• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick your top 10 most storied NFL teams.

Pick your top 10 most storied NFL teams.

• Rams

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Niners

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Giants

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • Cowboys

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • Washington

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Bears

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Packers

Votes: 39 84.8%
  • Vikings

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Saints

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Raiders

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • Broncos

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Chiefs

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Browns

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Steelers

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Colts

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Patriots

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Dolphins

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Bills

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Jets

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Lions

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...it doesn't matter, just saying it's hard to stop at 10 without flipping a coin on the last 5 or 6

I want to force you guys to make tough decisions. LOL.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had trouble after my top 6 which i think is clear...

ended up going dolphins, and jets and colts and did not go 10 ...

hard to decide between teams like raiders, Broncos, Skins, Bears, so they all just did not make my list...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of insulting to see the Rams have so little votes. The team, that has won a championship in 3 different cities, the first west coast sports team, the helmet design inventor. The first to sign black players before the Dodgers signed Jackie Robinson, a team that went to 5 Super Bowls, was relevant for most of their existence, except for 90s and 2010s. Top 5 in playoff appearances and hall of famers. Some teams don't have a comparable resume and only great for a few decades

didnt even think about that... but i must say after reading this post, i almost put the rams in my top 10... then didnt...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empty calories hurt unfortunately once we get as restrictive as top 10. I was surprised to see them have so few votes myself though. Fearsome Foursome, GSoT, and what not.
People forget how good their teams were in the 70’s because they kept losing to the Vikes and Cowboys in the playoffs.

And most aren’t old enough to remember the mid 40’s-50’s when they battled the Browns and Lions for titles.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had trouble after my top 6 which i think is clear...

ended up going dolphins, and jets and colts and did not go 10 ...

hard to decide between teams like raiders, Broncos, Skins, Bears, so they all just did not make my list...
Looks like there is consensus on the top 6, with the Bears just on the cusp. Like you said, after that it gets hard to differentiate between several teams with similar resumes

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington doing this well really surprises me. In the time periods when they were successful, I feel like they were overshadowed by more glamorous teams. Bears and Giants in pre-Super Bowl Era (this is just a guess by me because I'm not that old); Dolphins, Raiders, Steelers, and Cowboys in the 1970s; Niners and Giants during the 1980s; and the Cowboys in the early 1990s.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington doing this well really surprises me. In the time periods when they were successful, I feel like they were overshadowed by more glamorous teams. Bears and Giants in pre-Super Bowl Era (this is just a guess by me because I'm not that old); Dolphins, Raiders, Steelers, and Cowboys in the 1970s; Niners and Giants during the 1980s; and the Cowboys in the early 1990s.
They were my 10th team. Honestly after the top 6 or so its coinflips and such but the Redskins are in the NFC East and the NFC East is basically the AL East of football. Its the one that gets the ratings.

The Redskins weren't glamorous but their major relevance of 72-91 is basically in peak Boomer viewership but even Gen X and older millennials caught a little bit of Washington playing well.

If you did this poll on reddit where the average age is cut in half then I suspect you'd see totally different teams

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were my 10th team. Honestly after the top 6 or so its coinflips and such but the Redskins are in the NFC East and the NFC East is basically the AL East of football. Its the one that gets the ratings.

The Redskins weren't glamorous but their major relevance of 72-91 is basically in peak Boomer viewership but even Gen X and older millennials caught a little bit of Washington playing well.

If you did this poll on reddit where the average age is cut in half then I suspect you'd see totally different teams

LOL, Washington wouldn't even make the poll on reddit. They would get screened out in the preliminary thread.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddit would get mad at you for saying Stafford isn't a HOF'er because you don't pity his Detroit tenure.

LOL. I'm sorry, but I'll have to tell the redditors that a 91career passer rating during this era of football gives me a lot pause. Plus, he did have Megatron. Stafford is going to make the HOF. I'm just not sure he is truly elite.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Washington wouldn't even make the poll on reddit. They would get screened out in the preliminary thread.
Agreed. The really, really hate the Chiefs on reddit but I suspect they might also overrate them as a storied franchise. I do think teams like the Chiefs and Rams can do a lot to move up these types of lists here in the next two or three years.

If the Browns never move and become the Ravens, they are probably a lock at or near the top.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reddit would get mad at you for saying Stafford isn't a HOF'er because you don't pity his Detroit tenure.

And yes, one of my issues with the football HOF is that I feel like the standard isn't high enough.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The really, really hate the Chiefs on reddit but I suspect they might also overrate them as a storied franchise. I do think teams like the Chiefs and Rams can do a lot to move up these types of lists here in the next two or three years.

If the Browns never move and become the Ravens, they are probably a lock at or near the top.

Yes, especially the Chiefs because of Mahomes. Maybe the Rams can keep this up, but they have a much less clear path to sustained success than the Chiefs being led by Mahomes. Stafford is a good to great QB, but he's 34.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, especially the Chiefs because of Mahomes. Maybe the Rams can keep this up, but they have a much less clear path to sustained success than the Chiefs being led by Mahomes. Stafford is a good to great QB, but he's 34.
McVay could in theory coach for 2 or more decades. I wouldn't totally rule that out with the Rams legacy.

Or he could retire next month. Rams could be anything next year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my issues with the football HOF is that I feel like the standard isn't high enough.
I think you've said this a couple of times and it begs the question
What are your thoughts on the standards for the NBA Hall?

I ask cause the NBA hall to me is the sport that lacks greatly with regards to induction processes.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you've said this a couple of times and it begs the question
What are your thoughts on the standards for the NBA Hall?

I ask cause the NBA hall to me is the sport that lacks greatly with regards to induction processes.

The difficulty is that it actually isn't an NBA Hall of Fame, so it's a lot harder to judge the case of certain players. It's a hall of fame for all basketball (international play, college, pro leagues, such as the NBA). I think it's very similar to the football hall of fame in that they induct players who did not really produce elite performance. Ralph Sampson should not be in the hall of fame. I understand he was awesome in college, but that is lesser competition and he was mediocre as a pro.

The baseball hall of fame is still the gold standard, IMO, despite its flaws. The baseball hall of fame values elite performance more than the other halls of fame. I know there are a lot of cases where it gets much criticism, but it is still the best.

I do acknowledge that baseball might be unique in that much of the game comes down to a one-on-one matchup (pitcher vs. batter). In football and basketball, you are arguably much more reliant on the performance of your teammates.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

on second thought i will edit my picks and put washington as my 10th... they make it entirely on negative reasons though... the constant demand for them to change their name in the past 20+ years kept them a serious conversation team, for more people than just football fans... a franchise doesnt just stay historic because of the teams... the owners, coaches and even team names are significant factors

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it seems weird to put the Pats in there, given that virtually all of their success has been in this century. But, they've had the GOAT QB, some really dominant teams, plenty of memorable comebacks, and 6 titles.

Minnesota has the Purple People Eaters and all those championship appearances in the 70's, plus the old Metropolitan Stadium, but sadly no titles.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to "dis" the Patriots or anything, I just went with the first few that popped into my head. Like if someone from another country that knew nothing about football asked me to name some storied teams.