• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most dissapointing NBA team

Most Disappointing NBA Team

• Philadelphia 76ers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Los Angeles Lakers

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Houston Rockets

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Chicago Bulls

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • New York Knicks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in their own special way, who in your mind is the most disappointing NBA team/franchise say in the last few years? Well this was suppose to be a poll but accidentally entered this thing before it was completed.

Here were the teams I was going to name.

Philadelphia 76ers: Basement team that has been in the cellar for years now. Continuing to build through the draft, but cant get wins. Creating losing mentality.

Los Angeles Lakers: Historic franchise that has been poorly ran since their owner passed away. Not remotely competitive in recent years and quiet frankly the NBA seems off when the Lakers aren't good. I don't like the Lakers, but they are good for the league.

Houston Rockets: All-Star roster, ran coach out of town, as of right now outside of playoff spot.....amazing.

Chicago Bulls: Loaded roster, a roster that has been together for a long time, should know how to work together. Dumping money into a player who cant walk down the street of the windy city without an injury. Came so close years ago but couldn't get the job done. They are now aging and may miss the playoffs this year.

New York Knicks: I forgot about them when I originally posted this. That is how irrelevant they are these days and that is sad considering they are a huge market and historic team. Playoffs seem like forever ago with this team, and they continue to put trust in Carmelo Anthony. They have no coach, and their future is unknown.

Last edited:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have to be tems that were supposed to be good and sucked instead, so that leaves out the Lakers, Knicks, Sixers, etc.

Bulls, Rockets, Wizards, Pelicans

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets for sure. Harden showed up out of shape which got the coach fired and since then, they've spent the rest of the season alternating between looking good and not giving a damn.

Wizards would be second but if you watch a lot of Wizards basketball, you'll realize Randy Whitman isn't that great and he basically overachieved last year so this was more a return to the norm. Still, they should have been better. It'd also help if Bradley Beal could stay on the court for 3 games in a row

And then the Pelicans. They dealt with a ton of injuries but Alvin Gentry did a pretty poor job coaching, often trotting out ridiculously stupid line ups that had no shot at scoring.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i the only who noticed OD said in the last few years? He wasn't just talking about this season.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Pelicans should be in there especially for this year.

Rockets, I'd call more this year as well, they were in the ECF just last year.

Suns really fell off... 48 wins a few years ago...

And the Nets, a few years ago had just hired Kidd, brought in a lot of free agents, and watched them just not mesh or be old.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets for sure. Harden showed up out of shape which got the coach fired and since then, they've spent the rest of the season alternating between looking good and not giving a damn.

Wizards would be second but if you watch a lot of Wizards basketball, you'll realize Randy Whitman isn't that great and he basically overachieved last year so this was more a return to the norm. Still, they should have been better. It'd also help if Bradley Beal could stay on the court for 3 games in a row

And then the Pelicans. They dealt with a ton of injuries but Alvin Gentry did a pretty poor job coaching, often trotting out ridiculously stupid line ups that had no shot at scoring.

Wittman is awful. The only reason he was not fired last year was because they got hot at the end and had a good showing in the playoffs. The timing of the Wizards' sucking basically insures they have no shot at Durant and will now be mediocre until the next rebuild cycle. Don't know why ownership has allowed Wittman to stay on. A mid-season move could have turned things around and this season was extremely important for the future.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll know once the NBA champion has been crowned. The Lakers are certainly disappointing but if they get Ingram or Simmons out of it, as a fan, I'll still be happy.

One could also say if you spend $109m on players salary this season and don't walk away with the title, it could be considered disappointing.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have to be tems that were supposed to be good and sucked instead, so that leaves out the Lakers, Knicks, Sixers, etc.

Bulls, Rockets, Wizards, Pelicans
To be fair, OP said "in the last few years". You can definitely say people had higher hopes over the last 2-3 years for the Lakers, or that Sixers fans expected their team to be competing for a playoff spot.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I say Raptors? 2 straight years qualifying for the playoffs in the top half of the EC standings and 2 straight first round exits, including getting straight embarrassed by Washington last spring.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers have had a fine season.

LOL. Honestly when they traded Bynum for Dwight years ago, did we really think they would have 3 straight 55+ losses seasons in a row from 2014-2016?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wiz went to the Eastern Semis last year with virtually the exact team they have now. Preseason there was talk of them finishing between 2nd and 4th in the East.

And thy missed the playoffs bc Whitman sucks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wiz went to the Eastern Semis last year with virtually the exact team they have now. Preseason there was talk of them finishing between 2nd and 4th in the East.

And thy missed the playoffs bc Whitman sucks.

Whitman should have been fired a long time ago.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in their own special way, who in your mind is the most disappointing NBA team/franchise say in the last few years? Well this was suppose to be a poll but accidentally entered this thing before it was completed.

Here were the teams I was going to name.

Philadelphia 76ers: Basement team that has been in the cellar for years now. Continuing to build through the draft, but cant get wins. Creating losing mentality.

Los Angeles Lakers: Historic franchise that has been poorly ran since their owner passed away. Not remotely competitive in recent years and quiet frankly the NBA seems off when the Lakers aren't good. I don't like the Lakers, but they are good for the league.

Houston Rockets: All-Star roster, ran coach out of town, as of right now outside of playoff spot.....amazing.

Chicago Bulls: Loaded roster, a roster that has been together for a long time, should know how to work together. Dumping money into a player who cant walk down the street of the windy city without an injury. Came so close years ago but couldn't get the job done. They are now aging and may miss the playoffs this year.

New York Knicks: I forgot about them when I originally posted this. That is how irrelevant they are these days and that is sad considering they are a huge market and historic team. Playoffs seem like forever ago with this team, and they continue to put trust in Carmelo Anthony. They have no coach, and their future is unknown.

You have your poll now OD. I added other, in case someone has another team they think is most disappointing.

Last edited: