• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MVP Poll

Who is your NFL MVP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio that no other player in NFL history has won this award 8 times

Aaron Rodgers named NFC Offensive Player of the Month

Packers QB posted 122.0 passer rating over final five regular-season games
170105-nfc-potm-950.jpg

GREEN BAY -- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers has been named the NFC's Offensive Player of the Month for the final month of the 2016 regular season.

Over the last five games -- from Dec. 4 through Jan. 1 -- Rodgers completed 112-of-161 passes for 1,354 yards with 13 touchdowns and no interceptions for a 122.0 passer rating in leading the Packers to a 5-0 record and their fifth NFC North title in the last six years.

The Packers also secured a playoff berth for an eighth consecutive season, and the team has qualified for the playoffs every year that Rodgers has been a starting QB except his first.

For the season, Rodgers established career highs in pass attempts (610), completions (401) and rushing yards (369) while leading the NFL in TD passes with 40. He surpassed 4,000 passing yards for a franchise-record sixth time.

Rodgers was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week twice during the month, for his performances against Seattle and Minnesota, giving him that honor for a franchise-record 15 times in his career.

This marks the eighth time in his career he has been named NFC Offensive Player of the Month. He earned it once each season in 2009, '10, '12, and '14, and three times in his first MVP season of 2011.
Does Aron even lift? Looks like a toothpick attached to his chest.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. Maybe David Johnson should win.... he's so good he made 1st team AND 2nd team All Pro. That's impressive

He won't get it since his team was trash this season. ATL finished in 3rd in terms of wins and won their division while Ryan had the best QBR. Since MVP voting is more representative of the team and less of the individual the vote totals might change a little and it should be close but I expect it to be him unless many were persuaded by the run the table stuff by Rodgers. If there are 50 voters then I can see Ryan obtaining 20 Rodgers and Brady should split at around 12-15 votes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers. Touchdowns count most. The rest of his offense was banged up all year and he delivered. Especially the final two weeks. Carried the defense, too.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep he lifts big ass pay checks. Imagine like 1.5 mill for 3 hrs on a Sunday and some practice

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure he does something but in terms of being built his brother looked jacked but now he's on some reality TV show and Rodgers is lifting MVP awards and super bowl trophies.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he does something but in terms of being built his brother looked jacked but now he's on some reality TV show and Rodgers is lifting MVP awards and super bowl trophies.

Lets not exaggerate with the plural :suds:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that when we debate what team can win the NFC many many people here tell me Atlanta can't win because their defense is so bad yet many of those same people like the Packers chances yet when debating MVP all I hear is how terrible the Green Bay defense is and that's why those same individuals think Rodgers should win.... seems legit

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting that when we debate what team can win the NFC many many people here tell me Atlanta can't win because their defense is so bad yet many of those same people like the Packers chances yet when debating MVP all I hear is how terrible the Green Bay defense is and that's why those same individuals think Rodgers should win.... seems legit

During the 4 game stretch the defense was at an all time low since Dom Capers became defensive coordinator. They were unable to adjust to the 3-4 injuries in the secondary. Since the return of some of the secondary players and improvement in some rookies the defense went from 38 ppg allowed in the 4 game losing stretch to 12.7 ppg (-1.5 Q's of garbage time vs Bears, Vikes and Lions) over the 6 wins #runthetable stretch. I would say ATL's defense was slightly worse throughout the season and never really improved while GB's defense improved in the second half. They force more TO's and have an excellent front 7 and two solid safeties with one great corner in Gunter and one good slot corner. The second year high draft choices in Randall and Rollins have been terrible this year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the 4 game stretch the defense was at an all time low since Dom Capers became defensive coordinator. They were unable to adjust to the 3-4 injuries in the secondary. Since the return of some of the secondary players and improvement in some rookies the defense went from 38 ppg allowed in the 4 game losing stretch to 12.7 ppg (-1.5 Q's of garbage time vs Bears, Vikes and Lions) over the 6 wins #runthetable stretch. I would say ATL's defense was slightly worse throughout the season and never really improved while GB's defense improved in the second half. They force more TO's and have an excellent front 7 and two solid safeties with one great corner in Gunter and one good slot corner. The second year high draft choices in Randall and Rollins have been terrible this year.
Atlantas defense is giving up about 13 ppg in their last 6 if we are subtracting garbage time TD'S but the point is people are saying Rodgers carried them to a 6-0 finish which, as you pointo out yourself, is not true. The D is the reason GB started winning. Rodgers played great this year but if the D wouldn't have improved even his great play still would've equaled 7 or 8 wins

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan would be my pick, followed by Rodgers.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fo rm

I don't think your defense has as much bearing as Ryan's past performance in playoffs 3 one and dones and the 1-1 in 12 so 1-4 record 9tds/7int is on minds. Now I understand that is in the past, different HC but need to get over the hump. Dalton is another QB that seems to fade in playoffs. Ryan madeAll Pro team and will win MVP imo

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlantas defense is giving up about 13 ppg in their last 6 if we are subtracting garbage time TD'S but the point is people are saying Rodgers carried them to a 6-0 finish which, as you pointo out yourself, is not true. The D is the reason GB started winning. Rodgers played great this year but if the D wouldn't have improved even his great play still would've equaled 7 or 8 wins

They played the Cards, 49ers and Rams which have pathetic offenses and were out of the postseason. The Panthers and Aints were already eliminated from the postseason. The one legit game vs a playoff team with a good offense was KC and they gave up 29 points and lost.

If the D continued to get hammered for 38 ppg then yes we wouldn't have run the table. It was a combination of defense and offense that improved during the stretch.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fo rm

I don't think your defense has as much bearing as Ryan's past performance in playoffs 3 one and dones and the 1-1 in 12 so 1-4 record 9tds/7int is on minds. Now I understand that is in the past, different HC but need to get over the hump. Dalton is another QB that seems to fade in playoffs. Ryan madeAll Pro team and will win MVP imo
That's reasonable although Ryan's struggles are slightly overblown. In 2012 he played really quite well in the playoffs. People forget that his first 3 playoff games came when he was 25 or younger ( another point to Dallas fans who think having a young QB isn't going to matter). Matt seems older than he is because he's been starting from day 1. The reality is he's only 31. I'm hoping with the experience he's gained added with the fact he played well in his last playoffs we will not hear anymore about this next year but ultimately you need to win. If he plays great and they lose it'll still be on him perception wise

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played the Cards, 49ers and Rams which have pathetic offenses and were out of the postseason. The Panthers and Aints were already eliminated from the postseason. The one legit game vs a playoff team with a good offense was KC and they gave up 29 points and lost.

If the D continued to get hammered for 38 ppg then yes we wouldn't have run the table. It was a combination of defense and offense that improved during the stretch.
Defense gave up 13 to KC. And New Orleans is a top tier offense who did jack until Atlanta was up 25. Plus you guys didn't play any great offenses in your streak either. The point is that you can't claim 2 different things based on what argument youre trying to make. Either the D was playing better and that's why you started winning or the D is still hugely suspect

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's reasonable although Ryan's struggles are slightly overblown. In 2012 he played really quite well in the playoffs. People forget that his first 3 playoff games came when he was 25 or younger ( another point to Dallas fans who think having a young QB isn't going to matter). Matt seems older than he is because he's been starting from day 1. The reality is he's only 31. I'm hoping with the experience he's gained added with the fact he played well in his last playoffs we will not hear anymore about this next year but ultimately you need to win. If he plays great and they lose it'll still be on him perception wise

Not sure about that now since he is first team All Pro team QB and most likely MVP

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife watched that show, and his brother wore girl pants and had Bieber hair.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife watched that show, and his brother wore girl pants and had Bieber hair.

Whats weird is that supposedly Aaron hasn't talked to his brother or family for 2 years and skipped grandfather's funeral.