• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 49er mock draft rounds 1-7

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This mock was based on what i thought they would need....

Calvin pryor S 6'2 208 lbs Louisville

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjDx1ysE7lw]2014 NFL Draft Profile: Calvin Pryor - Strengths and Weaknesses + Projection! - YouTube[/ame]

2. Second round: Chiefs (Alex Smith trade) - No. 24 (No. 56 overall)

Timmy-Jernigan-DT 6'2 292 lb's flordia state

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIiVKWC9uxQ]2014 NFL Draft Profile: Timmy Jernigan - Strengths and Weaknesses + Projection! - YouTube[/ame]

3. Second round: own - No. 29 (No. 61 overall)

kyle Fuller-Cb 6' 194 vigina tech

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8o-aandA74]Official Highlights | Virginia Tech DB Kyle Fuller - YouTube[/ame]

4. Third round: Titans (2013 draft trade) - No. 13 (No. 77 overall)

Brandon Coleman-wr 6'6 220 Rutgers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhPTLZ3Tdc]The Supreme Brandon Coleman Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

5. Third round: own - No. 30 (No. 94 overall)

Allen Robinson-wr...6'3 210 Penn state

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1go3MU9Cou4]Allen Robinson Penn State Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

6. Fourth round: own - No. 29

Tyler Larsen-C 6'4 312 lbs utah state

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhDUQlDPpRc]Tyler Larsen vs Northern Illinois (2013 Poinsettia Bowl) - YouTube[/ame]

7. Fourth round: Compensatory based on Dashon Goldson departure and free agency equation

Jimmy Garoppolo-qb 6'2 220 lbs eastern illinois

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xm-Ezr7E3Y]2014 NFL Draft Profile: Jimmy Garoppolo - Strengths and Weaknesses + Projection! - YouTube[/ame]

8. Fifth round: own - No. 30

James Morris-Mlb 6'2 240 lbs iowa

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUEhINsShAg]James Morris vs Iowa State 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

9. Sixth round: own - No. 29

Aaron Colvin-Cb 6' 192 lbs Oklahoma

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYw-Q4pgyWQ]Aaron Colvin OU Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

10. Seventh round: Saints (Parys Haralson trade) - No. 27

Colton-Underwood-DE 6'4 255 lbs illinois state

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_pdof5LM_I]Colton Underwood Football Hightlights - Defensive End Illinois State University - YouTube[/ame]

11. Seventh round: Panthers (Colin Jones trade) - No. 28

Trey Hopkinds-OG...6'4 300 lbs Texas

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDCqpl7EtSQ]Senior spotlight: Trey Hopkins [Oct. 3, 2013] - YouTube[/ame]

12. Seventh round: own - No. 30

Tommy rees-qb 6'1 215 lbs Notre dame

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did u mock the other teams too? or just hope it would fall this way, because i dont see pryor jernigan and fuller all being there that long

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was just hoping that they would fall to us.....i read a couple of mocks that said that Jernigan might fall to late second we won't know for sure until after the nfl combine

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jernigan has a first round grade in every ranking..........much less sliding to end of 2

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
i was just hoping that they would fall to us.....i read a couple of mocks that said that Jernigan might fall to late second we won't know for sure until after the nfl combine

Jernigan's not a good fit for the 3-4 defense anyway IMO.

I read something saying he'll be a top 5 pick, and you read he'll be there in the 2nd. Personally I thought he was a bit overrated going into the season. Either way he's not a good fit in SF IMO.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seen alot of places with robinson going in 1 or early two as well.........definitely hoping for some serious help

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I normally don't compare people to Calvin Johnson, because I honestly don't think anybody can compare, but good god :omg: His film literally jumped off the page and mirrored exactly what Calvin Johnson looked like at Georgia Tech. A physical freak, that's just gliding by people effortlessly. How this guy isn't getting any hype is beyond me. Obviously he didn't put up the kind of numbers you'd expect out of a talent like that. That's the only reason I'm seeing as to why he'll fall.

I really like this post. Very in-depth. But I have a question. 2 QBs. That's telling me that you don't trust Kaep? What's your explanation behind those picks? Overall though, very great drafting. Feel like that would help the 49ers in every way possible. Another player that jumped off the screen was; Aaron Colvin-Cb 6' 192 lbs Oklahoma. Very good instincts.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I normally don't compare people to Calvin Johnson, because I honestly don't think anybody can compare, but good god :omg: His film literally jumped off the page and mirrored exactly what Calvin Johnson looked like at Georgia Tech. A physical freak, that's just gliding by people effortlessly.

:L

You've got to stop watching highlight videos. Calvin Jonhson? Really? The single most gifted WR of all time has been compared to Brandon Coleman???

Brandon Coleman had 538 receiving yards this season. 4 TDs. Coleman isn't even close to as tough, quick or fast. Calvin had a vertical leap that was close to Lebron James'.

Brandon Coleman isn't even in Plaxico Burress territory in terms of athletic ability. He's a pretty good prospect who will make it in the NFL, but let's be realistic.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerrigan will be gone in the first round. Robinson might be drafted at the end of the first round or early second round.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've got to stop watching highlight videos. Calvin Jonhson? Really? The single most gifted WR of all time has been compared to Brandon Coleman???

Brandon Coleman had 538 receiving yards this season. 4 TDs. Coleman isn't even close to as tough, quick or fast. Calvin had a vertical leap that was close to Lebron James'.

Brandon Coleman isn't even in Plaxico Burress territory in terms of athletic ability. He's a pretty good prospect who will make it in the NFL, but let's be realistic.

First realize that it was just me being wowed by the film and it reminded of how Calvin looked at Georgia Tech. I see the physicality and the break away speed. I understand that nobody is close to Calvin, and probably never will be. It was just a wow moment for me. You don't see many big receivers playing like that.

Second, Plaxico Burress? Really? Burress never had any break away ability. I can see that in this guy. I think we need a better comparison. All I meant was his film was comparable to some of what Calvin did at Georgia Tech. I would never truly close compare someone to Calvin, because nobody will ever compare. I'm one of the biggest Calvin Johnson supporters you will find, because he was the best thing to ever happen to Georgia Tech minus Heisman and Dodd.

Sorry for the confusion lol. But this guy just looks really good talent wise. He's like a Stephen Hill kind of prospect. The WR for the Jets. Not a lot of production, but an elite talent.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I normally don't compare people to Calvin Johnson, because I honestly don't think anybody can compare, but good god :omg: His film literally jumped off the page and mirrored exactly what Calvin Johnson looked like at Georgia Tech. A physical freak, that's just gliding by people effortlessly. How this guy isn't getting any hype is beyond me. Obviously he didn't put up the kind of numbers you'd expect out of a talent like that. That's the only reason I'm seeing as to why he'll fall.

I really like this post. Very in-depth. But I have a question. 2 QBs. That's telling me that you don't trust Kaep? What's your explanation behind those picks? Overall though, very great drafting. Feel like that would help the 49ers in every way possible. Another player that jumped off the screen was; Aaron Colvin-Cb 6' 192 lbs Oklahoma. Very good instincts.

We will probably bring in a veteran qb((Kellen Clemens) is a guy that i like i thought he did well with the rams last season...The only qb's we have on the roster is Keap and Thompson..... Jimmy Garoppolo and rees could battle it out in camp with thompson for the third spot qb spot

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
First realize that it was just me being wowed by the film and it reminded of how Calvin looked at Georgia Tech. I see the physicality and the break away speed. I understand that nobody is close to Calvin, and probably never will be. It was just a wow moment for me. You don't see many big receivers playing like that.

Second, Plaxico Burress? Really? Burress never had any break away ability.

Neither does Coleman. He's beating up on small college CBs. I've seen it a million times. Burress was actually pretty fast; he was certainly faster than Coleman.

He doesn't really have the physical ability of a Stephen Hill either. He's more polished than Hill, but you'll see at the combine this guy isn't the freak his highlight video makes him out to be.

Pay attention to his vertical, broad jump and 10-yard slit. That'll show explosive speed (or lack thereof if they're bad). He could be a good possession receiver like Keenan Allen if he gets the right QB like Keenan Allen (although I liked Allen much more than I like Coleman).

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will probably bring in a veteran qb((Kellen Clemens) is a guy that i like i thought he did well with the rams last season...The only qb's we have on the roster is Keap and Thompson..... Jimmy Garoppolo and rees could battle it out in camp with thompson for the third spot qb spot

If Garoppolo ends up being a 2nd round grade though, wouldn't that send the wrong message to Keap? I don't think you pick a backup QB any higher than round 5, unless your team lacks holes, which is very rare, or you have an aging starter and need to bring someone in to be ready like the Giants did last year with Nassib.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither does Coleman. He's beating up on small college CBs. I've seen it a million times. Burress was actually pretty fast; he was certainly faster than Coleman.

He doesn't really have the physical ability of a Stephen Hill either. He's more polished than Hill, but you'll see at the combine this guy isn't the freak his highlight video makes him out to be.

Pay attention to his vertical, broad jump and 10-yard slit. That'll show explosive speed (or lack thereof if they're bad). He could be a good possession receiver like Keenan Allen if he gets the right QB like Keenan Allen (although I liked Allen much more than I like Coleman).

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess and I'll keep an eye out at on his workouts and see how he does. Its just the tape caught my eye and now I'm interested to see this guy.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Garoppolo ends up being a 2nd round grade though, wouldn't that send the wrong message to Keap? I don't think you pick a backup QB any higher than round 5, unless your team lacks holes, which is very rare, or you have an aging starter and need to bring someone in to be ready like the Giants did last year with Nassib.

We don't have a good established QB yet though. Kap hasn't been getting a whole lot of messages yet, and he's already in his mid 20s.

Anyway, I would be fine with a QB with any one of our draft picks, including the 1st rounder if the right guy is there.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
did u mock the other teams too? or just hope it would fall this way, because i dont see pryor jernigan and fuller all being there that long

This is why I tend not to pay any attention to mocks that are created by fans. This sort of things happens every year that I've been a member of a given message board. Currently Jernigan is being talked about as as a possible top 10 pick, yet he falls to us that far in the draft according to this mock. Robinson is another player who is currently projected to go in the late first / early 2nd range. Not that I like him, but there's no way I see him fall that far. Again, he's projected to go in the late first early second round range. Yet, he falls to us in the 3rd?

Furthermore, we then we decide to overload so early with that particular position (WR). I mean, unless they know for fact that Patton will not get on the field in 2014, why go with two WRs this early? I would understand this logic much better if a WR goes in the 2nd and another one in the 6th, but for you to go WR so early in the process that high, it's an indicator that you expect those two players to contribute very early (a la Keenan Allen) which would then leave Patton as the odd man out to get on the field along side Crabs and Bolbin. Again every year I get amuse seeing these sort of things from fans - people choose to ignore players' stock who are rising or falling. Based on the players that are available to us in this mock draft, clearly it shows that only 16 teams were invited to the actual draft. Commissioner Goodell must have found a way to suspend the other 16 teams.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jernigan's not a good fit for the 3-4 defense anyway IMO.

I read something saying he'll be a top 5 pick, and you read he'll be there in the 2nd. Personally I thought he was a bit overrated going into the season. Either way he's not a good fit in SF IMO.

He's not the best fit for a 3-4 if you look at him strictly as a NT, I would agree with that. However, the guy is very talented and I could see him having a lot of success as a 5 technique end just like Sheldon Richardson. They are almost identical in terms of their size and strength.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

In addition to that in Calvin's junior year he had 76 receptions for 1,202 yards and 15 TDs. He posted those numbers with a RB by the name of Reggie Ball throwing him the ball, since they didn't have a QB on their team. And he was consistently being double teamed by every defense in the ACC.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have a good established QB yet though. Kap hasn't been getting a whole lot of messages yet, and he's already in his mid 20s.

Anyway, I would be fine with a QB with any one of our draft picks, including the 1st rounder if the right guy is there.

That's a big stance to take. I applaud you for that :suds: What would your definition be then? Because I'm sure there are quite a few teams that would love to have Kaep. His natural talent is undeniable. I do agree that talented doesn't = established. His numbers: 31 TDs, 16 Turnovers. Almost 2 to one ratio. I'd say that's pretty established as good QB play. I understand that he does have his erratic times where he does something baffling, but every young QB does that. Even Luck.