• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West seeking partnership with PAC12

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was unneccessary, toxic? You tell me exactly what was unneccessary. It's the truth. It is important for people to educate themselves and know that truth. Listen Bama's schedule is tough enough when you consider they play eight conference games and if you're Bama then probably a ninth game against the East champ. But do some research, toxic. The SEC scheduling committee consists of one guy. One guy! That guy is Alabama alum, Mark Womack. Incredibly, he makes the decisions unilaterally. Look what he did to Mizzou and Arky...despite the fact that both teams championed the fact that a border game would be great for them. Spurrier was excited about getting a chance to play in Texas vs A&M, and he killed that too...all by himself bro. I'm telling you right now...it's the shadiest thing ever. Even when they set the permanent opponent back in '91 and LSU got UF...the teams didn't get a say in what the option was until an option itself was presented. Then there was a vote. Alabama made sure that LSU for instance got UF and Auburn got UGA. They made sure Ole Piss, Vandy, UK, USC(e), Miss. Stake, and Arky each got each other and that they would have enough votes to screw their two biggest rivals into playing the toughest teams in the East every year. Now that it's set, nobody will vote to change it. UK, Vandy, and USC(e) don't want a team like LSU, and Ole Miss, Miss. St., and Arky don't want UF. Bama gets what it wants because their alum control the league office.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/10/how_secs_new_permanent_footbal.html

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was unneccessary, toxic? You tell me exactly what was unneccessary. It's the truth. It is important for people to educate themselves and know that truth. Listen Bama's schedule is tough enough when you consider they play eight conference games and if you're Bama then probably a ninth game against the East champ. But do some research, toxic. The SEC scheduling committee consists of one guy. One guy! That guy is Alabama alum, Mark Womack. Incredibly, he makes the decisions unilaterally. Look what he did to Mizzou and Arky...despite the fact that both teams championed the fact that a border game would be great for them. Spurrier was excited about getting a chance to play in Texas vs A&M, and he killed that too...all by himself bro. I'm telling you right now...it's the shadiest thing ever. Even when they set the permanent opponent back in '91 and LSU got UF...the teams didn't get a say in what the option was until an option itself was presented. Then there was a vote. Alabama made sure that LSU for instance got UF and Auburn got UGA. They made sure Ole Piss, Vandy, UK, USC(e), Miss. Stake, and Arky each got each other and that they would have enough votes to screw their two biggest rivals into playing the toughest teams in the East every year. Now that it's set, nobody will vote to change it. UK, Vandy, and USC(e) don't want a team like LSU, and Ole Miss, Miss. St., and Arky don't want UF. Bama gets what it wants because their alum control the league office.
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/10/how_secs_new_permanent_footbal.html

who-gives-a-shit-harrison-ford.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude!...Lacy Wa.?.. You are less than an hour from me! I never woulda' guessed! Do you know where Orting is?
If you are in Orting then you are maybe 5 minutes away from me. I'm up in the Bonney Lake plateau. I golf down at high cedars and we go down to route 66 pizza about once a month or so. Orting is awesome, but I wouldn't live down there. Give me the plateau any day. No lahar for us. Well, as long as I'm not on the golf course anyway.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a true UF fan I would give a shit, Tony. I would be pissed off.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point out an untruth then. This is just the tip of the iceberg too. Don't get me started on the officiating. If I start showing you how many SEC officials actually attended Bama or have children currently enrolled at Bama, your head would explode. And it starts at the top with the head of officials. His name is Steve Shaw, another Alabama alum.

Look they are awesome and I love watching them play, but you of all people should not turn a blind eye to this. Like I said if I were a UF fan or any other SEC fan outside of Alabama for that matter, I would be irate. But hey, that's just me.

Okay. I'll stop now.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this post? Tell me where I'm off base, Tony. I don't want to argue with you. I just want to know where you feel the inaccuracies are. You're an SEC guy, so you probably know more about this stuff than I do.

"I know for a fact that this is going to start a fight, but I have to ask. Smiles, do you know who Mark Womack is? If you don't read some of the articles out there about him. Most people have no idea who that is. He's the SEC schedule maker, my friend. He also happens to be a former football player at the University of Alabama. He's the guy who set the two year schedule for 2012 and 2013 after A&M and Mizzou joined the sec. Oddly enough, when the schedule came out a team like LSU no longer had their scheduled home and home with UK. 2012 had them with USC(e) at home, and 2013 has them matched up with UGA on the road. Miraculously, Bama dropped their scheduled home and home with UGA and picked up Mizzou in 2012 and UK in 2013.
Now, given what you saw in that Bama versus UGA game last year, does anybody believe they definitely beat UGA twice in one season (once on the road)? All of this happens after they became the first team in the history of CFB to play for a national title without even winning their own division of their conference. That being said based on the current format I thought they deserved to be there over Stanford and OK State. I'll admit that. But don't kid yourselves people. Alabama has it good.....real good."

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point out an untruth then. This is just the tip of the iceberg too. Don't get me started on the officiating. If I start showing you how many SEC officials actually attended Bama or have children currently enrolled at Bama, your head would explode. And it starts at the top with the head of officials. His name is Steve Shaw, another Alabama alum.

Look they are awesome and I love watching them play, but you of all people should not turn a blind eye to this. Like I said if I were a UF fan or any other SEC fan outside of Alabama for that matter, I would be irate. But hey, that's just me.

Okay. I'll stop now.

:wtf:

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyronne Biggins. Nice.

Where am I offbase, Mamba? I'd like to hear from you too.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you said you were going to stop.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you won't answer the question then. Okay. Cool. An Oregon fan like Mamba may not be aware of this crap. I had just wanted to hear from an SEC fan as to what their thoughts were on the matter and where the inaccuracies were in the facts that I shared. This is a thread surrounding the Pac 12 and the MWC though, so I'll stop trying to stray from the topic at hand.

All this being said, mad respect for Bama. So well coached, so athletic, so damn good! Damn them!!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B4L is cool. If what he is saying about SEC officiating is true, then he may have a valid point about that.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B4L is cool. If what he is saying about SEC officiating is true, then he may have a valid point about that.

If there was a real problem, the other teams in the SEC would be raising hell. With the addition of TAMU and Mizzou, the regular schedules had to be changed, and that includes some long-time rivalries.

t0nyintransit

CBS Exile
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was a real problem, the other teams in the SEC would be raising hell. With the addition of TAMU and Mizzou, the regular schedules had to be changed, and that includes some long-time rivalries.

Why bite the hand that feeds you? SEC schools love suckling on the teet of other SEC schools success.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There isn't a problem, that's the point. The facts are clear, the SEC formula works well. They play one "traditional" rival from the other division plus one other team. Thus, in any given year, each team has the advantage of playing teams with which they are completely familiar. No other conference does it that way. Indeed, it's possible for a player to go all 4 years, and never face a particular team from the other division.

Then for the rest of their games, most SEC teams choose to play one decent, but beatable team, plus three easy marks, mostly at home. So nearly every SEC team gets 7, maybe even 8 home games, 3 automatic wins, and a very predicable rest of the season.

It works, the SEC plays fewer road games, more FCS teams, and even the "neutral" field games are in friendly venues, like Atlanta or Jacksonville. It benefits the entire conference, since those easy wins count in the SOS stats to pad the records of even the bad SEC teams. Thus, the top SEC teams often don't play the top teams from the other division, and only need worry about a handful of truly tough games in any given season.

That's why the other SEC teams don't complain, they all get the extra money and higher ratings. Of course the top SEC teams benefit the most, but they are careful to spread the money out to all.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to be truly impressed by The SEC until they quit getting hammered by the MWC.

(And I'm only sort of joking here)

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a problem, that's the point. The facts are clear, the SEC formula works well. They play one "traditional" rival from the other division plus one other team. Thus, in any given year, each team has the advantage of playing teams with which they are completely familiar. No other conference does it that way. Indeed, it's possible for a player to go all 4 years, and never face a particular team from the other division.

Then for the rest of their games, most SEC teams choose to play one decent, but beatable team, plus three easy marks, mostly at home. So nearly every SEC team gets 7, maybe even 8 home games, 3 automatic wins, and a very predicable rest of the season.

It works, the SEC plays fewer road games, more FCS teams, and even the "neutral" field games are in friendly venues, like Atlanta or Jacksonville. It benefits the entire conference, since those easy wins count in the SOS stats to pad the records of even the bad SEC teams. Thus, the top SEC teams often don't play the top teams from the other division, and only need worry about a handful of truly tough games in any given season.

That's why the other SEC teams don't complain, they all get the extra money and higher ratings. Of course the top SEC teams benefit the most, but they are careful to spread the money out to all.

So, do you and B4L always ride the same bike?

dumb.jpg