• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs will never trade Irving. Love, maybe. But not Irving given his upside. I doubt even Gilbert trades Irving for CP3 straight up, even if Lebron asks for it.
LOL, why in the hell would the Cavs want CP3?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the warriors were going to be better with Kerr but not this good lol. I though 55-58 wins every year was my prediction after the coaching change

If they had the genius of Lue, they'd prob win 80.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd made what I thought was an excellent point this morning. The problem that the Cavs have is that the Warriors literally came out of nowhere.

This Cavs team was built to beat the Spurs and OKC. When Lebron left Miami, those are the teams that virtually everyone thought would be ruling the West. The Warriors were a good, interesting team, but no one saw them going 170-34 over the past 2 seasons as they have.

In fact, when the Cavs were being built, the Warriors FO was divided almost down the middle about whether they should trade Curry and keep Monta Ellis and/or trade Klay for Kevin Love.

Obviously, they made the right choices and have gone on a historic run.

Never heard that one about Ellis. I don't think there was ever really a debate with the new FO under Lacob. With the moped incident and Ellis' complaining, I think he was pretty much out the door after Klay Thompson was drafted. I don't think they ever saw Ellis as a true point guard which he isn't. Love a different story and I am glad they never made that trade. Nothing against Love, but it wouldn't have been a good move for this team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors should sweep this series. It's evident that the Warrior bench is far superior, and the Cavaliers have no answer in defending the Warriors. The only reason the Warriors won't sweep is if they are willing to dump one game so they can come back to Oakland and claim the crown.

I seriously doubt they would be willing to do that. Can't take anyone for granted, especially these guys. The Ws did what they were supposed to do, take care of their homecourt for the first two games. But this thing is not over yet. They still need to win on the road at least once.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He, nor Wade, nor Melo, and many others wouldn't go to Cleveland.

Also, if James dumps Love/Kyrie, then why would other players trust him to join him ?

Completely agree. Which is why it's a stupid move to make Lebron "GM"

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's good friends with lebron
Okay whatever. CP3 has to be one of the most overrated PG's in the NBA. If LeBron wants to win a NBA Championship, he has to go to a serious NBA contender.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue

I think you need to do something to settle our last bet...

#broke

It won't let me settle it yet. I think I have to wait till the expire time passes which is tonight I think. Ill settle it as soon as it lets me.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay whatever. CP3 has to be one of the most overrated PG's in the NBA. If LeBron wants to win a NBA Championship he has to go to a serious serious NBA contender.

He won't do that because any legitimate contender won't give him the power he has in Cleveland. Plus no matter what, he know the Cavs will always give him the max regarding salary.

Right now, the only chance he has to up his ring-count is to take a ridiculous pay cut and join a top 3 team in the West. But lebron being as selfish as he is, won't do that.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For one, he's more of a PG than Irving. Two, he's substantially better at defense than Irving. Something that he's extremely lacking right now.
Okay fair enougn, but I think CP3 is overrated.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair enougn, but I think CP3 is overrated.

I don't think he's a top 5 player in the league anymore. But he's still one of the better point guards in the league. And better than Irving when it comes to oncourt IQ and defense - which the Cavs need right now.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's a top 5 player in the league anymore. But he's still one of the better point guards in the league. And better than Irving when it comes to oncourt IQ and defense - which the Cavs need right now.
Nothing is going to help the Cavs "right now".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard that one about Ellis. I don't think there was ever really a debate with the new FO under Lacob. With the moped incident and Ellis' complaining, I think he was pretty much out the door after Klay Thompson was drafted. I don't think they ever saw Ellis as a true point guard which he isn't. Love a different story and I am glad they never made that trade. Nothing against Love, but it wouldn't have been a good move for this team.

Actually, it was. I had forgotten about it until Cowherd mentioned. You have to remember that at that time Steph Curry was not the Steph Curry of the past 2 seasons. There were actually questions about whether or not he would even have much of a career because he looked like he was going to be injury prone.

Not making the Love trade was probably even more key to what we are seeing now because no one knew at that time that Klay was going to be this good and Love was already established. No way Love would have fir into the Warriors current offense.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Find a way to get security to prevent Curry and the Warriors getting into Quicken Loans Arena would help them out.
Yeah, arrest Curry and the Warriors for carrying a weapon, is the only way you are going to stop the Warriors, in this finals.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Did you see his roster in 2007. Not a defining moment lol. His "defining moment" that year was getting to the championship beating the Champion Pistons by himself.

2. The Dallas series was his only bad Finals appearance where had good teammates. He was bad, no doubt about it. It was a fail

3. 2008 he didn't have teammates worth shit. Game 1 isn't a defining moment lol

4. Game 1 in ECF's 2011 didn't they make it to the NBA Finals and lost. Not sure what your definition of defining moments are but ok lol.

5. 2010 EC semi's they lost by 32. And then Game 6 he had 27, 19, 10 but they lost to Celtics who ended up losing in 7 to the Lakers. Again, his best teammate was a beat up Shaq.

His finals numbers:

2015 vs GS: 35.8 PPG, 13.3 RPG, 8.8 APG L
2014 vs SA
: 28.2 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 4.0 APG L
2013 vs SA
: 25.3 PPG, 10.9 RPG, 7.0 APG W
2012 vs OKC
: 28.6 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 7.4 APG W
2011 vs DAL
: 17.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG, 6.8 APG L
2007 vs SA
: 22.0 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 6.8 APG L

His only "defining moments" where he played bad in the Finals in general was 2007 with a shitty team around him and 2011 vs the Mavs. His Finals numbers are actually very solid all-around especially in his last 4 Finals appearances but 2 resulted in losses.

He did have a pretty bad Game 2 no doubt but this Finals' defining moments, if any, will be when they go back to Cleveland for 2 games facing elimination. I think everyone can agree he played pretty awful in Game 2. One game doesn't make a series, just saying, at least at this point in the series.
LeBron's only positive statement left in this series is one of Great feats.

If James overcomes the odds stacked against him, puts this Series on his back and the Cavs somehow win this Series, taking down 'this' on the verge of a destiny, team, win 4 of the next 5, would put a seal on Finals moment for sure.

Anything less is just another 'excuse' on the list of all but 2 of the 7, so far.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it was. I had forgotten about it until Cowherd mentioned. You have to remember that at that time Steph Curry was not the Steph Curry of the past 2 seasons. There were actually questions about whether or not he would even have much of a career because he looked like he was going to be injury prone.

Not making the Love trade was probably even more key to what we are seeing now because no one knew at that time that Klay was going to be this good and Love was already established. No way Love would have fir into the Warriors current offense.

I'd have to go back and look at that. I know there was some debate in the media and sports shows. I know there were some issues with Curry's ankles. But at the same time, I think the FO under Lacob was ready to move on from Ellis. I think they were always higher in Curry than Ellis and don't remember anything serious coming from the team looking to trade Curry. But it has been years since that has happened and maybe I just don't remember it all.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, both Love and James are too slow for "the current Warrior's offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.