• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA 2018 Preseason Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude- Looney and McCaw suck. Just as i have said.

Jury is out on McCaw, but I have no defense against that. Looney, I strongly disagree. If you think he sucks, you clearly did not watch him play at all in the playoffs last year, ESPECIALLY against the Rockets. For a guy who has continually shit on guys like Whiteside for not being able to cover the perimeter, you not seeing any upside in Looney is just complete bull shit hating from you. At least be objective sometimes.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

The floor is yours...

According to The Athletic's Anthony Slater, "McCaw’s representatives urged him to take one of the two choices" after the Warriors extended him a $1.7 million qualifying offer followed by a two-year deal that would have included $2 million for the 2018-19 season and a team option for the 2019-20 campaign.

However, McCaw didn't find either deal suitable—and now we know why.

"This isn't as much about money for McCaw as it is about opportunity," Slater wrote. "Sources indicate that both McCaw and his father, Jeff, who has become a vocal part of this process, believe a more expansive role is the best thing for his growth and eventual earning potential."

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you guys sign J Crossover and just be done with this Pat Mccaw clusterfuck?

I mean, who's minutes does he believe he deserves to take?

Another dumb as kid listening to his dumb ass dad.

NBA Rumors: Patrick McCaw Goes Against Agent, Listens to Dad in Contract Talks

I got no idea what the hell he is doing. Like I completely understand his position in wanting to have a solid role and minutes carved out for him, but he's in a position where he's not able to do a damn thing. The crazy thing is even as his QO was expiring, the Warriors offered him MORE money and MORE years just out of loyalty sake. They offered him a 2 year 4M deal. That would have been his best bet considering there is likely to be some massive turnover in the next year, likely with the Warriors parting ways with Livingston. That could have been his role.

As is, he's got no deal, AND he's a restricted free agent still. He's burning a bridge for no reason. I would have thought he might have counseled with some of his teammates that have been at the very least. Iguodala and the rest of the team have always wanted their guys to cash out. But you have to be within reason.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jury is out on McCaw, but I have no defense against that. Looney, I strongly disagree. If you think he sucks, you clearly did not watch him play at all in the playoffs last year, ESPECIALLY against the Rockets. For a guy who has continually shit on guys like Whiteside for not being able to cover the perimeter, you not seeing any upside in Looney is just complete bull shit hating from you. At least be objective sometimes.
I thought Looney earned himself a nice payday.

Was he unrestricted?

Because the idea that the Warriors would match anything under 6 mil is the only thing I can think of.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss

The floor is yours...

According to The Athletic's Anthony Slater, "McCaw’s representatives urged him to take one of the two choices" after the Warriors extended him a $1.7 million qualifying offer followed by a two-year deal that would have included $2 million for the 2018-19 season and a team option for the 2019-20 campaign.

However, McCaw didn't find either deal suitable—and now we know why.

"This isn't as much about money for McCaw as it is about opportunity," Slater wrote. "Sources indicate that both McCaw and his father, Jeff, who has become a vocal part of this process, believe a more expansive role is the best thing for his growth and eventual earning potential."

Yeah he's an idiot, but his father is giving him TERRIBLE advice. Never listen to family when it comes to business.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was he unrestricted?

Because the idea that the Warriors would match anything under 6 mil is the only thing I can think of.

The Warriors turned down his option, which meant that they were capped out at offering him a max deal of 2.2M. If any team surpassed that, they couldn't match. So all a team had to do was offer him a 2 year 5M deal and if he accepted, he was gone. That's why I said I couldn't believe no team offered him a deal for 3 or 4M a year, considering he's only 22 and played significant and important minutes against the Rockets in the WCF. If your team can't use him, then your priorities as a team are fucked, IMO.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he's an idiot, but his father is giving him TERRIBLE advice. Never listen to family when it comes to business.
I mean, are they under the impression that they are in a position of power?

Mccaw has no leverage.

Like you said, he's still restricted for next season.

They act like teams are lining up to trade for him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors turned down his option, which meant that they were capped out at offering him a max deal of 2.2M. If any team surpassed that, they couldn't match. So all a team had to do was offer him a 2 year 5M deal and if he accepted, he was gone. That's why I said I couldn't believe no team offered him a deal for 3 or 4M a year, considering he's only 22 and played significant and important minutes against the Rockets in the WCF. If your team can't use him, then your priorities as a team are fucked, IMO.
Wow...hell of a missed opportunity.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was he unrestricted?

maybe teams realized that when he was on the court he either A. had a cloacking device on, or B. no one GAVE A FLYING FUCK he was on the court and ignored him for the 4 top 15 players on the team.

i really think it might be the cloaking device from Duke Nukem.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe teams realized that when he was on the court he either A. had a cloacking device on, or B. no one GAVE A FLYING FUCK he was on the court and ignored him for the 4 top 15 players on the team.

i really think it might be the cloaking device from Duke Nukem.
This is dumb even for you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is dumb even for you.
or it could be maybe teams thought he was TOOO good to offer a contract and wanted to help the Wizards out?

do you have an explanation?

If I was being serious i would say its very very rare that teams offer RFA's deals for whatever reason but that fact has been ignored ad nauseum by many people on here when i haveb rought it up before.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...hell of a missed opportunity.
oh yah im sure all 29 other teams just missed it.

maybe, just maybe no one thought he was worth more than 2.2M a year.

id much rather have Dekker.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah im sure all 29 other teams just missed it.

maybe, just maybe no one thought he was worth more than 2.2M a year.

id much rather have Dekker.
Eh....not me.

Dekker didn't get a fair shot with the Clippers and he was injured early on in Houston.

But, I'm all in on most UCLA guys.

So, me being Pro Looney shouldn't really surprise you.

Plus, he played meaningful minutes in that championship run.

Eta: I thought you meant Looney, not Mccaw.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedi Osman: Cavaliers showed 'we are going to surprise a lot of teams this year'
cediiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

cediiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Cedi Osman > Patrick McCrap
Please God....

Please let the Cavs trade for Mccaw.

tenor.gif

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please God....

Please let the Cavs trade for Mccaw.

tenor.gif

It'll be even better when the Cavs trade him for Cedi, who the Warriors then immediately send to the D-League.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy: Your second round picks are all dog shit lol.

Also Wiggy: Our second round draft pick is going to be the key to our future. You know the same one who couldn't even get any run in last years finals when all of our wings were flat out terrible.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

obviously the guy who wrote this is just a butt-hurt hater. No way could adding Rondo, Stephernson, Beasley, KCP, McGee be a bad idea.

Short of a catastrophic injury to Harden, Paul, Durant or Curry SPECIFICALLY.....

I don't see the Lakers getting to the WCF, let alone the finals.

But, I also don't see a team with a healthy LeBron missing the playoffs.

As much as I'd love for it to happen, I just don't see it.

LeBron is that good.