• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 49er mock draft rounds 1-7

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Many of you know that I was not the biggest supporter of the Corey Lemonier pick in the draft last year. Even though I had given him a 3rd round grade (and he was drafted within that range) I wasn't fully comfortable in getting him there. I always questioned his lateral movements and knew he'd have a hard time containing RBs on the edges if/when it was only he and the back facing each other in the open field. Also, I wasn't too impress with his overall pass rush skills, even though it wasn't bad at all.

Anyway, I don't envision Lemon ever becoming a viable threat for us that opposing teams have to gameplan against on any given Sunday. Unlike most of you, I am still looking for that OLB monster to lineup opposite of Aldon. A 2014 prospect that I think could reach that level (of course not as good as Aldon, but at least better than Brooks who's actually a good player) is Boise's Demarcus Lawrence. The guy has everything that Lemon lacks. The lateral movement, the agility, the instincts, and ability to keep up with shifty backs in the open field, an array of pass rush moves, etc.

If we could manage to draft this guy in the 4th round, I will be very happy. Not many people know of him but he will soon start to climb the draft boards very rapidly. Knowing that I think we should at least consider him in the 3rd (since we have three picks in the 3rd round), since we could afford to "reach" (for lack of better words) for him at that spot. I do question his closing speed though - maybe because I've been spoiled by Aldon's talent over the years and try to compare every OLB to him. Which is somewhat unfair...

Highlights really means crap when evaluating prospects, but certain things you can see in the film that does not deceive the eye. Things like his movement skills, and relentlessness/motor:

As suspected, he's climbing:

Demarcus Lawrence - DL - Broncos

Boise State DE Demarcus Lawrence impressed Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench with his quickness, conversion of speed to power, and bend.

Muench noted he especially liked Lawrence's matchup with Nevada's Joel Bitonio. Lawrence is starting to draw more attention, thanks to his nice initial punch and closing speed. He will likely draw a top two round grade.
Source: Steve Muench on Twitter

Feb 18 - 11:28 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As suspected, he's climbing:

Demarcus Lawrence - DL - Broncos

Boise State DE Demarcus Lawrence impressed Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench with his quickness, conversion of speed to power, and bend.

Muench noted he especially liked Lawrence's matchup with Nevada's Joel Bitonio. Lawrence is starting to draw more attention, thanks to his nice initial punch and closing speed. He will likely draw a top two round grade.
Source: Steve Muench on Twitter

Feb 18 - 11:28 AM

I think his stock will shoot up after the combine. I still like Murphy more though (not that the Niners need either one; an OLB is the last thing they need).

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think his advertising his personal business is going to effect his career in the NFL? I do. I think they'll find a way to get rid of this guy just like they did with Kluwe.

But Kluwe loves to hear himself talk and constantly does just that. I am glad they shut him up because he is annoying. Sam being gay doesn't mean he is going to be as vocal or pretentious about it as Kluwe.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the 49ers Top 7 that they are looking at.
1.Watkins
2.Evans
3. Benjamin
4.Beckham Jr.
5.Gilbert
6.Cooks
7.Hageman

I would be happy with either one of these guys. Word coming out of 49er camp is they really want to try and land Evans or Watkins. This would be awesome.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Here are the 49ers Top 7 that they are looking at.
1.Watkins
2.Evans

3. Benjamin
4.Beckham Jr.
5.Gilbert
6.Cooks
7.Hageman

I would be happy with either one of these guys. Word coming out of 49er camp is they really want to try and land Evans or Watkins. This would be awesome.

not to be "that guy", but where did you hear/read that? I just wanna know before I get blisters on both my hands..

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yea... yea.... from that..

making a fire the old fashioned way...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to be "that guy", but where did you hear/read that? I just wanna know before I get blisters on both my hands..

Some beat writer that follows the 49ers. I came across when I was looking up mock drafts. I wouldn't take it all as true but I can also see the 49ers looking at landing one of those guys. The top 2 are probably the 49ers dream picks but I don't think we trade up to land one of them.