• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have had a run in or two with Shaqdaddy, but I don't think of her as a bad poster. Some people in here think way to much of their own opinion.

Like excuses....opinions are like assholes...everybody has one.

FTR..it's okay to have your own opinion.....but it's not okay to make up your own facts.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, some folks think I'M a shitty poster for all that goes because I don't spout a whole lotta statistical blah-blah...

in all honesty I've watched a WHOLE lot of basketball in my life, but as far as getting on a sports message board and trying to outsmart/out-ATTITUDE a total stranger is a complete waste of time...

so ya know what I say?:finger: yep, you got it...:lol:
Well most people have been wrong more then they were right. Remember a few years ago when some of them were saying Donald Sterling could not be forced out of the NBA? They fold like an old newspaper so fast it was funny as hell.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well most people have been wrong more then they were right. Remember a few years ago when some of them were saying Donald Sterling could not be forced out of the NBA? They fold like an old newspaper so fast it was funny as hell.

I remember that...

in all honesty i'm STILL not sure IF they should've gotten away with it, but the man was TOTALLY making the NBA look bad, so that was WHY it was done...

as far as all the other goings-on and such, CLEARLY that's open to debate...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still though, saying that LeBron handpicked the Cavs and Kyrie implies that he thought they gave him the BEST chance to win.

He did. That's why he went back. The team he had in Miami beat both OKC and the Spurs. But they got old. The Cavs are built to beat OKC and the Spurs.

It's ridiculously obvious that he wanted a younger version of the Heat team he had in Miami.

He saw Kyrie as a younger Wade, Tristan as a younger Haslem. He orchestrated the trade for Love because he saw Love as a younger Bosh. He wanted JR Smith because he saw him as a younger Ray Allen and he wanted Shump as a younger Chalmers for his defense.

It wasn't necessarily a bad idea. Had he gotten OKC or the Spurs, it may well have worked. Unfortunately for him, GSW decided to become historically good.

You and Wiggy are literally the only ones who think Lebron didn't put together this roster.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hell, some folks think I'M a shitty poster for all that goes because I don't spout a whole lotta statistical blah-blah...

in all honesty I've watched a WHOLE lot of basketball in my life, but as far as getting on a sports message board and trying to outsmart/out-ATTITUDE a total stranger is a complete waste of time...

so ya know what I say?:finger: yep, you got it...:lol:

I think you're fucking awesome, personally.

Reactions: LAD

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spit: :pound:

Keep telling yourself that.

You really believe he handpicked guys such as JR, Shumpert, and Mozgov? Along with Frye when he had a better option in Ryan Anderson available. CommoN Sense dude

Lebron handpicking of the roster ended at Kevin Love and James Jones. It needs to be taking into consideration that guys like Tristan, Kyrie, and Delly were already on the roster as recent draft picks/undrafted free agents

I believe that LBJ had Blatt fired much more than I believe that he selected mostly every single player on the roster.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. That's why he went back. The team he had in Miami beat both OKC and the Spurs. But they got old. The Cavs are built to beat OKC and the Spurs.

It's ridiculously obvious that he wanted a younger version of the Heat team he had in Miami.

He saw Kyrie as a younger Wade, Tristan as a younger Haslem. He orchestrated the trade for Love because he saw Love as a younger Bosh. He wanted JR Smith because he saw him as a younger Ray Allen and he wanted Shump as a younger Chalmers for his defense.

It wasn't necessarily a bad idea. Had he gotten OKC or the Spurs, it may well have worked. Unfortunately for him, GSW decided to become historically good.

You and Wiggy are literally the only ones who think Lebron didn't put together this roster.

I'm sure Lebron handpicked Richard Jefferson, Dahntay Jones, Jordan McRae, Sasha Kaun, and etc. Like who believe this nonsense. If you want to say he handpicked Love and even Kyrie. I'll buy that. But you're delusional if you think he hand picked a majority of those role players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really believe he handpicked guys such as JR, Shumpert, and Mozgov? Along with Frye when he had a better option in Ryan Anderson available. CommoN Sense dude

Lebron handpicking of the roster ended at Kevin Love and James Jones. It needs to be taking into consideration that guys like Tristan, Kyrie, and Delly were already on the roster as recent draft picks/undrafted free agents

I believe that LBJ had Blatt fired much more than I believe that he selected mostly every single player on the roster.

Laid it out pretty clear. He tried to create a younger version of the Heat.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Lebron handpicked Richard Jefferson, Dahntay Jones, Jordan McRae, Sasha Kaun, and etc. Like who believe this nonsense. If you want to say he handpicked Love and even Kyrie. I'll buy that. But you're delusional if you think he hand picked a majority of those role players.

I showed the comparisons. The other guys you mentioned are roster fillers. If you think Lebron trusted Gilbert to put together a team that could win, you're as delusional as Wiggy.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed the comparisons. The other guys you mentioned are roster fillers. If you think Lebron trusted Gilbert to put together a team that could win, you're as delusional as Wiggy.

:lol:@ Gilbert putting together a winner. but yeah, THAT'S worked out so well up to now...

Last edited:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed the comaprisons. The other guys you mentioned are roster fillers. If you think Lebron trusted Gilbert to put together a team that could win, you're as delusional as Wiggy.

I just think if he had the option of handpicking their roster, they would have much better role players. I'll give you Kyrie, K-Love, James Jones, Mike Miller, Shawn Marion, and Mo Williams. After that I think it was the GM. As I stated before, I also do think he requested Waiters to be traded for a true Center. Didn't think he expected to get Shump and JR in that trade as well. They were just looked at as throw ins because both were really bad for a terrible knicks team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair to Gilbert, he is the owner ,not the GM so he's not the one putting the team together. That falls on David Griffin

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spit: :pound:

Keep telling yourself that.

I think he put a ungodly amount of pressure on management to make wholesale changes.

How did he do that? 2 year contracts with an opt-out after the first year.

Lebron is a passive aggressive manipulator.

Look back at his statement when he returned...remember how he mentioned his new teammates, yet conveniently left off Wiggins?

He called Love personally to recruit him.

Guys on the team are firing their representation and hire Lebron's cause they know he can pressure them.

Not sure.how that could be construed any other way.

Yahoo Sports reports that LeBron James has reached out to Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love to tell him he wants him to join theCavaliers.

jeeM5jMw_bigger.jpeAdrian Wojnarowski

✔@WojVerticalNBA
LeBron James has reached to tell Kevin Love of his desire for them to play together with the Cavaliers, front office sources tell Yahoo.

4:41 PM - 17 Jul 2014

This follows word from Thursday afternoon that the Cavs are suddenly opento the possibility of trading Andrew Wiggins for Love, as it seems there's at least some momentum in that direction. The decision is a hard one, but if James is actively moving to help secure Love's interest and commitment, it could shift the leverage of the situation, particularly if Love said he would not commit long-term to any team except the Cavs.

Status
Not open for further replies.