• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West seeking partnership with PAC12

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tox, what happened to your post????

toxicavengr

Blunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to stir the pot a little but I have played that game so many times, I am just tired and so I deleted it. I came here to find friends that were lost at cbs and tbdpitl not to keep going in circles on a debate that will never end. I will leave that for the younger more energetic crowd.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to stir the pot a little but I have played that game so many times, I am just tired and so I deleted it. I came here to find friends that were lost at cbs and tbdpitl not to keep going in circles on a debate that will never end. I will leave that for the younger more energetic crowd.

Can you share some of what you are drinking with Smiles? thx

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all good, Tox. Just CFB fans having some fun shooting the bull.

:suds:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am Very proud of the past accomplishments. But I choose to hang my hat on the future success of the program. Looking back and reminiscing is something I will do in my 80s. Look forward not behind...

Okay hang your hat on the future success of the program even though we have no clue what that might be cuz it hasn't happened yet. It will most likely continue to be successful at Oregon but we don't know that for sure. In fact we don't know anything about anything yet as it relates to 2013 and especially beyond that. We can point to past results, particularly the recent ones. That's what's actually happened on the playing field in reality. That's what we know. Looking ahead to this coming season is exciting for most fans. Almost everyone has hope at this point. How it pans out is another story (see 7-6 USC who was preseason #1). Nonetheless I fall into that category of excited fans as well. I like Boise's future. They have some young studs coming up through the ranks. They'll be just fine.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise State should make a deal with Texas. If Texas comes to the best coast, Boise State must be involved and Boise State can give their cut of the television money to Texas for 10 years.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Two questions.......................

1) Would Boise have the same success if they played in a major conference?

2) How would Bama, Florida, Oregon, or tOSU do playing Boise's schedule?

The answers:
1. Gee, if they played in a major conference, they'd have a major conference budget, access to major conference media, major conference facilities, pay major conference salaries, and have major conference recruits. Boise kicks ass with what they have now, imagine how much better they'd be there? WHERE DO WE SIGN UP?

2. If Florida, Bama or Oregon played Boise's schedule, they'd be in a minor conference with minor conference budgets, low salaries for their coaches (meaning that they would lose them almost immediately to other more wealthy programs), minor conference media, and minor conference recruits. Give em a couple of years and they'd look like a minor conference team, I suspect.

Besides, in a very real way, those teams already play a Boise type schedule. Alabama will play two current FCS schools this season. Oregon didn't exactly set the world on fire with who they played OOC either. Florida? Heck, they haven't left the state for a non-conference game in 22 years. Look at the Tide's schedule this year. They don't play Florida, SC, or Georgia. They do play the absolute worst teams in the SEC, only a road trip to A & M and LSU look like any kind of a challenge at all. Please. The truth is that not even major conference teams REALLY play major conference schedules. So how is this different from what Boise does?

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answers:
1. Gee, if they played in a major conference, they'd have a major conference budget, access to major conference media, major conference facilities, pay major conference salaries, and have major conference recruits. Boise kicks ass with what they have now, imagine how much better they'd be there? WHERE DO WE SIGN UP?

2. If Florida, Bama or Oregon played Boise's schedule, they'd be in a minor conference with minor conference budgets, low salaries for their coaches (meaning that they would lose them almost immediately to other more wealthy programs), minor conference media, and minor conference recruits. Give em a couple of years and they'd look like a minor conference team, I suspect.

Besides, in a very real way, those teams already play a Boise type schedule. Alabama will play two current FCS schools this season. Oregon didn't exactly set the world on fire with who they played OOC either. Florida? Heck, they haven't left the state for a non-conference game in 22 years. Look at the Tide's schedule this year. They don't play Florida, SC, or Georgia. They do play the absolute worst teams in the SEC, only a road trip to A & M and LSU look like any kind of a challenge at all. Please. The truth is that not even major conference teams REALLY play major conference schedules. So how is this different from what Boise does?

Perfect.

Delivered with simple, yet compelling truth. :10:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answers:
Look at the Tide's schedule this year. They don't play Florida, SC, or Georgia. They do play the absolute worst teams in the SEC, only a road trip to A & M and LSU look like any kind of a challenge at all. Please. The truth is that not even major conference teams REALLY play major conference schedules. So how is this different from what Boise does?

I know for a fact that this is going to start a fight, but I have to ask. Smiles, do you know who Mark Womack is? If you don't read some of the articles out there about him. Most people have no idea who that is. He's the SEC schedule maker, my friend. He also happens to be a former football player at the University of Alabama. He's the guy who set the two year schedule for 2012 and 2013 after A&M and Mizzou joined the sec. Oddly enough, when the schedule came out a team like LSU no longer had their scheduled home and home with UK. 2012 had them with USC(e) at home, and 2013 has them matched up with UGA on the road. Miraculously, Bama dropped their scheduled home and home with UGA and picked up Mizzou in 2012 and UK in 2013.
Now, given what you saw in that Bama versus UGA game last year, does anybody believe they beat UGA twice in one season (once on the road)? All of this happens after they became the first team in the history of CFB to play for a national title without even winning their own division of their conference. That being said based on the current format I thought they deserved to be there over Stanford and OK State. I'll admit that. But don't kid yourselves people. Alabama has it good.....real good.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this too. It's so crazy man. In addition to what they did with Paige (outlined here http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/08/ex-coach-says-alabama-assistant-pushed-recruit-to-transfer/1), Foley was also responsible for ensuring that Julio Jones and DJ Fluker passed the NCAA Clearinghouse, when most schools were under the impression that it wasn't possible.

I'm done picking on the Tide now. It will be interesting to see whether or not that machine can nail down a fourth title in five years.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's just a picture of Canadian Bacon standing over Andy Dalton at the 2010 Fiesta Bowl after Kyle Wilson knocked his flipping block off. That's what redheads get, Son! Good times.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's just a picture of Canadian Bacon standing over Andy Dalton at the 2010 Fiesta Bowl after Kyle Wilson knocked his flipping block off. That's what redheads get, Son! Good times.

Canadian Bacon? I thought that was a name reserved for the ladies with nipples that resemble round bacon..

as in...
"She was hot. I got her bra off and bro... She had Canadian bacon nips...."

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Mamba, too bad those Duck women are about as flat as a pizza. Just kiddin'
:rollseyes:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect.

Delivered with simple, yet compelling truth. :10:
Funny-gif-Bruce-Lee-laughing.gif