• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mozgov just signed by the lakers for 64 million

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Deng deal is a solid deal, even at 4 years. He is versatile, and he can stretch the floor, and is a solid veteran. You could package Deng for a sign and trade or a straight trade and the other team might find his ROI fine.

The Mozgiv deal made little sense unless it was a short contract. Nobody will want Mozgiv when he is 33, 34 or 35. That contract just eats up 4 years.

I think that the logic behind the Mozgov deal has to do with Zubac as much as anything. Zubac is considered a first round talent that fell to round 2 because he was unwilling to be a "Euro-stash" guy.

I think the idea is that he can start and mentor Zubac for a couple of seasons and then come off the bench for a couple of seasons. Also, there's supposed to be an amnesty coming in the next CBA, so they can use that if necessary.

Interestingly, the word out here has been that Luke was actually more interested in Mozgov than the FO.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the logic behind the Mozgov deal has to do with Zubac as much as anything. Zubac is considered a first round talent that fell to round 2 because he was unwilling to be a "Euro-stash" guy.

I think the idea is that he can start and mentor Zubac for a couple of seasons and then come off the bench for a couple of seasons. Also, there's supposed to be an amnesty coming in the next CBA, so they can use that if necessary.

Interestingly, the word out here has been that Luke was actually more interested in Mozgov than the FO.

That's the justification I'm going with as well. The front office must be really high on Zubac.

What do you think of Nikola Jovanovic? He's on the Lakers summer league roster and looks like a fairly mobile big with a decent jumper.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the justification I'm going with as well. The front office must be really high on Zubac.

What do you think of Nikola Jovanovic? He's on the Lakers summer league roster and looks like a fairly mobile big with a decent jumper.

I like him. He's a Vucevic type player. I don't know if he'll be as good. But definitely could be a serviceable big.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him. He's a Vucevic type player. I don't know if he'll be as good. But definitely could be a serviceable big.

So how pissed off are you that Roy Hibbert left LA-LA Land for Charlotte?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how they try to replace Hibbert. I think he'll be greatly missed in Lakerland.

Yeah, that end of the bench he was sitting on might miss him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying that you know the difference between Shaq and Bogut is not really an indication of basketball knowledge.

Bogut is a quality player, but his contributions don't always show up on the stat sheet and he did not match up well at all with the Cavs.

So what's your point?

I know all of that. I am not arguing the value of Bogut. I haven't watch his career that much, and most likely would have chosen the guy over Mozgov if given the choice after reviewing the reports and stats on both of them, but It wasn't my choice and I think the Lakers got the best available at the time. They already knew that tier one players were not coming to Los Angeles and they paid extra for players that can help. If the Lakers can get 30 wins next season - then they can improve. Shaq can't help the Lakers since he is retired and Bogut isn't going to since he is already on another team. I like what the Lakers have done this year - it's an improvement

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that end of the bench he was sitting on might miss him.
I kind of liked Hibbert and I think he could contribute if not paid too highly but with Mozgov and Zivak - I doubt that Hibbert is needed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what's your point?

I know all of that. I am not arguing the value of Bogut. I haven't watch his career that much, and most likely would have chosen the guy over Mozgov if given the choice after reviewing the reports and stats on both of them, but It wasn't my choice and I think the Lakers got the best available at the time. They already knew that tier one players were not coming to Los Angeles and they paid extra for players that can help. If the Lakers can get 30 wins next season - then they can improve. Shaq can't help the Lakers since he is retired and Bogut isn't going to since he is already on another team. I like what the Lakers have done this year - it's an improvement

You said that you know the difference between Shaq and Bogut in trying to defend that you know basketball. My 4 year old son knows the difference between Shaq and Bogut.

@wildturkey's point, and one I agree with, is that a knowledgeable fan sees that there is a deep chasm between Bogut and Mozgov. They are not comparable and stats don't tell the story.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that you know the difference between Shaq and Bogut in trying to defend that you know basketball. My 4 year old son knows the difference between Shaq and Bogut.

@wildturkey's point, and one I agree with, is that a knowledgeable fan sees that there is a deep chasm between Bogut and Mozgov. They are not comparable and stats don't tell the story.
Well there's a deep chasm between the Lakers and the Warriors too - everyone knows this. That's nothing new and it isn't anything new. I am not arguing with you - I think the Lakers made some small steps that was good. If you are butt hurt because I said Bogut's name instead of Mozgov's, My bad - I didn't know anyone was worshipping him as God

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's a deep chasm between the Lakers and the Warriors too - everyone knows this. That's nothing new and it isn't anything new. I am not arguing with you - I think the Lakers made some small steps that was good. If you are butt hurt because I said Bogut's name instead of Mozgov's, My bad - I didn't know anyone was worshipping him as God

Butt hurt? No, LOL.

Really I was just trying to point out that your comment about Shaq vs. Bogut was silly at best. This was never supposed to be about Bogut.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how they try to replace Hibbert. I think he'll be greatly missed in Lakerland.

You must have not watched many Lakers game. He was horrible.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butt hurt? No, LOL.

Really I was just trying to point out that your comment about Shaq vs. Bogut was silly at best. This was never supposed to be about Bogut.
Sometimes I give a nonsensical answer to person who I don't feel deserves an honest one so yes it was silly

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.
I have been visiting and posting in haste today. Tomorrow is deadline and what I get paid depends on work turned in since Im in commission. I take little breaks and they are very fast and little breaks - lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna saaaayyy...not at ALL...:dhd:

WHOEVER ends up with that cat, more power to 'em...

I am trying to figure out why any Lakers fan would be pissed about a player that helped the Lakers win only 14 games, leaving.:puzzled: