• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my thoughts after week 1

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he's reptec or not, but it sure is funny thinking about reptec. You know being banned is killing him. I laugh with the thought he has to get on his phone, hide and stir softly.

In a way I kind of miss ole Rectum he wasn't that bad to me, I would trade the likes of ARAT & Bovey for him any day of the week........and of course twice on Sundays

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts. The media is stupid. Any garbage time TD like the one the Giants got last night is usually dismissed 99% of the time, but of course not for the Cowboys. The "Giants only losing by 5" argument is ridiculously weak yet constantly used ad nauseam in the past 12 hours. When the game was in doubt, the Cowboys made big plays. The Giants only had one successful drive when the Cowboys weren't in prevent-like defense and that was just before the half on the long TD to Cruz.

Prior to carr's late pick 6 the game was very much up for grabs. Thats my point.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to carr's late pick 6 the game was very much up for grabs. Thats my point.

I am interested in what is your take on the "Catfish" this year?

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of quick questions.

Pday- Romo said that the Giants played a new scheme on defense and rolled safeties over the top (taking away the deep stuff), how did it look in person?

Like others have said I would have liked to see more Harris operating in the holes underneath the safeties

And with all the rules added about hitting QBs didn't the hit on Romo look like he led with the crown of his helmet?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested in what is your take on the "Catfish" this year?

I don't really have one at this point. I dont follow them and I haven't seen them play. I hope rg3 comes back healthy. I also hope he throws 20 picks.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And when it was up for grabs, what did the Giants do?

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But overall I was very happy with the way both lines played. Really liked the way the line pass protected for the majority of the game. Frederick will have a different test next week with Poe lining up over him in the 3-4 that KC plays, hope Waters is ready too

Slants and skinny posts killed us, it was way too easy

Enjoyed watching the LBs flow to the run, think they will only get better as the season progresses. The D line surprised me too, can't wait to add Spencer to the mix

So SO SO happy they finally beat the Giants in Dallas

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when it was up for grabs, what did the Giants do?

My point was that if we are winning the turnover battle 5-1 and the game is still on the line with 1:30 to go in the 4th - something is wrong.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of quick questions.

Pday- Romo said that the Giants played a new scheme on defense and rolled safeties over the top (taking away the deep stuff), how did it look in person?

Like others have said I would have liked to see more Harris operating in the holes underneath the safeties

And with all the rules added about hitting QBs didn't the hit on Romo look like he led with the crown of his helmet?

Blaze, they rolled the coverage to Dez all night. Somebody over the top and many times a backer jumping a slant. You could say on several plays there were 3 guys assigned with something Dez. Tony clearly played very well and delivered the football where it shoulda been thrown. The pick was all rookie receiver. Romo gets an A from me.

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts. The media is stupid. Any garbage time TD like the one the Giants got last night is usually dismissed 99% of the time, but of course not for the Cowboys. The "Giants only losing by 5" argument is ridiculously weak yet constantly used ad nauseam in the past 12 hours. When the game was in doubt, the Cowboys made big plays. The Giants only had one successful drive when the Cowboys weren't in prevent-like defense and that was just before the half on the long TD to Cruz.

No, this is certainly not giving the Cowboys defense a pass, but the media is really doing a terrible job of spinning this game. The Giants had the ball not once, but twice when it was 30-24 and they did nothing.

This is exactly why I don't listen to or watch that shit

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was that if we are winning the turnover battle 5-1 and the game is still on the line with 1:30 to go in the 4th - something is wrong.

not at all....
how do you define Wilson's first strip inside the 10 when ny is going to score?

how bout murray busting his ass to tackle a guy on the 1 yard line and it's held by the defnse to 3 points?

how do you spin that in the woulda shoulda coulda camp?

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaze, they rolled the coverage to Dez all night. Somebody over the top and many times a backer jumping a slant. You could say on several plays there were 3 guys assigned with something Dez. Tony clearly played very well and delivered the football where it shoulda been thrown. The pick was all rookie receiver. Romo gets an A from me.

Ok thanks, they talked about it a little during the telecast but didn't really illustrate it well.

The pick hurt and I don't think Harris would have made the same mistake but I think Williams has the skillset and opportunity to make some big plays for this team. I'm writing it off as first game jitters

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all....
how do you define Wilson's first strip inside the 10 when ny is going to score?

how bout murray busting his ass to tackle a guy on the 1 yard line and it's held by the defnse to 3 points?

how do you spin that in the woulda shoulda coulda camp?

You point out some great plays. I loved murrays hustle on that play. Reminiscent of tyron smiths horse collar last year. Dont forget romo hustling to get in the way to slow up the defender so murray could make the tackle.

The strip by church was great. I'm not sure what you're asking though? Without that play maybe dallas loses despite winning the turnover battle. In which case my argument is the same, I would like to see dallas capitalize more off turnovers

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You point out some great plays. I loved murrays hustle on that play. Reminiscent of tyron smiths horse collar last year. Dont forget romo hustling to get in the way to slow up the defender so murray could make the tackle.

The strip by church was great. I'm not sure what you're asking though? Without that play maybe dallas loses despite winning the turnover battle. In which case my argument is the same, I would like to see dallas capitalize more off turnovers

On to the next one, this Win is in the bag, they can improve going forward......Better to build on a win no matter by how much, Style points gets you NOTHING in the NFL....:whistle:

#You Play to WIN the Game!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok thanks, they talked about it a little during the telecast but didn't really illustrate it well.

The pick hurt and I don't think Harris would have made the same mistake but I think Williams has the skillset and opportunity to make some big plays for this team. I'm writing it off as first game jitters

100% agree.....I'm just all about earning your reps and Harris has slown with his limited opportunities in the past. I fully understand the size, speed on the outside with Austin as a slot. That's three big strong dudes right there. I also understand the two tight end set to better balance a defense. I don't understand just fitting measureables and forcing the issue. Plays made should count for something. I hope they will soon. This was a 3rd round draft pick move....an opportunity to flash early. That's Jerry style and exactly how he'd defend the 2nd & 3rd round picks he made over need. Dallas has this desire to be something and sometimes the square pegs won't fit.

I'm not giving up on the Baylor kid. I just wonder if he knows what a GREAT opportunity he had last night....something Harris is still kinda waiting for.

Last edited by a moderator:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On to the next one, this Win is in the bag, they can improve going forward......Better to build on a win no matter by how much, Style points gets you NOTHING in the NFL....:whistle:

#You Play to WIN the Game!

I love the win. And I'm excited for K.C.. I really liked what I saw out of the defense and I see a lot of bright spots. Pday pointed out one of the brightest in nick hayden. He played great.

Oh and holloman found the football again yesterday.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me this is Twist vs. Eriko 2.0 :L. I don't think this board can handle that DRAMA AGAIN!! :gaah:

#CAN WE ALL JUST GET ALONG :suds:

nah, one thing is for sure...es4m11 is not eriko.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he's reptec or not, but it sure is funny thinking about reptec. You know being banned is killing him. I laugh with the thought he has to get on his phone, hide and stir softly.

Oh, he's been back. Been watching him as he changed his posting style, but saw the old reptec come out last night. PM'd him and he hasn't been back on yet, but no doubt about it he's back.

And no, I'm not talking about es4m11 being him. apratt21 is reptec.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way I kind of miss ole Rectum he wasn't that bad to me, I would trade the likes of ARAT & Bovey for him any day of the week........and of course twice on Sundays

That's funny, arat is reptec

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a Qb being 4-30 for 25 yards if it means a win. The only stat I care about is the W-L record. Everything else is for armchair QB's and fantasy players.