• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West seeking partnership with PAC12

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nine top 15 finishes in the last eleven seasons (no other team in the country has done that), two top 5s and four top 10s in that timeframe. Fiesta Bowl victories over then #7 Oklahoma and then #3 TCU and hosed out of several other appearances for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseum. Are they the greatest in the country? Let's not fool ourselves. No. Are they in that tier of 10 to 15 teams or so that have been amoung the best around recently? Absolutely and that's what spawns the hate and jealousy.

Above are Facts. Facts are bitch. Facts sting. Facts leave bruises.

Don't hit PAC fan with too many Facts here. They might starting crying :flypig:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ahhh i see what you are doin Berkeley... Well I aint bitin today sir... Well, maybe later... too early for this? No?

toxicavengr

Blunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wonderin if you are gobble from cBS. Dont act so butt hurt bro...:suds:
No, I am toxicavengr from cbs, I know you don't know who I am and that's because I didn't post much the last year or so, but I have read a lot of your posts sir..... and I am not butt hurt at all.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nine top 15 finishes in the last eleven seasons (no other team in the country has done that), two top 5s and four top 10s in that timeframe. Fiesta Bowl victories over then #7 Oklahoma and then #3 TCU and hosed out of several other appearances for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseum. Are they the greatest in the country? Let's not fool ourselves. No. Are they in that tier of 10 to 15 teams or so that have been amoung the best around recently? Absolutely and that's what spawns the hate and jealousy.

And Oregon has been to 4 straight BCS games and lost 7 games in those 4 years... But does anyone give a shit? No. Just like nobody gives a shit about ur above post..

BFD. You were an ok team for a few years...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I am toxicavengr from cbs, I know you don't know who I am and that's because I didn't post much the last year or so, but I have read a lot of your posts sir..... and I am not butt hurt at all.

Cool.. Welcome and...if you have read my posts at cBS... you know

tumblr_m7qm53OU5O1r96fbno2_250.gif

Just like to talk shite with Boise folks now and again...

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha! Two questions.......................

1) Would Boise have the same success if they played in a major conference?

2) How would Bama, Florida, Oregon, or tOSU do playing Boise's schedule?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me?! I give a shit, Mamba. Oregon isn't even my team and I give a big shit. You don't care? What in the world are you talking about?! Why would you not be proud of 4 straight BCS games in a row, two victories out of it and a national title game appearance? You don't care about having easily one of the best teams in the nation recently? You don't care about being 46 and 7 with three Pac 12 championships in four seasons? It is a BFD, my friend. If you give a damn about your team or simply love CFB in general it is a very, very BFD. Don't downplay it. That run of success has been incredible. Be proud of it!!!

toxicavengr

Blunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.. Welcome and...if you have read my posts at cBS... you know

tumblr_m7qm53OU5O1r96fbno2_250.gif

Just like to talk shite with Boise folks now and again...
I have, and you will probably find me a little less involved in "shite" talk, but I will call bs when I see it. lol ! Thank you for the welcome!

toxicavengr

Blunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! Two questions.......................

1) Would Boise have the same success if they played in a major conference?

2) How would Bama, Florida, Oregon, or tOSU do playing Boise's schedule?
tony , tony , tony..... impossible to answer the first one unless you consider them getting the same access an money from said conference and you have to answer the second one similarly. only removing the access and money and exposure. otherwise you premise is an unfair comparison and quite absurd when the paths of each of the suggested schools are no where near comparable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News flash, Tony - SOS is a HUGE component of the ranking system as it dang well should be. Boise has already been punished accordingly for it and yet they continue to crank out highly ranked team after highly ranked team. And I love the hypotheticals. "What would this team do with Boise's schedule?" Or Boise "wouldn't, couldn't, or shouldn't" do this or that with schedule X or in X conference. Enough of that speculative bullcrap. I'm not calling you a hater, Tony. I have no idea whether you are or not, but I have my suspicions. If I happened to be a Boise hater I'd be playing the hypothetical game too and doing everything I could to detract from what has happened in reality versus some stupid woulda, coulda, shoulda bullcrap. It's always well played though by the Boise State Hate Squad. They are quite tactful and relentless in their approach. It's kind of sad really not to mention pathetic.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tony , tony , tony..... impossible to answer the first one unless you consider them getting the same access an money from said conference and you have to answer the second one similarly. only removing the access and money and exposure. otherwise you premise is an unfair comparison and quite absurd when the paths of each of the suggested schools are no where near comparable.

So, you agree that things aren't on an even playing field. At least, that is what your response suggests.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News flash, Tony - SOS is a HUGE component of the ranking system as it dang well should be. Boise has already been punished accordingly for it and yet they continue to crank out highly ranked team after highly ranked team. And I love the hypotheticals. "What would this team do with Boise's schedule?" Or Boise "wouldn't, couldn't, or shouldn't" do this or that with schedule X or in X conference. Enough of that speculative bullcrap. I'm not calling you a hater, Tony. I have no idea whether you are or not, but I have my suspicions. If I happened to be a Boise hater I'd be playing the hypothetical game too and doing everything I could to detract from what has happened in reality versus some stupid woulda, coulda, shoulda bullcrap. It's always well played though by the Boise State Hate Squad. They are quite tactful and relentless in their approach. It's kind of sad really not to mention pathetic.

Not trying to "hate", but anyone with any notion of CFB intelligence can see that Boise plays a "girl scout" schedule. Call it "speculative bullcrap" if you like, but you know damn good and well, Boise would not have the same success in the SEC or the PAC, etc.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 175.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow there's more mud being slung than I have seen in a long time. Did Smiles show up or something? :lol::clap:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me?! I give a shit, Mamba. Oregon isn't even my team and I give a big shit. You don't care? What in the world are you talking about?! Why would you not be proud of 4 straight BCS games in a row, two victories out of it and a national title game appearance? You don't care about having easily one of the best teams in the nation recently? You don't care about being 46 and 7 with three Pac 12 championships in four seasons? It is a BFD, my friend. If you give a damn about your team or simply love CFB in general it is a very, very BFD. Don't downplay it. That run of success has been incredible. Be proud of it!!!

I am Very proud of the past accomplishments. But I choose to hang my hat on the future success of the program. Looking back and reminiscing is something I will do in my 80s. Look forward not behind...

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when we're discussing teams and their performance, quality, merits, or whatever what are we supposed to base that on or support that with? Unknown results that are yet to happen from the future. Come on man.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense says no, but we don't know that do we, Tony? And again it's more bullcrap speculation but the fact of the matter is that Boise "did" move to the SEC or Pac as you said they would not get punished even close to as heavily for the added losses as they do now due to that increase in SOS. It works both ways you know and in the end it all works out. You act like this is all in Boise's favor, but that blade cuts two ways. It's the reason that Arkansas can go 11 and 2 in 2011 and get the ABSOLUTE SNOT KICKED OUT OF THEM by both Alabama and LSU by 24 points plus in each match up and still FINISH 5TH IN THE COUNTRY. It's also the reason that Houston went 13 and 1 in that very same season and finished 18th in the country. Why? Strength of schedule. Geez. Get out of here with that bullshit that cannot be confirmed or proven. It gets real old, real quick.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when we're discussing teams and their performance, quality, merits, or whatever what are we supposed to base that on or support that with? Unknown results that are yet to happen from the future. Come on man.

Oh I dont know... Maybe the team you have coming back... Not relying on arguments for how good your team is with games that took place 5 years ago? I would start there...

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense says no, but we don't know that do we, Tony? And again it's more bullcrap speculation but the fact of the matter is that Boise "did" move to the SEC or Pac as you said they would not get punished even close to as heavily for the added losses as they do now due to that increase in SOS. It works both ways you know and in the end it all works out. You act like this is all in Boise's favor, but that blade cuts two ways. It's the reason that Arkansas can go 11 and 2 in 2011 and get the ABSOLUTE SNOT KICKED OUT OF THEM by both Alabama and LSU by 24 points plus in each match up and still FINISH 5TH IN THE COUNTRY. It's also the reason that Houston went 13 and 1 in that very same season and finished 18th in the country. Why? Strength of schedule. Geez. Get out of here with that bullshit that cannot be confirmed or proven. It gets real old, real quick.

Breaking News!! It has been confirmed that major CFB champions have been determined by "speculative bullcrap" for fucking decade, after, decade, after decade, after decade. The whole system has been determined by pollsters using "speculative bullcrap" for more years than any of us have been alive. In fact, the AP poll started in 1934. We now return to regular programming.

For those of you that don't like the system, there is always the NFL.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 175.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am Very proud of the past accomplishments. But I choose to hang my hat on the future success of the program. Looking back and reminiscing is something I will do in my 80s. Look forward not behind...

I'm with ya WM it's been 5 years since Utah has done anything but I could care less, and so could the players today.They're trying to make a name for themselves and they don't want to hang there hat on past success. I bet they want to make history for themselves. As a fan I'm always looking to the future looking back makes me look desperate. As though it's justifiable it's not with the turn around of kids, it's idiotic to think your teams great when you lose half the Off and Def every year. You have no idea what you have the next year. But I do know that
#8 6'4 222 Anthony Denham
#2 6'3 215 Keneth Scott
#7 6'6 225 Travis Wilson
#6 6'1 200 Drez Anderson
#13 5'11 223 Kelvin York
are some great players for the spread offense that Utah is finally getting back to running. Like I said not one of these players had anything to do with 2008 and it's there turn to make history for themselves. Utah was the only team to have 2 undefeated season in the same Decade no other college team can claim that, but I don't boast about it why? It's history. Go Utes.