• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my thoughts after week 1

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apratt21 is reptec.

LOL....I soulda known this guy couldn't possible build up this much hate for my opinion in such a short time. Shit about riding back over to my board....LOL

I told many on Disney in the last month that this guy was three different posters....many times posting to each other. Disturbed? This board being his life?

LOL....another that pointed fingers at others while doing his best to troll with style points.

I'm so happy football season is here

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You point out some great plays. I loved murrays hustle on that play. Reminiscent of tyron smiths horse collar last year. Dont forget romo hustling to get in the way to slow up the defender so murray could make the tackle.

The strip by church was great. I'm not sure what you're asking though? Without that play maybe dallas loses despite winning the turnover battle. In which case my argument is the same, I would like to see dallas capitalize more off turnovers
I don't think you are to far off on your posts personally. But lets keep in mind this was week one. Romo didn't look as sharp as I would have liked & T. Williams dropped 3+ balls. Hope the DBs improve, but all in all. The score was close because the Cowboys go into waste time offense & defense vs. going for kills. If I have a gripe that is it. realistically though we owned the Giants last night. When it was time for the Defense to step up & get stops to stop Giants momentum we did that. Good news is we are only gonna improve from here. You actually look at it as a good thing that we have so many little things we can still improve on & we still won. Just imagine how much better this team will be in weeks to come. vs looking perfect this week & not having room for improvement.
Everyone will point out we won the turnover battle & that is why we won. & that is very much true, but what I noticed was we won the war of the trenches & that is huge, even when we don't win the turnover battles. That to me is the biggest thing to take from the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are to far off on your posts personally. But lets keep in mind this was week one. Romo didn't look as sharp as I would have liked & T. Williams dropped 3+ balls. Hope the DBs improve, but all in all. The score was close because the Cowboys go into waste time offense & defense vs. going for kills. If I have a gripe that is it. realistically though we owned the Giants last night. When it was time for the Defense to step up & get stops to stop Giants momentum we did that. Good news is we are only gonna improve from here. You actually look at it as a good thing that we have so many little things we can still improve on & we still won. Just imagine how much better this team will be in weeks to come. vs looking perfect this week & not having room for improvement.
Everyone will point out we won the turnover battle & that is why we won. & that is very much true, but what I noticed was we won the war of the trenches & that is huge, even when we don't win the turnover battles. That to me is the biggest thing to take from the game!

Like I said I am happy with the win. But we gottaa talk about something. In my original observations I pointed out some good and some bad. The defense overall played well. I really liked what I saw on the dline. All those guys were busting ass last night. Oline outside of MacB looked solid. Frederick looked very good in his first real game. Free was ok too. Lots to like overall. I already pointed out what I didn't like.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to all the obvious, I thought the OL did real well overall. Yes, there is room for improvement and there were some bad plays, but to think where we can be if Waters is near the player he once was...

Also, PDay, I agree it was the kids fault, but Romo had a role in that Int also IMO. He throws a hand signal with two seconds left on the play clock at a kid in the game for the first time ever (that also had a preseason injury that cost hijm practice time) and then takes the clock down to zero on the snap. That's just expecting problems even though the kid ran the wrong route. I wonder if that was a smart pass even if he did run the right pattern there. He also through a few balls in the red zone to an invisible man from what I was looking at. I can't give him an "A", but one thing about Romo that is not in dispute. He sucks it up and plays with pain and doesn't use it as an excuse.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, was I the only one that saw Witten puke on the sideline coming back from the half while they were showing Romo warming up to see if he could throw? If you DVR'd the game watch Witten on the bench behind Romo while he is warming up before the start of the second half...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, was I the only one that saw Witten puke on the sideline coming back from the half while they were showing Romo warming up to see if he could throw? If you DVR'd the game watch Witten on the bench behind Romo while he is warming up before the start of the second half...

wittensick.gif

apologies if any gets queasy

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...thanks Fordman. I guess I wasn't the only one to see it!!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a Qb being 4-30 for 25 yards if it means a win. The only stat I care about is the W-L record. Everything else is for armchair QB's and fantasy players.

I will take a 4- 30; 25 yard QB too if we get the win, however If we have a 4-30; 25 yard QB all 16 games I highly doubt we get many wins.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts:

-If the offensive line can hold up and Romo doesn't meltdown our offense is uncoverable. There are just too many quality weapons for a defense to contain them all. Our biggest weapon was irrelevant tonight and it didn't matter in the least.

-The line was serviceable for sure and I think if Waters is ready to be plugged in at RG we'll have a very solid line.

-Continuing a decade long trend, our biggest problem is still mindless mental errors. Wrong route running, stupid/untimely penalties. Gotta crack down on those or they'll cost us.

-As a whole the D looked very solid. Front 7 did a better job getting pressure on Eli than they have in the past few years. Barry Church looks like he's ready to fill the void at safety that has been plaguing us for years. Up until late in the game when Claiborne went down and they went no huddle I thought our secondary was very good. Carr barely had anything thrown to his side of the field for 3 quarters and I thought Mo was having a pretty decent game until the injury (he said his shoulder popped out, hopefully he's fine. My initial thought was please don't be a collarbone injury.)

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to all the obvious, I thought the OL did real well overall. Yes, there is room for improvement and there were some bad plays, but to think where we can be if Waters is near the player he once was...

Also, PDay, I agree it was the kids fault, but Romo had a role in that Int also IMO. He throws a hand signal with two seconds left on the play clock at a kid in the game for the first time ever (that also had a preseason injury that cost hijm practice time) and then takes the clock down to zero on the snap. That's just expecting problems even though the kid ran the wrong route. I wonder if that was a smart pass even if he did run the right pattern there. He also through a few balls in the red zone to an invisible man from what I was looking at. I can't give him an "A", but one thing about Romo that is not in dispute. He sucks it up and plays with pain and doesn't use it as an excuse.

:agree: Romo came back out & played hard with no excuses even though OL was trying to get him killed a couple of times, but not every other play like the bad old days. #1 pick is a keeper. Trenches won this game for us, and we'll see more production. DL was like the hounds of hell turned loose.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get the regressions as a passer statement. I thought he took what the defense gave him. I thought he made a bad throw on the 2 point conversion attempt and he rushed a quick screen to Harris. Im not trying to start firestorm here but I didnt the gunslinger mentality.

Maybe I prefer the Gunslinger...he was very gun shy last night. I also didn't like seeing him throw of his back foot thats a bad habit that seem to be getting worse.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like when he plays gunslinger too and takes some chances but Im just not sure he had a chance to do that last night. I mean the Giants played very cautious. They let our guys catch it and made the tackle. It wasnt like we were getting big chunks of Yards after the catch. To me it actually look like he grew up some and didnt force the issue. I have heard him blamed for being a dink and dunker and have heard him blamed for being a gunslinger. Just win.