• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it is his fault because he chose who he though he could win with.

He's gotta be held accountable for thinking he can win championships with his other big 2 being poor defenders ( if they lose).

^^^THIS^^^

This nonsense of people wanting to "not blame Lebron" or come up with excuses to try to make him look better when measured against other all-time greats has really got to stop.

He teamed up with 2 other stars in Miami and went .500 in the finals. Then, he played de facto GM and virtually handpicked the roster in Cleveland.

If he was 4-2 in the finals, he'd be getting credit for what a great job he did influencing/putting together championship teams and everyone would be talking about how he should be a GM when he retires.

Instead, he is 2-4 and deserves the criticism for his teams not being able to get the job done.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Efficient? How you gonna be efficient playing 1 vs 5?

Yes Iggy deserved it, just saying LeBron had a good case too. And in the end I'm just saying LeBron haters aren't objective. They just hate the guy, so everything is spun negatively and the positives are ignored. It happens, it's just sports, no one cares least of all LeBron. Just saying they have it wrong.

Yeah I agree with this. When your next 2 options are Delly and JR as it was last year, it is almost like playing 1 on 5. Can't hold it against him for what took place in the finals last season

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Efficient? How you gonna be efficient playing 1 vs 5?

Yes Iggy deserved it, just saying LeBron had a good case too. And in the end I'm just saying LeBron haters aren't objective. They just hate the guy, so everything is spun negatively and the positives are ignored. It happens, it's just sports, no one cares least of all LeBron. Just saying they have it wrong.

I disagree.
There are several here, including me, who can be objective while not liking him.
At some point, it can't be everyone's fault but his, and if he's handpicking perceived non championship caliber teams, then why leave the team that just had won 2 before losing to a Spurs team that played near perfect ball?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much say as to who was on those rosters did Wilt have?

LeBron may be a terrible GM but he is an all-time great player. The haters just don't like him so they don't see it. No one cares least of all me (or LeBron)

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree.
There are several here, including me, who can be objective while not liking him.
At some point, it can't be everyone's fault but his, and if he's handpicking perceived non championship caliber teams, then why leave the team that just had won 2 before losing to a Spurs team that played near perfect ball?

Lebron is the only superstar that I have ever seen where people try to make excuses and deflect blame away from for finals losses.

For example, no one says that 2 of Magic's finals losses shouldn't be held against him because he and Byron were out of 1 of the finals losses and in his loss to MJ's Bulls, he had a team that had no business being in the finals. Yet, we hear those exact excuses for Lebron's 2 finals losses in Cleveland.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron may be a terrible GM but he is an all-time great player. The haters just don't like him so they don't see it. No one cares least of all me (or LeBron)

Not one person has said Lebron isn't an all time great. All that has been said is to quit making excuses for his finals record and that he should get the lions share of the blame because he was largely responsible for the rosters he played with.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is the only superstar that I have ever seen where people try to make excuses and deflect blame away from for finals losses.

For example, no one says that 2 of Magic's finals losses shouldn't be held against him because he and Byron were out of 1 of the finals losses and in his loss to MJ's Bulls, he had a team that had no business being in the finals. Yet, we hear those exact excuses for Lebron's 2 finals losses in Cleveland.

No one parses out things like Finals losses to deny Magic's greatness. Anyone who tries to argue LeBron isn't an all-time great just doesn't understand the game, or more likely is blinded by a personal emotion.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one person has said Lebron isn't an all time great. All that has been said is to quit making excuses for his finals record and that he should get the lions share of the blame because he was largely responsible for the rosters he played with.

OK then he deserves GM of the year for the team he built in Miami.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one parses out things like Finals losses to deny Magic's greatness. Anyone who tries to argue LeBron isn't an all-time great just doesn't understand the game, or more likely is blinded by a personal emotion.

Again, no one has said Lebron isn't an all-time great. However, winning in the finals is part of how all-time greats are measured and Lebron's record in the finals doesn't stand up against other all-time greats.

One of these is not like the others.

MJ: 6-0
Kareem: 6-3
Magic: 5-4
Kobe: 5-2
Bird: 3-2
Lebron: 2-4

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK then he deserves GM of the year for the team he built in Miami.

He was .500 in Miami and he didn't build that team in it's entirety. He teamed up with 2 other stars. He did, however, put together the roster that he is currently playing with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one parses out things like Finals losses to deny Magic's greatness.

Not true. The main reason that Magic isn't considered the GOAT is because he has lost in the finals 4 times and has 1 fewer ring.

Kareem has the same number of rings as MJ, yet he is also not considered GOAT because he lost 3 times in the finals.

Jerry West isn't even included in the GOAT conversation because he went 1-8 in the finals.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. The main reason that Magic isn't considered the GOAT is because he has lost in the finals 4 times and has 1 fewer ring.

Kareem has the same number of rings as MJ, yet he is also not considered GOAT because he lost 3 times in the finals.

Jerry West isn't even included in the GOAT conversation because he went 1-8 in the finals.

There is no such thing as a GOAT. There's no way to decide. The arguing about it is why it's fun.

IMO there have been 5 transcendent players since I started watching, 5 players that have never been seen before or since, all different in their dominance. Some were dominant for longer than others but the 5 are Magic, MJ, Shaq, LeBron, and Curry. There's no way to prove me wrong, because there's no way to prove me right. It's just my opinion as a fan.

If I were older I'd probably put Wilt and Kareem on this list. I don't think you can say MJ was 'better' than any of the others, he was uniquely great as were the others.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, no one has said Lebron isn't an all-time great. However, winning in the finals is part of how all-time greats are measured and Lebron's record in the finals doesn't stand up against other all-time greats.

One of these is not like the others.

MJ: 6-0
Kareem: 6-3
Magic: 5-4
Kobe: 5-2
Bird: 3-2
Lebron: 2-4

Don't start this again. This thread is about the Cavs and the Warriors. It has nothing to do with Jordan or the Showtime Lakers.

Some say LeBron had excuses made for him when he loses. I say BS. No player in the history of any sport has been scrutinized and picked apart the way LeBron has. He is going to lose in the Finals again this year because his team is not good enough. We all knew that back in January.

Nobody is making excuses, the Warriors are just better. That should not diminish LeBron's legacy in the slightest.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did Wiggy switch bodies...?!!:noidea:

Just sayin', haters give LBJ grief for 'putting together' teams that lose in the Finals. He should then get credit for putting together the winners. Or perhaps we should move on from this tired meme of LeBron as GM.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin', haters give LBJ grief for 'putting together' teams that lose in the Finals. He should then get credit for putting together the winners. Or perhaps we should move on from this tired meme of LeBron as GM.

Pat Riley put together the team in Miami

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sayin', haters give LBJ grief for 'putting together' teams that lose in the Finals. He should then get credit for putting together the winners.

k, well I said it the other day. this is the beauty of living in America. I don't have to LIKE anybody...

as an athlete, and as a champion, the number he's delivered, etc I doubt anyone here has taken anything away from the guy...

as an egotistical buffoon? well, that's another matter entirely...

conversely though, it's certainly your right to defend him if you'd like...

Status
Not open for further replies.