• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West seeking partnership with PAC12

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do you and B4L always ride the same bike?

dumb.jpg

No, they don't. Smiles refuses to admit Boise's schedule sucks while B4L is willing to admit it could be better. They are 2 Boise fans from different worlds. B4L tends to be more realistic while Smiles is fanatically blue brained.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, do you and B4L always ride the same bike?

dumb.jpg

No, they don't. Smiles refuses to admit Boise's schedule sucks while B4L is willing to admit it could be better. They are 2 Boise fans from different worlds. B4L tends to be more realistic while Smiles is fanatically blue brained.

So, which one is steering the bike? :laugh3:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lame:

Other than the minor point that he is totally and completely wrong, we all like geneh. I have never stated that Boise plays a strong schedule. I hate it on the few occasions when Boise brings in an FCS school like they do this year. It's bad for the sport. I also don't like the series against non AQ schools.

But Alabama and the rest of the SEC does this each and every year, while Boise does it once every three or four. Heck, the Tide is bringing in TWO, yes, two current FCS teams next fall.

The whole reason for the MWC to seek some alliances with the PAC is to improve the quality of the schedules. More games with the big California, Oregon, Washington, and Arizona schools, fewer against lesser type foes.

Boise would drop its game tomorrow against that bad FCS team if an SEC school, any SEC school would do the same and come to Boise for a home and home series. But they refuse to do it

Whose fault is that?

Yeah, yeah, heard it all before, geneh, "go play someone better, Boise, just not us."

fat_cheerleader.jpg

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey smiles! Wake up! The rest of the teams in that crappy conference that Boise plays in are just a half-step above FCS teams. In fact, there are plenty of FCS teams that would give Boise a better game than most of your conference teams. That being said, I have no problem with FBS teams playing one FCS team per season. In fact, it is good for the game, as it gives those smaller schools a good payday. That payday, in fact, is a major factor in their whole athletic budget. What true Boise fan would be against "spreading the wealth"?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise fan scheduling argument is akin to this....

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how any intelligent Boise fan can criticize the SEC's scheduling, when the SEC teams play more ranked opponents IN THEIR OWN CONFERENCE DIVISION than Boise plays all year. And that goes for either division in the SEC.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Alabama and the rest of the SEC does this each and every year, while Boise does it once every three or four. Heck, the Tide is bringing in TWO, yes, two current FCS teams next fall.

This may be splitting hairs to you but I would count Georgia State as an FBS program. they are in final year of transition but their schedule consists of 9 FBS programs and only 3 FCS programs.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey smiles! Wake up! The rest of the teams in that crappy conference that Boise plays in are just a half-step above FCS teams. In fact, there are plenty of FCS teams that would give Boise a better game than most of your conference teams. That being said, I have no problem with FBS teams playing one FCS team per season. In fact, it is good for the game, as it gives those smaller schools a good payday. That payday, in fact, is a major factor in their whole athletic budget. What true Boise fan would be against "spreading the wealth"?

Spare me the charity routine.

You know the truth as well as I do. Jeremy Foley isn't signing up mules because of the love in his heart, he is ensuring that the Gators get extra home games, easy victories, and can rest assured, knowing that Florida fans like you are willing to buy those tickets in which they call these scrimmages football games.

Do the math. They sign up FCS teams because they will do tricks cheaper, half a million to 750 thousand is what they charge for an "date" on Saturday nights these days. So you pay off the girl, and rake in, depending on ticket prices and the size of the stadium anywhere from $4 to $8 million, not counting parking, hotels, and booster fees

No other conference does it better. It's a wonderful scam. Think about it, when the SEC plays 3/4 or so of its non-conf. schedule at home against easy marks, that's 42 almost automatic victories. It artificially inflates the SOS ratings of the whole conference, pads the win/loss columns, soaks its own fans for extra loot, and creates the impression of being much better than perhaps all but the top few teams really are.

The funny thing is that in actual head to head games the MWC does quite well against the SEC. Which may be one more reason why SEC schools don't really want to travel nor play good programs as a rule. They limit such games to a mere handful. Out of 56 contests last year, maybe 5 of them were true interegional matchups against respected outside programs.

Argue all you want, those are the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be splitting hairs to you but I would count Georgia State as an FBS program. they are in final year of transition but their schedule consists of 9 FBS programs and only 3 FCS programs.

It might be splitting hairs, but I said "current" FCS teams. You bet, by the time they play them, wink, wink, they will be 18.

But let's not kid ourselves. Everyone on the planet knows that Alabama signed up 3, count em, 3 home games against teams that they knew would be very easy wins. The argue otherwise is to insult your own intelligence.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, TonyGator... LMAO @ Dumb n Dumber!!!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:Yeah, yeah, heard it all before, geneh, "go play someone better, Boise, just not us."

We have been around and around this so many times I can't count them all. I tire of these arguments, I really do.

When Boise State is ready to take one-and-dones for the going rate just like everybody else they can schedule anybody they want.

The reason why BSU doesn't like doing one-and-dones is because they might just LOSE one of them. And that would pretty much kill their entire season so they don't want to do that.

"It isn't fair." "Why should Boise do a one-and-done like La.-Monroe?"

But I already know what you are going to say. Save it for somebody else, please.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And by the way, that is a cool uni in your avatar, Smiles. Just thought I would throw that in.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The freshman tooting the rock is pretty cool too, geneh. Jay Ajayi. He's a load with some speed. He averaged just under 7 yards a carry last year and will be wreaking havoc on defenses in 2013.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, TonyGator... LMAO @ Dumb n Dumber!!!!

It was only meant to get a few laughs. I hope B4L & smiles don't take it too seriously, but I do disagree with their arguments. Nonetheless, this is just fun, CFB trash-talk to me, and I would buy either of those guys a beer if we met up. But only one beer. :yahoo:

:suds:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been around and around this so many times I can't count them all. I tire of these arguments, I really do.

When Boise State is ready to take one-and-dones for the going rate just like everybody else they can schedule anybody they want.

The reason why BSU doesn't like doing one-and-dones is because they might just LOSE one of them. And that would pretty much kill their entire season so they don't want to do that.

"It isn't fair." "Why should Boise do a one-and-done like La.-Monroe?"

But I already know what you are going to say. Save it for somebody else, please.

Of course, you know what I'll say, because it is correct, even if you don't get it. But hey, it's just one more thing you don't get, old friend.

Since when should one of the 20 best teams in the country come to other schools, hat in hand, begging for a chance to play a road game in which the other team hogs the money and sets everything up to their advantage? Teams that do that are either desperate or stupid.

That's why every SEC school schedules and FCS team pretty much every year. That's why bad FBS teams can always get games, while good ones can't. Those schools don't want to play Boise, and their actions prove it.

Now geneh, don't throw yourself on the floor trying to disagree with me. Knowing you, you'd probably miss.
:laugh3:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Now geneh, don't throw yourself on the floor trying to disagree with me. Knowing you, you'd probably miss." - Smiles

Not bad, Smiles, you see, I bring out the best in you!

The truth is that until Boise ups the OOC opponents' difficulty they will not make a BCS bowl regardless of what their record is unless they are undefeated.

And anything anybody says cannot change the validity of that statement. It is just the truth, like it or not.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiles is really showing his lack of smarts when it comes to this SEC scheduling BS. The SEC teams get to play more than fair share of ranked teams, just by playing their conference schedule. Add a regularly ranked rival like FSU for Florida, or GT for UGA, and most SEC teams play a tough SOS almost every season. Boise plays one good team, one decent team, and 10 cupcakes every season. So, what is the fucking problem!?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smiles is really showing his lack of smarts when it comes to this SEC scheduling BS. The SEC teams get to play more than fair share of ranked teams, just by playing their conference schedule. Add a regularly ranked rival like FSU for Florida, or GT for UGA, and most SEC teams play a tough SOS almost every season. Boise plays one good team, one decent team, and 10 cupcakes every season. So, what is the fucking problem!?

No, what the SEC does is quite smart, and deliberate. By not playing any more tough games than they need to, the SEC assures itself of having a better overall W/L record (since by definition the average winning percentage of conference play will be .500). Thus a win over a bad Auburn or Kentucky goes down as a victory over a 4 or 6 win team instead of the zero or two wins that these schools actually earned over decent teams.

Florida has long been the dominant team in the state of Florida, and even when playing in Miami or Tallahassee, they know that many Gator fans will be in attendance, so they know that all other things being equal, they still will have a much better situation than if they were traveling across the country to a different region. Florida hasn't done that since 1990 or 91, if I'm not mistaken, when they lost to Syracuse. They swore to never do that again, and true to their word, the Gators haven't had an out of state non-conference game since.

While no one disputes that the SEC schedule is challenging, by carefully limiting interdivisional games to a set rival, Mike Slive has made it very advantageous for the top teams in each division. The truth is that in any given year, only a few games are going to be truly challenging, and that the odds favor the top teams in most cases. Thus the path for a Florida, Georgia, Alabama, or LSU is easier than it would be if they traveled more or played more of a true round robin conference schedule involving all the teams in the conference.

But all of this truly avoids the real issue. What business do teams with the finest players, biggest budgets, and best coaches in America have playing teams with budgets and players a tenth as good? What these teams do, plain and simple, is purchase easy wins. This in no small part has helped butress the perception of SEC superiority.

Like I said, it is working the system to the hilt. I can hardly blame the SEC for doing it, after all, if one can do the moral equivalent of picking on children and get away with it, why not?

Well, other than the fact that it is morally bankrupt, of course.