• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But all this occurred when he was 26 or younger. This is a guy that will play till late 30s. I just doubt this will be career defining, especially for a guy who will have won multiple titles.
He will always be known for a guy that couldnt win. He wanted super stars around him to do it and wasnt a great leader. thats my opinion. I dont see a great leader from him. he is more of a best friend type player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...my CAVS in 6 looks pretty silly about now...but like you said...GS did what they have to do...in gm 1 CLE competed and just got beat...last night they competed for a Q, then collapsed like a straw building in a KS tornado.

We shall see if CLE can actually hit shots in their own building...not rooting for either team, but as finals series go...goes w/o saying this has been ugly so far.

Yeah, I agree it is pretty hard to watch. Sometimes it looks like they give up on plays. It is very disappointing but hopefully the home crowd can give them the needed lift. All I know is if they lose one in Cleveland the series is over. They need BOTH in Cleveland.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree it is pretty hard to watch. Sometimes it looks like they give up on plays. It is very disappointing but hopefully the home crowd can give them the needed lift. All I know is if they lose one in Cleveland the series is over. They need BOTH in Cleveland.

If it's any consolation, the Raptors looked just as overmatched in their first 2 games against the Cavs. But, they managed to get a couple of games at home to make the series respectable.

Here's hoping the same happens here.

:thumb:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem with letting the inmates run the asylum. The better move would have been the young talent, although I will grant it was unproven at the NBA level. But look at the moves LeBron has made as Cavs GM. Love for Wiggins and Thompson for an insane amount of money. LeBron thought Shabazz Napier was the guy to draft that year. He wanted to run organizations... Riley and Arison wouldn't allow it in Miami. Gilbert does. This is what you get. Outside of controlling his own interests, which is huge. LeBron can get you LeBron. Every other move seems to have blown up in his face. This team is pretty crap outside of him. Kyrie and Love don't play D. And a near max bench rebounder. oh.. JR Smith.

J.R. Smith really? You dog moves bc they got flat out beat in two games, what about before when J.R. was hot. J.R. is a good player but we all know his hot and cold streak. I don't get why fans do this. J.R. has been pretty good, he just hasn't produced in the Finals. Love has played a good Finals so far, but everyone knew he was lacking on defense before they made the move, why is this a surprise. I think it is more about the Warriors have great depth, they essentially have 3 starters on their second unit. I think Cleveland put together a good team with pieces that fit but they are on a cold streak at the worst time. Lets see what happens in Cleveland but the moves they made (other than $16 mil to TT) have made sense. LOL

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors should sweep this series. It's evident that the Warrior bench is far superior, and the Cavaliers have no answer in defending the Warriors. The only reason the Warriors won't sweep is if they are willing to dump one game so they can come back to Oakland and claim the crown.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they are fantastic.

I can't wait to see.what happens this Summer.

Will Durant get the same vitriol that Lebron got if he goes to the Warriors?

I personally don't see the issue with Lebron going to the Heat.

The press tour was clownish. But, he had every right to leave as a free agent.

Ditto for Durant.

Not unless he does an hour-long tv special to announce his decision. IMO, that's where the majority of the dislike for LeBron outside of Cleveland came ffrom.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's any consolation, the Raptors looked just as overmatched in their first 2 games against the Cavs. But, they managed to get a couple of games at home to make the series respectable.

Here's hoping the same happens here.

:thumb:

This series is a totally different animal though....or an apples & oranges scenario if you will.

Can they (cavs) do it??.... sure, anything's possible.
Will they win both games at home??....maybe...but it's a lot more likely the Dubs win 1 of the 2 in all actuality...and GS is more than capable of winning both quite possibly...and honestly, it wouldn't even be that unexpected, given the way both teams have played so far.

At the end of the day..home cooking does count for something.
It's just a matter of which team will be the hungriest.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it a bit humorous now that people are suggesting the Cavs might be better off if Love doesn't play the next game. What happened to them not being at full health last year as the reason they lost. I've been on record saying that Love and Irving being out actually helped the Cavs, but it wasn't a popular opinion around here.

This series is far from over. Lebron and Kyrie are both capable of taking a game over. Add to it that role players generally play better at home and nothing is guaranteed. The Warriors did their part by protecting home court.

I said the same, but I think I was a little off base. Love and Irving help the Cavs in general, just not much in this particular matchup.

I do think the Cavs can get a game at home, but I would be surprised if they get both.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is a totally different animal though....or an apples & oranges scenario if you will.

Can they (cavs) do it??.... sure, anything's possible.
Will they win both games at home??....maybe...but it's a lot more likely the Dubs win 1 of the 2 in all actuality...and GS is more than capable of winning both quite possibly...and honestly, it wouldn't even be that unexpected, given the way both teams have played so far.

At the end of the day..home cooking does count for something.
It's just a matter of which team will be the hungriest.

The Cavs are fucked.

Just trying to give the guy a little hope...lol

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its clear to me that the Cleveland players, especially their stars, do not like to be guarded and I find that very strange. They act like it should be an All Star game or something. They are moping around because someone dares to play defense against them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's 'Career Finals Defining Moment' will likely be a negative one considering he may likely lose another Finals, which could be over by the end of the week, and leaves him at 2-5 or a .286 Finals win percentage.

In other words, to this point, a negative account will most likely be his 'Finals Defining Moment'.

The actual Finals Defining Moment could be from early in his career or later with one of the moments listed below, or yet to be determined. Either way, here is his Resume of Unforgettable Finals Moments prior to this series...
  • Game 1 of the NBA Finals in 2007 - LBJ got completely schooled by Tim Duncan and the Spurs in Game 1 of the NBA Finals in 2007. LeBron had only 14 points on 25 percent shooting.
  • Game 4 vs. Dallas Mavericks, NBA Finals 2011 - James scored eight points. 3-for-11 shooting. Four turnovers. Most of his blunders happened in the fourth quarter, and the game was decided by three points being punked by none other than DeShawn Stevenson.
  • Game 5 vs. Dallas Mavericks, NBA Finals 2011 - After James called this Game 5 'The biggest game of his life', and despite scoring a triple double in the loss, LeVanish was virtually a non factor in the tightly contested 4th quarter, going 1 of 4 in the pivotal game 5 fourth.
  • Game 6 vs. Dallas Mavericks, NBA Finals 2011 - James continues to be missing in action in the Mavs closeout game in Miami. After a close first half, Miami only down by 2 points at the break, LeVanish scores his first field-goal on his first attempt in the 3rd quarter with just 1:49 remaining in the quarter. LeVanish is not heard of again scoring wise until he puts back a missed tip in from teammate Haslem with 7 minutes left and a double digit deficit. James does score another deuce while the game is in reach but just 3 shots in the 2nd have while the game was on the line in a close out game was the ultimate Finals Defining Moment.
Non Final Post Season Game Honorable Mentions
  • Game 1 vs. Boston Celtics, Eastern Semi 2008 - James went 2-for-18, scoring 12 points and clanking six ill-advised and well-contested triples, he also had a 10 turnovers. Not to mentions LeChoke also came up short in the clutch. James had the clearest path to the basket all night in the final minutes to tie the game and missed a finger-roll that he makes in his sleep, along with two other drives and, surprise, a three-pointer.
  • Game 1 vs. Chicago Bulls, Eastern Finals 2011 - LeBron stunk up the joint with just 15 points, six rebounds, and six assists, on 33 percent shooting with four turnovers again being punked by Luol Deng
  • Game 5 vs. Boston Celtics, Eastern Semi's 2010 - The game he became LeQuit...LeBron had 15 points and shot 21 percent.

1. Did you see his roster in 2007. Not a defining moment lol. His "defining moment" that year was getting to the championship beating the Champion Pistons by himself.

2. The Dallas series was his only bad Finals appearance where had good teammates. He was bad, no doubt about it. It was a fail

3. 2008 he didn't have teammates worth shit. Game 1 isn't a defining moment lol

4. Game 1 in ECF's 2011 didn't they make it to the NBA Finals and lost. Not sure what your definition of defining moments are but ok lol.

5. 2010 EC semi's they lost by 32. And then Game 6 he had 27, 19, 10 but they lost to Celtics who ended up losing in 7 to the Lakers. Again, his best teammate was a beat up Shaq.

His finals numbers:

2015 vs GS: 35.8 PPG, 13.3 RPG, 8.8 APG L
2014 vs SA
: 28.2 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 4.0 APG L
2013 vs SA
: 25.3 PPG, 10.9 RPG, 7.0 APG W
2012 vs OKC
: 28.6 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 7.4 APG W
2011 vs DAL
: 17.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 6.8 APG L
2007 vs SA
: 22.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.8 APG L

His only "defining moments" where he played bad in the Finals in general was 2007 with a shitty team around him and 2011 vs the Mavs. His Finals numbers are actually very solid all-around especially in his last 4 Finals appearances but 2 resulted in losses.

He did have a pretty bad Game 2 no doubt but this Finals' defining moments, if any, will be when they go back to Cleveland for 2 games facing elimination. I think everyone can agree he played pretty awful in Game 2. One game doesn't make a series, just saying, at least at this point in the series.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same, but I think I was a little off base. Love and Irving help the Cavs in general, just not much in this particular matchup.

I do think the Cavs can get a game at home, but I would be surprised if they get both.
Agreed. I think there will only be one day with free tacos.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If James doesn't start taking the ball to the basket and finishing the Cavs will be done early. He needs to quit trying to dish the ball.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to see some really sketchy officiating in game 3. I'm betting the refs have their marching orders for this one and those will be "The Cavs will not get swept"

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Win TWINS!!! ...you called this.

Ps. I tried to quote you in the night shift thread and it said I had insufficient authority to post there.

What up with that?

Wolves Plan To Target Joakim Noah - RealGM Wiretap

Ahhhh... thread was closed/locked because it had reached the limit of 10,000 posts.

What did you try to quote? Or, were you just trying to get my attention?

As for Noah, I wouldn't mind it, but I'm not getting my hopes up until it happens. Lots still need to be done before then.

LYNX! UNDEFEATED!

Status
Not open for further replies.