• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mountain West seeking partnership with PAC12

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC is clearly the superior conference. Oddly enough a lot of the head to head match ups recently do not indicate that to be the case. Let's be real though. The PAC is way stronger. I'll personally rate it #2 ahead of the Big 12 and obviously behind the SEC. I would rate the MWC at somewhere around #6 or #7 of the current 10 FBS conferences. Just my opinion.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll actually say 6th best out of the 10 FBS conferences for the MWC, especially once Louisville leaves the soon to be formerly named Big East.

scuttlebutt

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,350.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live just above Orting and see that mountain every day. Well every day it isn't raining anyway lol.
Im in Bonney Lake once or twice a month for work as well, Wiz. The morning traffic is horrendous on the way back to 512.

t0nyintransit

CBS Exile
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wont bold well for the PAC12 for the SOS when it takes affect in 2014 for the playoffs. Boise is the only threat in the conference. And they can only play one PAC 12 team in that year so all the other MWC teams are irrelevant. It's almost like buying a shit load of lottery tickets and never getting the winning number. Boise's that number you want. But on the other hand maybe get two more bowl tie in's that would work. But I just dont see it working for OOC SOS games. Oh not striking a nerve or nothing, but what conference would be well ahead of the others?

Your Utes lost to one of those "losing lottery tickets" last year.... Funny, you would think playing a top 30 Utah State would be good for your SOS.

Bottom line is, a partnership between the PAC would be beneficial for both leagues. The MW is the only geographically shared conference that fields competitive teams. And we aren't just talking about football (which is better to schedule than Sacramento State and Cal Poly). This agreement would involve sharing both football and basketball officials, basketball scheduling agreements, an early season basketball "challenge" tournament, and close competitive bowl games.

To say its not beneficial for the PAC is silly. When the playoffs start, SOS will be a bigger factor and those FCS matchups will be much more frowned upon. Replacing them with west coast FBS teams makes more sense.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in Bonney Lake once or twice a month for work as well, Wiz. The morning traffic is horrendous on the way back to 512.
They are adding 6,000+ new homes on the Cascadia plateau in bonney lake. I think they have about 100 of them up now. Traffic is going to get crazy worse. They are going to make only one new road and it will go down into orting into 162 which won't remove any of the congestion. Traffic was great when I moved up there 15 years ago. Now it's total garbage everywhere. And yet they keep building new homes.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean it would set the Pac back behind the other 4 power conferences. What the hell is Scott doing? The Big12 is trying to partner with the ACC and the Pac is slumming with the freaking MWC? He should be fired.

Last article I read on it said that the Pac was included in this "partnership" also. It is supposed to be between the Big 12, ACC and PAC for scheduling games and bowl games.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last article I read on it said that the Pac was included in this "partnership" also. It is supposed to be between the Big 12, ACC and PAC for scheduling games and bowl games.
I was just trolling the BSU heads and given B4L's response to it he was fully aware of it. By now most of people who read this stuff know when I'm being serious. We play at least one mid-major a year and if most of them became MWC teams at least they would be playing the better ones available in most cases. Who would complain? Better to play them than FCS schools by far.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is pleased as can be that Price was a slime ball. If he had stayed what would the college football landscape look like today? Would LSU have been like an 8 time NT winner by now? Price did you all a solid for sure.

Wazzy, people retire all the time. They don't call it 'quitting' when they leave a job and do not go get another one. You can look up the definition of retirement and tell me how that isn't what happened. So yeah, the circumstances very much matter when someone leaves a job. The real point is nothing you say about him can remove the RB victories, the national title, or the great years we all enjoyed as fans. Be as jealous as you like, but nothing you could ever say would change the facts or remove those memories.

I'm not exactly sure I would classify a drunken adult male having a good time as a slimeball. Definetly a guy with a lack of knowledge that he was no longer in Pullman but definetly not a slimeball.

Looking up the definition does not change the fact that he walked out on the program by quitting. Of course it doesn't change any of the great things James' teams accomplished.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. You can keep on trying to claim that, but we both know it isn't true. In fact I've proven you wrong on that many times, but like so many other things you believe if you keep saying it over and over it will magically become true. I guess you keep at it because you have nothing else real to work with. Sad, but coug-like.

Quoting the dictionary doesn't alter the truth

Fact: WSU was ranked #9 going into the AC with a BCS bowl on the line. Sorry, but that is a fact.

#9th in the nation does not qualify as a BCS berth. There were no restrictions on who got an at large berth and highly doubt us with our amazing national appeal would've received a berth at 9 so not it's not a fact

The snow bowl wasn't just a little snow. It was coming down so hard you couldn't see the other side of the field from the stands. Bledsoe played an incredible game. I love questioning the UW defense which in turn says your offense was terrible. Way to try to diss your own team to attempt to bring someone else down. That is a coug-like quality that seems to come up often lol. Love it.

It was just a little flurry of snow. It was "blinding snow" for maybe 10 minutes of that game. Bledsoe did play a pretty solid game, but it was more his receivers making amazing catches against that vaunted defense. It would be dissing the offense if we had won by a touchdown, not sure how saying you had an overrated defense is a slap in the face of a blowout.

lol, looks like I really got your panties up in a wad over this post. You are seriously mad bro lol. I have no idea what you are talking about, but you are clearly pissed. I guess I would be too if I had to be a fan of that program for as long as you have.

I don't get pissed about a UW's warped view of opinion. I do get pissed when our fan's chant she said no and Romar and his assistants laugh and put an arm around Overton though.

Scared to play Gonzaga? You do know UW has been pushing the zags for a series for YEARS and Few keeps rejecting it right? lol. Hate when the facts get in the way of a good story, but keep on making up your ammo. It's funny if nothing else.

Again, warped view of history. You do know that UW refused to renew the rivalry because they wanted the game at Key Arena every year right? I'd call it scared when a school will only play a "neutral" site game within 10 minutes of their campus and 5 hours from the other school's.

UW's 'best' player didn't last long? There have been a lot more former UW athletes in the league than cougs. Moon is a HOF, Brunell was a beast at QB for a very long time, and I could go on down the list.

You're best player was Steve Entman, love how Husky fans will point that out until you mention the NFL.

How long did Leaf last? Wasn't he one of your best lolz. You can keep trying, but UW has WAAAAAY more ammo to work with against the lowly cougs and you know it. All you are going to get for going on is more and more mad. It just isn't good for your blood pressure bro.

You're point? I said both best players from respective schools were NFL washouts? WAAAYY more? Still trying to find where I said WSU was superior in any way to UW? I've said we've never sank to the depths that UW has...true or false?

Now count to 10 and take a deep breath before once again saying something silly. It will at least help keep your heart rate down if it doesn't stop you from saying something stupid.

I've counted to 20 now, I feel better. UW has the worst season in Pac-12 history

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are adding 6,000+ new homes on the Cascadia plateau in bonney lake. I think they have about 100 of them up now. Traffic is going to get crazy worse. They are going to make only one new road and it will go down into orting into 162 which won't remove any of the congestion. Traffic was great when I moved up there 15 years ago. Now it's total garbage everywhere. And yet they keep building new homes.

There is the problem with government planning right there. The Cascadia project was started so long ago that there were the plans for the Shaw Road/Meridian revamp relieving congestion off of 410 and Meridian but through the delays of that project the Shaw Road/Meridian revamp has no money left in the budget.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 175.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Utes lost to one of those "losing lottery tickets" last year.... Funny, you would think playing a top 30 Utah State would be good for your SOS.

Bottom line is, a partnership between the PAC would be beneficial for both leagues. The MW is the only geographically shared conference that fields competitive teams. And we aren't just talking about football (which is better to schedule than Sacramento State and Cal Poly). This agreement would involve sharing both football and basketball officials, basketball scheduling agreements, an early season basketball "challenge" tournament, and close competitive bowl games.

To say its not beneficial for the PAC is silly. When the playoffs start, SOS will be a bigger factor and those FCS matchups will be much more frowned upon. Replacing them with west coast FBS teams makes more sense.

Ya FBS does make more sense but what I was thinking maybe or could be that even FBS team will hurt the SOS for the PAC12, SEC, ACC, Big East, and Big12 And when the Playoffs start I bet No FCS teams will be on the 5 major conferences schedules. I hope they say hey no more FCS or FBS teams. Now that makes sense. Dontcha think!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly sure I would classify a drunken adult male having a good time as a slimeball. Definetly a guy with a lack of knowledge that he was no longer in Pullman but definetly not a slimeball.

Looking up the definition does not change the fact that he walked out on the program by quitting. Of course it doesn't change any of the great things James' teams accomplished.
So everyone in the world who retires is a quitter now lol. You are something else. Quit being so desperate to find something to dig at. There are probably much better things to harp on than why a coach retired.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#9th in the nation does not qualify as a BCS berth. There were no restrictions on who got an at large berth and highly doubt us with our amazing national appeal would've received a berth at 9 so not it's not a fact
So #9 in the nation before the apple cup doesn't quality as in a BCS hunt for you? lol. I only said it because two of the sites I looked at for quick dates on apple cup history BOTH said so. I guess we will take your word for it because you now know more than the official stats of that time. Congrats on finally getting to where you know it all.

It was just a little flurry of snow. It was "blinding snow" for maybe 10 minutes of that game.

Whatever makes you feel better man. It snowed throughout the entire game and was the worst weather conditions I've ever seen for a football game played in this state. Yes, the cougs played much better in it than UW did. What a shock that a team from that part of the country would play better in snow. Seriously, it was a great game for your team. No need to embellish it or create drama out of it. They took advantage of the weather and had a nice little win. Enough said.
Again, warped view of history. You do know that UW refused to renew the rivalry because they wanted the game at Key Arena every year right? I'd call it scared when a school will only play a "neutral" site game within 10 minutes of their campus and 5 hours from the other school's.
More creative history. Yes, they did bring that up once, but they have also pushed for home/home series many times. When pressed the zags have said all sorts of things why they don't do it, but mostly because they have other priorities. I guess they don't feel the huskies are a big enough game or a big enough draw. Who knows, take it up with Few, but stop flat out lying lol.
You're best player was Steve Entman, love how Husky fans will point that out until you mention the NFL.
So now you get to tell UW fans what their view of the 'best player of all time' is? How arrogant of you my little friend. Steve was one of the top defensive players in the school's history no doubt, but top player of all time is highly subjective wouldn't you say? It's really sad that you have to try and cherry pick one player YOU claim was the best to somehow make a point about how former huskies did in the NFL. Of course you had to because picking brunell or moon or about half a dozen other husky greats would disprove your point. Both schools have put out some NFL caliber players and both have had busts. So? whyumadbro?
I've counted to 20 now, I feel better. UW has the worst season in Pac-12 history
And the cougs are still the worst team in league history and the worst team in the state. Congrats on all your first, errr last place finishes. Even the eastern Washington eagles are better than you lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So #9 in the nation before the apple cup doesn't quality as in a BCS hunt for you? lol. I only said it because two of the sites I looked at for quick dates on apple cup history BOTH said so. I guess we will take your word for it because you now know more than the official stats of that time. Congrats on finally getting to where you know it all.

Because a number 9 team wouldn't have got in with as little national appeal. Cal didn't make it with a 4th ranking. You should take my word for it because if it were as if you proclaim then that Apple Cup would've stung even worse than the 02 AC.

Whatever makes you feel better man. It snowed throughout the entire game and was the worst weather conditions I've ever seen for a football game played in this state. Yes, the cougs played much better in it than UW did. What a shock that a team from that part of the country would play better in snow. Seriously, it was a great game for your team. No need to embellish it or create drama out of it. They took advantage of the weather and had a nice little win. Enough said.

I said your side is afraid of a little snow, you were the one who got sideways about how poor the weather was. If you can drive in it, you can play in it.

More creative history. Yes, they did bring that up once, but they have also pushed for home/home series many times. When pressed the zags have said all sorts of things why they don't do it, but mostly because they have other priorities. I guess they don't feel the huskies are a big enough game or a big enough draw. Who knows, take it up with Few, but stop flat out lying lol.

Creative history, the Gonzaga AD has said it will continue as soon as UW agrees to a home and home? What distorted thing am I missing? Like how Woodward tried pulling that on WSU except he couldn't follow through with it since the Pac-12 makes you play in Pullman for the Apple Cup.

So now you get to tell UW fans what their view of the 'best player of all time' is? How arrogant of you my little friend. Steve was one of the top defensive players in the school's history no doubt, but top player of all time is highly subjective wouldn't you say? It's really sad that you have to try and cherry pick one player YOU claim was the best to somehow make a point about how former huskies did in the NFL. Of course you had to because picking brunell or moon or about half a dozen other husky greats would disprove your point. Both schools have put out some NFL caliber players and both have had busts. So? whyumadbro?

Haha ok Sherm. All I said was your best player lasted less in the NFL than our best player. Where exactly did I say we are all better than you? How such an arrogant fan base can be so insecure is beyond me. Did you take the world is out to get course at Cal or something?

And the cougs are still the worst team in league history and the worst team in the state. Congrats on all your first, errr last place finishes. Even the eastern Washington eagles are better than you lol.

Don James still quit. Generally a guy of his stature would have a parade or a grand event for his retirement. His riding off into the sunset was him stomping in Hedges office. But seriously I get why you defend him, I defend Ryan Leaf

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don James still quit. Generally a guy of his stature would have a parade or a grand event for his retirement. His riding off into the sunset was him stomping in Hedges office. But seriously I get why you defend him, I defend Ryan Leaf

Wazzy, Now that is gettin kind of difficult isnt it?

ryan_leaf_sentenced_06192012.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how it is mamba, your lil brother tries the same tired garbage on you. Speaking of which it's nice to see Wallace back eh?

Coug fans don't have much history to hang a hat on so they find lots of little things to try and make themselves feel better. It's all good. He's a confused little fella, but he's the only coug I have to work with up here so I'll take what I can get I guess. /shrug

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWC is just not tough enough in football. If it werent for the Big East falling apart, boise and SDSU would already be gone. UNLV will never be any good at football, i mean never. It sucks i have to wait till basketball season to care.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how it is mamba, your lil brother tries the same tired garbage on you. Speaking of which it's nice to see Wallace back eh?

tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif

Im not sure if I like laughing at WSU sucking or if I liked it better when the Ducks and Cougs were in epic games on the field....

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously about Leaf though, was that guy not the perfect candidate to be an elite NFL QB. God he was good. It really is sad.