• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ Tigers: June 8th - 10th

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit does have some great young pitching, just a matter if those guys can put it together. Mize has looked pretty solid since the last time he faced Seattle a few weeks ago. I imagine you guys will try and trade Boyd before the deadline? Tigers started their process a tad before the Mariners but I know it hasnt progressed super fast either.

Not sure if they will move Boyd or not but they should if the price is right. Key point being the latter. They've made several moves like moving JD Martinez where they got absolutely fleeced in the deal. Or like Castellanos as well.

So yea...they started their process earlier but I think about any novice baseball fan could've gotten a better return on their talent than their front office did from 2015 to 2019

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if they will move Boyd or not but they should if the price is right. Key point being the latter. They've made several moves like moving JD Martinez where they got absolutely fleeced in the deal. Or like Castellanos as well.

So yea...they started their process earlier but I think about any novice baseball fan could've gotten a better return on their talent than their front office did from 2015 to 2019
Well you are in the right forum for fans whose teams get fleeced.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I just say WHAT IS THIS MAN SMOKING?

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dip will say just about anything to keep his job. ( and keep support with the fan base )...... Actions speak much louder than words Jerry.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Bauers couldn't wear #24...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It used to be I would pretty much know everyone by name in the line-up including the pen, but since Dip and Servais took over, it seems like almost every game I see someone I've never heard of before. Seager is the only one who's been around any length of time and I've never been really that excited about him either. Things have really changed. One thing that hasn't changed-Mariners miserable win/loss record. :trash:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with Goldsmith's Dip n Dots?? Gawd, the dude is obsessed with talking about them. :noidea:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with Goldsmith's Dip n Dots?? Gawd, the dude is obsessed with talking about them. :noidea:
Ice cream of the future!!!! I've heard that for 20+ years as well

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with..marmo sent down..and.white out..this is a good trade...giving france a chance at..DH..again..where i think ..he is better
06/10/21Cleveland Indians traded DH Jake Bauers to Seattle Mariners for Player To Be Named Later.
but...who..is ..a player ..named later...i see teams trade that guy all the time...lololol

yeah they needed a Lh..bat..that would play

baurs..is still young for a guy in the big leagues for 3 years...he is only 25...just think about that..he has talent

i watched him come up the tampa bay minors latter..strait to the big leagues..then traded to cleveland

and now

seattle

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so baurs..fits ..at 1B/LF./Dh...better than marmo...so it is an upgrade
and
Donovan Walton 31..is up..a Lh hitter as well
and
Shed Long Jr. 4.and Jake Fraley 28..are finally..back..and doing ok..
so im hoping..the offence will start picking up

but..the pitching has been falling apart....for a good while now..first ..the rotation........then the bull pen...marco has not seemed to be... on..... all year
flexen..was doing well...but prob needs to adjust..at this point
kikuchi..is actually better this year...so far

sheffield is struggling
dunn doing well...but he is out
gilbert..is about where he should be.........

still the bull pen..is not what it was..at the start..of the season

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I just say WHAT IS THIS MAN SMOKING?

Notice there is no mention Seager or Haniger. That either means they are not in the M's future or the future he is talking about is 10 years from now...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a bullpen day, we lose

Opponent has a bullpen day, they win

... go figure...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice there is no mention Seager or Haniger. That either means they are not in the M's future or the future he is talking about is 10 years from now...
Well that was kind of a given though wasn’t it? I mean it is definitely something you shouldn’t say out loud because you need them to be the “vet”. But another foot in mouth moment. But I always find it dumb when anyone especially from the front office tries to name names for the future. What was it two springs ago when Jerry flat out said the season was pointless then they went straight to Seager and he essentially said F that.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hunch is Haniger traded / departs this season and the Mariners DO NOT pick up Seagers option of $20mil or whatever it is for his final 'option' year on his current contract with the club.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hunch is Haniger traded / departs this season and the Mariners DO NOT pick up Seagers option of $20mil or whatever it is for his final 'option' year on his current contract with the club.
My stance on this has always been if you let them go, it basically just means you are yet again pushing back the goal posts in terms of competing. If this was the original plan why not trade Seagar, Marco and Haniger two years ago when their value was higher? Or is this just Dipoto again talking out of his ass when it comes to the real timeline. Reminder he has said on his own accord things like; "This is a 3 year Rebuild," "Our goal is to compete for a playoff spot in 2021," to last month saying "It would be tough to compete for a playoff this year."

Seagar you can just let walk but the issue is there is no heir apparent in the system anytime soon. I know he drives us crazy at times but you arent gonna find a better value on the market. He's likely headed for a 3 WAR season which is probably costs you 18-20 mil a year in this market. Seagar's production isnt super far off from Manny Machado's the last 2.5 years ( 5.7 WAR vs. 7 WAR)

Haniger, I have no idea why there's opinions out there that he will fetch some sort nice package in a trade. He's 30 years old and needs to be paid in the next 15 months. Yea he's having a good year but I think a corner OF who can hit but lacks defense isn't super hard to find so I still maintain you are better off holding on him.

But yeah long story short, getting rid of them just gives this team a pass to be bad and not spend for at least another 2 years which fuck that imo

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My stance on this has always been if you let them go, it basically just means you are yet again pushing back the goal posts in terms of competing. If this was the original plan why not trade Seagar, Marco and Haniger two years ago when their value was higher? Or is this just Dipoto again talking out of his ass when it comes to the real timeline. Reminder he has said on his own accord things like; "This is a 3 year Rebuild," "Our goal is to compete for a playoff spot in 2021," to last month saying "It would be tough to compete for a playoff this year."

Seagar you can just let walk but the issue is there is no heir apparent in the system anytime soon. I know he drives us crazy at times but you arent gonna find a better value on the market. He's likely headed for a 3 WAR season which is probably costs you 18-20 mil a year in this market. Seagar's production isnt super far off from Manny Machado's the last 2.5 years ( 5.7 WAR vs. 7 WAR)

Haniger, I have no idea why there's opinions out there that he will fetch some sort nice package in a trade. He's 30 years old and needs to be paid in the next 15 months. Yea he's having a good year but I think a corner OF who can hit but lacks defense isn't super hard to find so I still maintain you are better off holding on him.

But yeah long story short, getting rid of them just gives this team a pass to be bad and not spend for at least another 2 years which fuck that imo

Mariners do not make logical trade decisions and are their own worst enemy when it comes to shuffling around a MLB roster.
Seems they are always 'betting on the come' and lately ( past few years ) are stashing away money building a war chest for who knows what ( do you really believe they will splash the pot and acquire crucial veteran pieces moving forward - hahahahahaha some Friday humor )

My fear is they are trying to pull an Astros / White Sox wanna be, and assemble a team of young players who perform far above expectations who they acquired on the cheap. Yea catching lightning in a bottle is possible ... but it rarely happens.

I guess time will tell, thus far the Kelenic experiment is a total flop. Lets hope he is not another Dustin Ackley who raked in the minors and just was never able to hit in the bigs.

The Mariners are at the peak of what they have been for a near 20yr run. A semi talented group of ball players who languish around the .500 win % and never seem to be able to get over that hump when the opportunity to win and advance into the post season appears to be within their reach.