them championship caliber, but this roster is not anywhere near as good as Kobe's Laker teams or Jordan's Bulls.

I am not making excuses for LeBron. All I am saying is that everybody places far too much emphasis on titles when discussing individual greatness. I don't know how many times I have to say that. Criticize LeBron for turning the ball over or not hustling back, or being a bad leader. I am good with all that.

Just don't say that his legacy is diminished because of another Finals loss. The Cavs never had a prayer against GS and many of us were saying this in January. Now all of a sudden he is expected to win? The Warriors are better.

There's a lot of gray area. I honestly thought that if Lebron would've stayed in Miami, and finished out with 3-4 titles, he'd have a pretty f'ing solid resume that he could compare with other all-time greats. I mean hell, he is a great player. I don't like him for the passive aggressive B.S. as well as his power game that he likes to play all the time; but the guy is an elite generation-type talent.

I think rational people will see how Lebron reacts to this Finals series. If he ups and leaves again, I honestly don't see how he recovers. However, his play in these Finals have been subpar, which could be attributed to the fact that no one on his team has produced at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again though, people are using his failures in Cleveland to prove their point, when really they should be taking about Miami. There, LeBron had a true championship roster.

Let me revise his slightly.

Getting to the Finals was expected, so not really a huge accomplishment. THey just should not have been expected to win the ring because they are not as good as the Warriors. It would take everybody on the team playing near perfect basketball for that to happen.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree accept for the last sentence. I think they thought last year they were good enough to win it all until both Love & Kyrie went down in the post season.

This season has clearly been much of the same with an emphasis specifically on beating the Warriors. They even went as far as firing the coach early into the season and replacing him with a coach that could understand and incorporate the same offense the Warriors run.

Three problems with this. One, they don't have near the weapons on offense that GS does- making it impossible to beat them at their own game. Two, they don't defend like the Warriors do which makes it almost impossible to stop the offense they know well. Finally, look at how well GS's offense has worked against all of the teams in the EC. Running that same offense is the reason Cleveland appeared to be head & shoulders above the other teams in that conference. But they were never tested in terms of making adjustments when they're being defended well. Basically there was no plan B and they're paying the price now for not being prepared.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even in Miami, his last team there just wasn't as good as the Spurs team they faced. He should've beaten the Mavs, but all the other Finals appearances pretty much went as expected. Hopefully, he doesn't shock us and beat the Warriors this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree accept for the last sentence. I think they thought last year they were good enough to win it all until both Love & Kyrie went down in the post season.

This season has clearly been much of the same with an emphasis specifically on beating the Warriors. They even went as far as firing the coach early into the season and replacing him with a coach that could understand and incorporate the same offense the Warriors run.

Three problems with this. One, they don't have near the weapons on offense that GS does- making it impossible to beat them at their own game. Two, they don't defend like the Warriors do which makes it almost impossible to stop the offense they know well. Finally, look at how well GS's offense has worked against all of the teams in the EC. Running that same offense is the reason Cleveland appeared to be head & shoulders above the other teams in that conference. But they were never tested in terms of making adjustments when they're being defended well. Basically there was no plan B and they're paying the price now for not being prepared.

Yeah, I don't really agree with my last sentence either. LOL.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit....This just ooozzes with perpetual irony.

Wow. Just wow.

:rolleyes2:
I have had a run in or two with Shaqdaddy, but I don't think of her as a bad poster. Some people in here think way to much of their own opinion.

Reactions: LAD

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of gray area. I honestly thought that if Lebron would've stayed in Miami, and finished out with 3-4 titles, he'd have a pretty f'ing solid resume that he could compare with other all-time greats. I mean hell, he is a great player. I don't like him for the passive aggressive B.S. as well as his power game that he likes to play all the time; but the guy is an elite generation-type talent.

I think rational people will see how Lebron reacts to this Finals series. If he ups and leaves again, I honestly don't see how he recovers. However, his play in these Finals have been subpar, which could be attributed to the fact that no one on his team has produced at all.

I was very surprised that he went back to Cleveland after fans burned his jersey and Dan Gilbert called him Benedict Arnold. I feel that he should've stuck with Miami. I agree that if he leaves Cleveland again, his reputation will never recover.

The Warriors are doing a great job defending him. Unless he suddenly regains his jump shot, I don't see LeBron being able to dominate in this series.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you read any of my posts?

Of course he has had say. That does not mean he handpicked the team. Big difference. Kyrie was there and it was either keep Wiggins or trade him for Love. Once they had that core in place, they were more or less stuck aside from minor moves.
Personally I believe the Cav's made a huge tactical error. They should have kept Wiggins and developed him. Lebron would have had to wait a year or two before being a serious contender, but it doesn't look good for him now any way. At this point he would still be in the playoffs but would have Wiggins instead of Love and Wiggins would be a rising star about to shine with one of the best forwards in the NBA and instead he is stuck with shitty ass Love and the Cavs would have some money this summer to sign some one like Durant to play with Lebron.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had a run in or two with Shaqdaddy, but I don't think of her as a bad poster. Some people in here think way to much of their own opinion.

hell, some folks think I'M a shitty poster for all that goes because I don't spout a whole lotta statistical blah-blah...

in all honesty I've watched a WHOLE lot of basketball in my life, but as far as getting on a sports message board and trying to outsmart/out-ATTITUDE a total stranger is a complete waste of time...

so ya know what I say?:finger: yep, you got it...:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably the only poster, outside his fan base, that publicly admits to liking him.

He unequivocally deserves it.

You can't talk that much trash and not expect a public lynching when all the shit you spout is proved false.
I like Wiggy - I don't know why, but somehow he sounds like an adorable child that I would love to hug. I think people in here are a bit harsh on every one in here any way and at least he is consistent with his love for his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.