• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Name a former player from your team who disappointed you in the NFL

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it has to be Tim Anderson, Top 5 Recruit to Ohio State, then went on and did nothing in the NFL. But maybe I am just being a little bit of a Homer as I have know since I was about 6 years old.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick a QB. Though, Palmer is the only one I thought would be a stud, and he was for a minute. He's having a nice little resurgence at the wrong time. :L

Is it just me or does Carson Palmer always look like he is hungover?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, you thought this guy was a risk less ten year starter and he never even saw the field! We all have a few, I am sure.

For the Hokies, I would say defensive back Jimmy Williams. Virginia Tech does a really good job of producing DBs and Williams was one of the biggest and fastest and best covering guy they ever had. I was sure he would be a pro bowler at the next level.

....then the weed showed up at his locker. :L

Weirdly enough, my buddy texted me yesterday saying he really hoped Antone Exum wasn't the second coming of Jimmy Williams.

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andy Katzenmoyer. He was a decorated freight train in college but wasn't all there upstairs in the pros.

I think his situation was disappointing. He didn't have a hell of a lot to say about quitting. He did the best thing for Andy. Would loved to see him have a 10-15 year career though.

I would say Archie Griffin. He just didn't fit into the Bengals offensive scheme. He would have been a much better back with today's offenses.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some 1st round picks from the Wisconsin Badgers since 2000 that didn't accomplish much...

Ron Dayne (RB) - Drafted 11th by the Giants in 2000, he didn't do much for a Heisman winner that set the all-time NCAA rushing record. He did last 7 years in the NFL, but it's not like he had a great NFL career. Not a complete bust, but didn't live up to the expectations.

Chris McIntosh (OT) - Drafted 22nd in 2000 by the Seahawks, he was a complete bust. He didn't even last three full seasons in the NFL. He did sustain a neck injury in his 2nd season, but I'm not sure if that was the reason behind him falling off the face of the Earth.

Jamar Fletcher (CB) - Drafted in the 1st round in 2001, he didn't quite live up to the expectations. He did last 7 seasons in the NFL, but he really didn't do a whole lot, especially for a 1st round draft pick.

Wendell Bryant (DT) - Drafted in the 1st round in 2002 by the Cardinals, he didn't accomplish jack squat and he couldn't stay off banned substances. Only last 3 seasons in the NFL.

Erasmus James (DE) - Drafted in the 1st round of 2005 by the Vikings, he was a bust. He had an okay rookie season, but he couldn't stay healthy over the next few years and he was out of the league by 2008.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of late, Rolando McClain. But I must admit I admired his honesty after he quit.

Auburn has had a lot more high profile busts than us, though.

Their list would include; Pat Sullivan, Tracy Rocker, Brent Fullwood etc

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heath-and-coach.jpg

hi-res-231048_display_image.jpg

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Leinart. I read two separate interviews with Kurt Warner and Jeff Garcia, both of whom said that they were very unimpressed with Leinart's work ethic. Warner even went as far to say that Leinart seemed to believe that "his natural talent" was all it would take for him to make it. It's apparent that Leinart is quite content picking up a paycheck as a perennial back up for his entire career.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Richardson is going for the bama crown, Rolando Mcclain better watch out.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight Jones. He never even saw the roster, let alone the field.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some 1st round picks from the Wisconsin Badgers since 2000 that didn't accomplish much...

Ron Dayne (RB) - Drafted 11th by the Giants in 2000, he didn't do much for a Heisman winner that set the all-time NCAA rushing record. He did last 7 years in the NFL, but it's not like he had a great NFL career. Not a complete bust, but didn't live up to the expectations.

Chris McIntosh (OT) - Drafted 22nd in 2000 by the Seahawks, he was a complete bust. He didn't even last three full seasons in the NFL. He did sustain a neck injury in his 2nd season, but I'm not sure if that was the reason behind him falling off the face of the Earth.

Jamar Fletcher (CB) - Drafted in the 1st round in 2001, he didn't quite live up to the expectations. He did last 7 seasons in the NFL, but he really didn't do a whole lot, especially for a 1st round draft pick.

Wendell Bryant (DT) - Drafted in the 1st round in 2002 by the Cardinals, he didn't accomplish jack squat and he couldn't stay off banned substances. Only last 3 seasons in the NFL.

Erasmus James (DE) - Drafted in the 1st round of 2005 by the Vikings, he was a bust. He had an okay rookie season, but he couldn't stay healthy over the next few years and he was out of the league by 2008.

Monte Ball ain't exactly tearing it up and seems to have a problem holding on to the ball...but I still have hope for him to help my Donks.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
da Boz, but the guy was damaged goods when he was drafted, so probably no surprise...

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was never sure about Dayne. He was like a lot of other dominant college RBs. Didn't work quite as hard in the offseason, got to accustomed to being a manchild. Still think he would have been a great Steeler but they slready had Bettis.

Bryant had amazing talent, but I don't know if he loved football.

So Erasmus James was the one that dissapointed me the most. I just don't think he ever really recovered from that hip injury. Our staff probably should have made him sit some games back in 04. He had that elite edge rush hybrid capability. Again, he's another one who shoulda been a Steeler.

Last edited by a moderator: