• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West seeking partnership with PAC12

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know many teams don't even have a spring 'game' right? This year Sark ran an open televised practice. There was no scoring of any kind and they only ran vanilla offensive plays because they are keeping their new up tempo no huddle under wraps for the season. We saw two hours of drills.

You can't take much out of any spring game other than can the WR's catch and can the defense not blow coverage. Even then it's just spring.

:clap:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know many teams don't even have a spring 'game' right? This year Sark ran an open televised practice. There was no scoring of any kind and they only ran vanilla offensive plays because they are keeping their new up tempo no huddle under wraps for the season. We saw two hours of drills.

You can't take much out of any spring game other than can the WR's catch and can the defense not blow coverage. Even then it's just spring.

I completely understand, but when you do have a spring game and your QB and WR work hard in their spring practice's they should get more than one series especially after they score a touchdown. It was cool to see Gilby play, but there was zero reason for him to be the only one running the offense when he had no shot at playing.

As I stated, that was just the first red flag for me, my no longer just sipping the cool aid. Nowhere near my tipping point to where I am today on the guy. I'd say I have been rather generous since I only just turned on him after the Colorado game, it took until the Utah game before I turned into lynch mob mode.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spring game is mostly a show for the fans sprinkled with a chance to try out kids in different slots under as close to a game condition as you can get without taking huge risks. It counts as one of your allotted spring practice sessions, but they seldom settle who is a starter. No one puts much stock into how long any player is in or where they are. It's a show.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spring game is mostly a show for the fans sprinkled with a chance to try out kids in different slots under as close to a game condition as you can get without taking huge risks. It counts as one of your allotted spring practice sessions, but they seldom settle who is a starter. No one puts much stock into how long any player is in or where they are. It's a show.

I know, but again that is where my first flag went off. It is a show, and fans wanted to see Jeff Tuel as he was PR'd as being the man and obviously the all american candidate in Marquees Wilson. Coug's didn't shut down I-5 down and pay $8 a beer to watch Gilby and Brett Bartelone, no offense to them. It was the perfect chance to see the new Jeff Tuel, the one that was not allowed to cross the scrimmage line.

-Mike Leach under a guillotine equals :laugh3:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leach won't have success until he gets his kids in and up to speed. I know most coaches bend their scheme to fit the kids they have, but that doesn't seem to be what he does. He needs his types of players especially QB and doesn't really have it.

I still say he can be good at WSU once that happens. I still think that is a year or two away. He can't be worse than Doba can he?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leach won't have success until he gets his kids in and up to speed. I know most coaches bend their scheme to fit the kids they have, but that doesn't seem to be what he does. He needs his types of players especially QB and doesn't really have it.

I still say he can be good at WSU once that happens. I still think that is a year or two away. He can't be worse than Doba can he?

Haha wow way to hit a sore spot. I'm sure we've discussed this already but Doba was a great coach just had probably the worst circumstances in history. An AD with no balls to ask him to step down and a wife going through cancer. He should've stepped down when that happened but he was too loyal to his players and the school. His lack of being able to participate in the 04 and 05 recruiting classes is what crippled the school. 04 and 05 were the 2 best recruiting classes in WSU history except most of those kids never made it into school because of either academics or legal problems because they were the "top recruits" without a home.

I do hate Mike Leach with a passion but he can work if he gets over his ego. He is the coach of the football team, he is not the university. He has no ties to the west coast and from Washington coach's he is not making any friends with his attitude (which shockingly was alot coach's feedback on Paul Wulff about how he ran too hard of practices). Alienating his prime recruiting ground in Texas isn't exactly helping his cause either. His in game philosophy can work but his off the field philosophy will never work. WSU will always try to schedule 1 tough OOC opponent, and in the Pac-12 he will have to learn how to develop all of his players not just concentrate on the offensive side of the ball. His 2 star recruit scraps he got in Texas are pretty much 3 or 4 star recruits on the west coast.

I have told you several times that when he finally refers to the school or his team or anything as the Cougs I will back off of my complete hatred for the guy. I have lots of patience for real Cougs but so far he is the Pirate and not a Coug. Drop the bullshit Cougar naton. Nike wanted to rebrand us but we kept the logo, some coach with zero BCS, conference or even division championships will not rebrand the school either.

-end of rant until the Auburn slaughter.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-end of rant until the Auburn slaughter.

lol we know that won't be your last word on Leach. You just can't help yourself.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol we know that won't be your last word on Leach. You just can't help yourself.

haha touche, but because you gave me my avatar, I will try to play nice and since you are so adamant about how great of a guy Mike Leach is. I will hold off my talking of tarring and feather, or lashing, lynching, beheading, or feeding him to sharks with frickin lazers on their heads.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my OP, this is Leach's year to shine. I think the Cougs as dogs week in and week out will surprise alot of clubs. Nice to see yet another PAC12 team heading down to the SEC. Good timing for a "run-n-shoot" offense playing a scrub SEC team in their house. Would love to see WSU walk outta there a winner. I'll have my good eye open then. Cougs follow that away game with a date against USC. LOVE IT!

I just don't understand why WSU scheduled that Stanford game in Seattle. Should have made the Cards play in Martain Stadium.

Anywhoze...I love the Wazzou d with their Asian Pacific connections and hope for the best from Leach this coming year.