• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West seeking partnership with PAC12

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, my old friend, Wiz, seems to have a real problem. His opinions keep getting in the way of the facts. So go back a few years, Wiz, and pull up actual games played by MWC teams against PAC teams. Guess which conference has the most wins? Hint, it isn't the PAC. Since 2006, the MWC has the most wins.

MWC vs Pac
2012 USC over Hawaii, Oregon over Fresno, UW over SDSU, Nevada over Cal and Loss to AZ, WSU over UNLV, CSU over CU, Boise over UW, 5-3 Pac
2011 Boise over Azst, SDSU over WSU, CU over CSU, WSU over UNLV 2-2 tie
2010 TCU over ORST, BYU over UW, Oregon over NM 2-1 MWC
2009 Oregon over Utah, Utah over cal, UCLA over SDSU, BYU over ORST, Oregon State over UNLV 3-2 Pac
2008 TCU over Stanford, Utah over Orst, BYU over AZ, BYU over UW, Cal over CSU, UNLV over AZST, NM over AZ 6-1 MW
2007 Oregon State over utah and UCLA over Utah, Cal over Air force, WSU over SDSU, AZst over SDSU, UCLA over BYU, BYU over UCLA, BYU over AZ, Cal over CSU, NM over AZ 7-3 Pac
2006 BYU over Oregon, AZ over BYU, UCLA over Utah 2-1 Pac
21-19 in favor of the PAC since 2006
would you like to try again?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWC vs Pac
2012 USC over Hawaii, Oregon over Fresno, UW over SDSU, Nevada over Cal and Loss to AZ, WSU over UNLV, CSU over CU, Boise over UW, 5-3 Pac
2011 Boise over Azst, SDSU over WSU, CU over CSU, WSU over UNLV 2-2 tie
2010 TCU over ORST, BYU over UW, Oregon over NM 2-1 MWC
2009 Oregon over Utah, Utah over cal, UCLA over SDSU, BYU over ORST, Oregon State over UNLV 3-2 Pac
2008 TCU over Stanford, Utah over Orst, BYU over AZ, BYU over UW, Cal over CSU, UNLV over AZST, NM over AZ 6-1 MW
2007 Oregon State over utah and UCLA over Utah, Cal over Air force, WSU over SDSU, AZst over SDSU, UCLA over BYU, BYU over UCLA, BYU over AZ, Cal over CSU, NM over AZ 7-3 Pac
2006 BYU over Oregon, AZ over BYU, UCLA over Utah 2-1 Pac
21-19 in favor of the PAC since 2006
would you like to try again?

Smiles... :stfu: You just got served up... HAHAHA!!!!

tumblr_m7hv4h3z6b1qedb29o1_r1_500.gif

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going by the link.

College Football Trivia

But as always, you miss the point. It seems like you just got through arguing that the PAC would dominate. Even by your own stats, which only differ slightly from mine, the conclusion is the same, the MCW and PAC 12 are very evenly matched when it comes to actual games played on actual fields.

I know, I know, that goes against so many preconceived notions. You see, everyone just assumes that the bigger budget, bigger name team is better than the smaller budget, smaller name team. Most of the time, maybe it's correct, after all, when these teams play, the big school has all the advantages, more money, home team, more highly rated players, and so on.

But in the actual specific case of the Mountain West, they have held their own over the years pretty well, heck, they even have a winning record over the SEC, it you look at the same page cited above.

You see, that's the problem when one argues statistics, they, like most other things, can be manipulated or adjusted to meet one's desired result.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of argument should be that a dominant team in that Mtn WAC conference is bottom fodder in the PAC...

Case closed.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dominant team in the MWC is Boise State who is 8 and 1 against the Pac 12 under Chris Petersen guy. Look, the Pac is obviously the better conference, second best in the nation in my opinion. But the MWC conference has played .500 ball or better against the Pac 12 in recent seasons with most of those match ups on the road, again of course.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 and 0 against your Ducks as well, with all of those victories occurring in the last five seasons. Show some respect for Gosh Sakes.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where did you get that Boise is 8-1? i have it as 6-1 under petersen.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, Oly. I just checked. It is 6 and 1. My bad. Three of those wins were over EOY ranked teams though (#9 Oregon, #11 Oregon, and #21 Oregon State).

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, Oly. I just checked. It is 6 and 1. My bad. Three of those wins were over EOY ranked teams though (#9 Oregon, #11 Oregon, and #21 Oregon State).

The fact that Boise State is 6 - 1 against the PAC over the last 7 years and 5 - 0 over the past 5 years shows one thing: The PAC is having real, real trouble matching up with Boise State.

Please stop me if you don't understand. :dunce:

toxicavengr

Blunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which 'beating' did they already take? UW beat BSU pretty easily in '07 just before they reached rock bottom and put in a 0-12 effort in '08. Then last year they barely beat UW on the heels of a major blow up vs WSU. The UW team at the end of the season was missing 1/3 of its starters and was sputtering all over and BSU could only scratch out a 2pt win. I'd hardly call that a 'beatin'. I'm sure you feel pretty confident, but so do I. There isn't much of a chance that game isn't a blow out and I don't think you will like the outcome much.

As for Oregon, I'd lay down big money that the zeros would mop the floor with BSU at least a few times in a row if they planned a series. Beating a team twice doesn't mean you would do it again.
Classic, I sat on the lake side endzone bleacher in the North corner for that game... I think Jake Locker started his first game vs Taylor Tharp for Boise, Sr Zabranski had just won the Fiesta, and a host of other starters left for Boise too, and K Moore was redshirted.... so ya go ahead and cling to that win against the "Mighty" Taylor Tharp and company, LOL Southwick is a much better QB than Tharp imo and you will be seeing a better Bronco team than you saw in Vegas.
I think the new stadium will be rocking and Boise has got a big job to do going in the second loudest stadium I have ever been in, (The CLink being the loudest) but I think the Husky faithful may be in for a real tough football game. You better cheer loud and don't get behind on the scoreboard...
I sure hope ASJ gets to play. Hate to see the DUI charges affect his career and possibly the outcome of this game.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classic, I sat on the lake side endzone bleacher in the North corner for that game... I think Jake Locker started his first game vs Taylor Tharp for Boise, Sr Zabranski had just won the Fiesta, and a host of other starters left for Boise too, and K Moore was redshirted.... so ya go ahead and cling to that win against the "Mighty" Taylor Tharp and company, LOL Southwick is a much better QB than Tharp imo and you will be seeing a better Bronco team than you saw in Vegas.
I think the new stadium will be rocking and Boise has got a big job to do going in the second loudest stadium I have ever been in, (The CLink being the loudest) but I think the Husky faithful may be in for a real tough football game. You better cheer loud and don't get behind on the scoreboard...
I sure hope ASJ gets to play. Hate to see the DUI charges affect his career and possibly the outcome of this game.

:lol:

Wiz obviously was asleep during the entire Kellen Moore era. So, I guess Wiz never witnessed Boise State's 3 top 10 finishes in those 4 years, Gameday in Boise, Another Fiesta Bowl victory and very real run at a national title. Meanwhile, the Huskies were meandering about lost in the cold, dark and damp Seattle fog.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nine top 15 finishes in the last eleven seasons (no other team in the country has done that), two top 5s and four top 10s in that timeframe. Fiesta Bowl victories over then #7 Oklahoma and then #3 TCU and hosed out of several other appearances for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseum. Are they the greatest in the country? Let's not fool ourselves. No. Are they in that tier of 10 to 15 teams or so that have been amoung the best around recently? Absolutely and that's what spawns the hate and jealousy.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lose the cussing, please. Save those words for when they actually mean something, like if you get your hand chopped off or discover someone dead in your bathroom.

Or is it perhaps that you don't know any other words to use?

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. And Fuck you Oregon Duck fans!!! Fuck ya. Fuck a Duck. Man, I love Oregon footbal. Absolutely love it, but your arrogant ass fans make it difficult on me sometimes.
Don't hold back tell us how you really feal BFL

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Oregon football...............dislike a fairly large percentage of their fans.

toxicavengr

Blunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of argument should be that a dominant team in that Mtn WAC conference is bottom fodder in the PAC...

Case closed.
LOL ..... should be? are you not sure or just blessing us with your opinion.
You sure sound more like your a SEC or B1G guy than a PAC man.