• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mozgov just signed by the lakers for 64 million

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising...

112 million now on Clarkson and Mozgov.

The PG that can't pass/SG that can't shoot and the 11th man on the Cavs in the finals. :clap:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The raptors just signed Derozan to 138 million

They were just bashing him in the playoffs for not being able to shoot

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chandler Parsons agrees to four-year, $94M deal with Memphis.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising...

The PG that can't pass/SG that can't shoot and the 11th man on the Cavs in the finals. :clap:

Clarkson is improving. He had some very good months shooting from deep and some not as good ones. He shot 34.7% from deep after shooting 31.4% his rookie season. He's a gym rat. I fully expect that percentage to rise again.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is improving. He had some very good months shooting from deep and some not as good ones. He shot 34.7% from deep after shooting 31.4% his rookie season. He's a gym rat. I fully expect that percentage to rise again.

I know more joking there and surprised where money is than anything. While he was better from downtown when they took away the point duties he really struggled with his midrange. Not sure that SG is the spot for him defensively, that got ugly at times. But I think he'd be a fine role player/6th man type guy on a good roster. And he did have a strong finish to the year.

I would say he did struggle being as effective this year as he was the year before. I am not one to wholly rely on advanced stats, but what I saw is reflected in them. He dropped in Ortg, Drtg, VORP, BPM, DPM, OBPM, WS, WS/48 mins, DWS, OWS, EFG%, TS%, FT%, FG%, and his per 36 minute stats in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, getting to the line, all fell off, scoring barely moved up, despite shooting a lot more and a lot more shots being off assists rather than trying to create himself. I'd like to see a guy in his second year become more efficient, more than just he got more minutes and did the same.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know more joking there and surprised where money is than anything. While he was better from downtown when they took away the point duties he really struggled with his midrange. Not sure that SG is the spot for him defensively, that got ugly at times. But I think he'd be a fine role player/6th man type guy on a good roster. And he did have a strong finish to the year.

I would say he did struggle being as effective this year as he was the year before. I am not one to wholly rely on advanced stats, but what I saw is reflected in them. He dropped in Ortg, Drtg, VORP, BPM, DPM, OBPM, WS, WS/48 mins, DWS, OWS, EFG%, TS%, FT%, FG%, and his per 36 minute stats in rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, getting to the line, all fell off, scoring barely moved up, despite shooting a lot more and a lot more shots being off assists rather than trying to create himself. I'd like to see a guy in his second year become more efficient, more than just he got more minutes and did the same.

Some of those stats did increase like eFG% and Drtg. Based on watching him play, he looked improved regardless of the stats. Better handle. Better decision making. One thing to take into account when comparing seasons is the roster. He was putting up his numbers his first season on a decimated team. Season 2 he's dealing with the Kobe tour and a rookie PG taking away a lot of his opportunities. This coming season will show a lot about Clarkson in a bigger role with Kobe gone.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those stats did increase like eFG% and Drtg. Based on watching him play, he looked improved regardless of the stats. Better handle. Better decision making. One thing to take into account when comparing seasons is the roster. He was putting up his numbers his first season on a decimated team. Season 2 he's dealing with the Kobe tour and a rookie PG taking away a lot of his opportunities. This coming season will show a lot about Clarkson in a bigger role with Kobe gone.

You are right on EFG% my bad, .03% better. Drtg did go up as well, but up is more points allowed per 100 possessions, so that's not a good thing.

The better handle/better decision making is him not playing PG. I agree he lost opportunities there, and I think that is a very good thing, Russell clearly was better. He was really bad doing that. And better decision making is debatable even. That assist to turnover ratio really dropped there.

I fully agree talking about the roster. Of which he was a big part of their failure to succeed. Go back about 5 years, and Gerald Henderson is a really close example to Clarkson. 15 points, 4 boards 2.3 assists... Almost identical 24 year old. What happens when he gets on a competitive roster? His role is greatly reduced. Dion Waiters is a similar one. Or Wayne Ellington. Career 5 point a game guy until he gets to non-Lebron Cleveland or LA when they are bad, then he's a 10 a game. Or MCW. Or Beasley blowing up in MN

It's really tough to make a call on those guys that can score ok for a really bad team but really don't move the needle anywhere else. Maybe he is another Isiah Thomas (Celtics version). But you see a lot of those guys like him when their team gets better or they move to a better team become players who go from using all their talents on a bad team, to only having 1-2 things they do well enough to get minutes on a good team. When a guy always comes up really low in all the advanced methods of ranking players but has a lot of minutes and some decent scoring for a bad team shows up.

You're a laker fan, you've seen those guys. Ariza, Farmar, bad Lakers Walton vs. good Lakers Walton, Hunter... The guy buried on the bench on a good team who when the talent falls off and he gets minutes starts doing a lot more and when the talent is back, goes deep on the bench again.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming season will show a lot about Clarkson in a bigger role with Kobe gone.

And that's kind of exactly my point, more talent falls off and he gets more minutes. Doesn't really do any better, actually probably worse with that starters load on his shoulders, but the minutes and usage cover up the sin and we go "oh wow, 18 points a game, he's progressing"

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising...

Clarkson got 4 years and 50 million.....a steal when You consider Evan Turner got 4 years and 70 million. Fournier got 5 years and 85 million.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson got 4 years and 50 million.....a steal when You consider Evan Turner got 4 years and 70 million. Fournier got 5 years and 85 million.

Oh yeah, it's amazing what players are getting on this cap. Fournier 85 mil... Wow.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard 3 year 75 mill to Atlanta...discuss

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand some of the reasons the Lakers signed Mozgov....but i dont know how you couldve scouted the guy the last few months and thought he was worth that kind of money. He was absolutely unplayable late in the season.

Hopefully he gets his confidence back for the Lakers, gets and stays healthy- and gives the young players some confidence on the defensive end. I just cant believe the length of this contract.

If the Lakers do have a couple of their young guys work out and are able to attract FA's - Mozgov is gonna be sucking up nearly 20% of their cap....thats the main thing i dont like about this deal. 2 years okay...3 years is still a bummer and a little long- but whatever i guess---- 4 years- until this guy is 34...seems pretty crazy for a guy who's best stretch by far was the 45 game stretch with the Cavs when they got him at the trade deadline 2 years ago when he went 10 pts, 7 boards.

Guys just dont start having career years at year 30....I think he might be able to play some good ball....but DJ is fucking delusional if he thinks Mozgov is gonna average near a double double.

29 guys averaged at least 8 boards a game last year. I will bet my left testicle Mozgov does not do so this year.

if you count Gortat and Love at 9.9 rebounds (and round up .1)- there were 11 guys that averaged a double double alst year.....obviously 9 if you dont count those guys...once again....no fucking chance Mozgov is one of something like between 9 and 14 guys that averages a double double in any given year.

I dont think its a bad signing and i see some sense in it....but DJ's expectations are bat shit crazy.