• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree it is pretty hard to watch. Sometimes it looks like they give up on plays. It is very disappointing but hopefully the home crowd can give them the needed lift. All I know is if they lose one in Cleveland the series is over. They need BOTH in Cleveland.

Agree 100%.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh... thread was closed/locked because it had reached the limit of 10,000 posts.

What did you try to quote? Or, were you just trying to get my attention?

As for Noah, I wouldn't mind it, but I'm not getting my hopes up until it happens. Lots still need to be done before then.

LYNX! UNDEFEATED!

I was trying to quote the post where you said the Wolves s should go after Pau or Noah.

Lynx look good.

But, so does the " No Olympian " Sparks.

7-0 !!!!!!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors should sweep this series. It's evident that the Warrior bench is far superior, and the Cavaliers have no answer in defending the Warriors. The only reason the Warriors won't sweep is if they are willing to dump one game so they can come back to Oakland and claim the crown.

Pretty sure that not's in their mindset...that being said... the last time a bay area team won a title in front of their home fans was...

1985..49ers SB XIX (although it was at Stanford stadium)
1989...Oakland A's WS (although it was just across the bay in Candlestick Park)

* SF Giants won their 3 WS titles all on the road. (Tex,Det & KC)
** The GS Warriors won both of their titles on the road as well...(in Washington 1975, and in Cleveland last yr)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that not's in their mindset...that being said... the last time a bay area team won a title in front of their home fans was...

1985..49ers SB XIX (although it was at Stanford stadium)
1989...Oakland A's WS (although it was just across the bay in Candlestick Park)

* SF Giants won their 3 WS titles all on the road. (Tex,Det & KC)
** The GS Warriors won both of their titles on the road as well...(in Washington 1975, and in Cleveland last yr)

I agree. Never drop a game in the playoffs so you can win in front of your home crowd. As the playoffs have shown, the longer you let a series go on, the more chance for injury. It takes one injury to change the reflection of a series. When you have a chance to win, take it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Never drop a game in the playoffs so you can win in front of your home crowd. As the playoffs have shown, the longer you let a series go on, the more chance for injury. It takes one injury to change the reflection of a series. When you have a chance to win, take it.

Plus it would be awesome if the title was won in Cleveland...

by the Warriors :D

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, they have done of good job of containing the Splash Bros and did force 20 turnovers last night

That stat would look a whole lot better if they hadn't turned the ball over 17 times themselves and not lost by 33 points.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd made what I thought was an excellent point this morning. The problem that the Cavs have is that the Warriors literally came out of nowhere.

This Cavs team was built to beat the Spurs and OKC. When Lebron left Miami, those are the teams that virtually everyone thought would be ruling the West. The Warriors were a good, interesting team, but no one saw them going 170-34 over the past 2 seasons as they have.

In fact, when the Cavs were being built, the Warriors FO was divided almost down the middle about whether they should trade Curry and keep Monta Ellis and/or trade Klay for Kevin Love.

Obviously, they made the right choices and have gone on a historic run.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd made what I thought was an excellent point this morning. The problem that the Cavs have is that the Warriors literally came out of nowhere.

This Cavs team was built to beat the Spurs and OKC. When Lebron left Miami, those are the teams that virtually everyone thought would be ruling the West. The Warriors were a good, interesting team, but no one saw them going 170-34 over the past 2 seasons as they have.

In fact, when the Cavs were being built, the Warriors FO was divided almost down the middle about whether they should trade Curry and keep Monta Ellis and/or Klay for Kevin Love.

That would've been a monumental fuck up if they kept Ellis over Curry.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would've been a monumental fuck up if they kept Ellis over Curry.

Looking at it in 2016, definitely. But at the time, it was a legitimate debate.

I also think I may have inadvertently given Cavs fans, particularly Wiggy, their excuse for this latest failure with that post. :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im glad Delly and Love have had time to get healthy.....if the Cavs would have swept- i al

i aleady told you- you lost your chance when you were a big flaming woose earlier...im not gonna let you goad me into a bet when you were too much of a yellow bellied coward to back up your bullshit before the playoffs started--- be gone! go harass someone else...i already told you- ill make bets with anyone BUT you...suck it! lol...enjoy watching the Cavs in the Finals AGAIN........it wont be any different next year either!

THURSDAY! Cavs get their first legit shot at an NBA title with this group!

they just need to split to start this series out...

This is what the whole team has wanted- a healthy team and a chance for revenge after last year. Everyone is healthy.

I cant even speculate on the defensive matchups. I wonder if they will go cross-matchups or play it straight up.......

I could see straight up and Kyrie starting on Curry, JR on Klay,--- BUT--- and i dont know what they plan on doing- but i think LeBron guarding Iggy and or Barnes is kind of a waste......I wonder if LeBron will guard Curry at times...he couldnt last year beafcuse of the offensive load he had to carry- but at times iwouldnt be surprised to see it this year...

honestly- if i was the Cavs id have LeBron guard Curry and tell him to guard him as tight as possible and if Curry wants to score 40 with floaters in the lane- go for it...im sure Delly will play him to switch it up here and there as well.....Curry seems healthy though.

Fun that its finally time...BACK to the NBA Finals.....lets see what King James can do.

i definitely agree with this.

Someone is gonna have the crown of best player alive after the Finals- and it will be whoever is hefting the Trophy- and likely- the Finals MVP trophy-- whether its Steph getting his 1st or LBJ getting his 3rd.

last year David Lee really hurt the Cavs....im kinda glad the Warriros dont have him this year--- deifnitely a small thing- but especially with playing Mozgov less and less to practically zero- not having to worry AT ALL about an inside post presence should help.

Curry and LeBron each have so much on the line.

Each team is better than they were last year. The title of best player, best team is on the line.

If the Warriors win they set themselves up for a potential dynasty. If the Cavs win LeBron retains best player alive honors for a little while longer and breaks the Cleveland Curse and goes down in history.

If the Warriors win they can say- YAH we would have beaten u last year too- all that whining was bullshit----if the Cavs win their health gripe looks more and more legitimate.

CANT WAIT!

In a way- I dont MIND starting on the road because the pressure is on Golden State. They are the favorite- they are at home- and are supposed to win...If the Cavs can steal a game they come home with confidence....if its 0-2 the pressure on the Cavs will be IMMENS when they come home and things will NOT be looking very good...

though ill tell ya- i thought the Thunder played like crap last night in that 2nd half....i wouldnt expect lebron to fall apart like that down the stretch.

Just to kill time

#hidinginacave

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it in 2016, definitely. But at the time, it was a legitimate debate.

I also think I may have inadvertently given Cavs fans, particularly Wiggy, their excuse for this latest failure with that post. :lol:

Well.....Wiggy mentioned in March/April that he was going to be cheering his ass off during the Cavs title parade. I for a fact know that I as a Heat fan never was that cocky during the Heat's Big 3 era. I was nervous as shit each series that came up whether it was Indiana, Boston, Chicago, the Finals, etc...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to kill time

#hidinginacave

Well, Wiggy is right on one thing. With the way the Dubs are going, they can honestly say "Yeah we would've kicked the shit out of you last year as well, fully healthy."

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fact, when the Cavs were being built, the Warriors FO was divided almost down the middle about whether they should trade Curry and keep Monta Ellis and/or trade Klay for Kevin Love.

I knew the warriors were going to be better with Kerr but not this good lol. I though 55-58 wins every year was my prediction after the coaching change

Status
Not open for further replies.