• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GT: #7 Philadelphia Eagles (9-8) @ #2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (13-4) NFC Wild Card

Who wins the game of Wild Card Weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22031602_G.jpg

1/5/21:
We aren't the Giants who own land in the basement of the NFC East. Eagles will be back in the playoffs within 2 seasons.

Great job by the Giants retaining Gettleman BTW. 15-33 with him so far at GM. What an impressive squad he is putting together.
Checks basement. Yep, Eagles are in there.
Sure, you’ll be in the playoffs because you want to, doesn’t matter that your roster, GM and coach are all awful

good luck
You also have had a number of bad drafts, a terrible cap situation, and a ton of holes to fill. The GM and HC could very well be gone and you have no idea if you even have a long term answer at the QB position, Hurts is still a very big question mark.
no they won't.

Eagles are the team in the NFCE that have the bleakest future. Can't compete when you have 2 players Wentz/Cox) your paying 60 million a year to have on your roster. One is a third string QB you'll never get rid of unless your willing to pay a lot of their salary.
No they won’t, the Giants are in better shape than they have been in for a while now

most people with no cheering Interest recognize that
Nah, They'll keep Wentz unless he agrees to a sizeable re-structuring of his contract. Otherwise, if the whines about a trade, tell him to STFU, he signed on the dotted line. If they upgrade their line, and get their running game going on (a big key in the SB year), Wentz is serviceable. Hurts isn't going to work, long-term.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested to see this game. The Bucs aren't the bucks of last year and the Eagles are playing with house money.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats on making the playoffs, I sure didn't see that happening. But I stand by my Hurts comment. He played as I had hoped, just well enough to fool the Birds into sticking with him, not unlike the mistake the Giants made with Daniel Jones. Both are just good enough to keep the job and just good enough to get you beat.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on making the playoffs, I sure didn't see that happening. But I stand by my Hurts comment. He played as I had hoped, just well enough to fool the Birds into sticking with him, not unlike the mistake the Giants made with Daniel Jones. Both are just good enough to keep the job and just good enough to get you beat.

He has, as I stated before the year, established himself as the second best QB in the division and he's only going to continue to get better. He's a natural born leader.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Thats a big spread for the nfl though. Steelers r the biggest underdog in wildcard history, and they opened up as 13 point dogs.
I think Philly losing by 10 or less is a good playoff showing for them.

I'm afraid after watching Big Ben the last couple of weeks, this one isn't going to be pretty. Hey...crazy turnovers can change all that.
Never know

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm afraid after watching Big Ben the last couple of weeks, this one isn't going to be pretty. Hey...crazy turnovers can change all that.
Never know

Yup, you never know. Just the shape of the football can make crazy shit happen. Imagine if the game was played with a round ball that always bounced predictably.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never know
Eh bens been better than ppl think. He doesnt have what he did, theres no doubt, but hes been solid lately. Hes also really come through when they absolutely need drives or a play. But you are right. Nothing says the steelers have a chance. But this could be a tomlin special. No love lost if we get smacked as well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh bens been better than ppl think. He doesnt have what he did, theres no doubt, but hes been solid lately. Hes also really come through when they absolutely need drives or a play. But you are right. Nothing says the steelers have a chance. But this could be a tomlin special. No love lost if we get smacked as well.
old time cowboy fan like myself has nothing but respect for Pittsburgh, but it seems Ben seldom throws the ball more than 10 yards down the field now days. Maybe Harris runs wild...never know

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Philly for even making it into the playoffs at all. But even though Tampa Bay ain't as good as they were last season I don't see them pulling out a win here...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, no hard feelings at all lol. Just messin' with ya, man...

Kc Chiefs Football GIF by Kansas City Chiefs

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is seriously such a great hype video.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
old time cowboy fan like myself has nothing but respect for Pittsburgh, but it seems Ben seldom throws the ball more than 10 yards down the field now days. Maybe Harris runs wild...never know
Nah najee isnt running wild. Ben does push the ball, just not a ton. He does take shots though. Arm isnt what it was though . Dont care. By all accounts ben was young, dumb, and did bad things. But he found god and changed and hs been nothing but a model since. Amazing to have him this long.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has, as I stated before the year, established himself as the second best QB in the division and he's only going to continue to get better. He's a natural born leader.

2nd best QB in a division with Daniel Jones and Taylor Heinke does not mean he will actually be good enough to get you where you want to go. Although he has improved he just does not throw the ball well enough to ever be a franchise QB.

There are 3 ways to win a Super Bowl as history has shown.

1. Get a great QB, the most SB winners by far had a top guy and it's not even close. This is the best way by far..

2. Have a dominant defense such as the Ravens, Bucs, and the Broncos in their last win. Those defense are few and far between, we have only seen a handful of these defenses this century..

3. Catch lightning in a bottle and have an average QB light it up for month such as Flacco or Mark Rypien. It's only happened a few times in history and they never repeated the magic, it's simply not sustainable.

Not sure how your team will ever qualify for any of the 3, I guess #3 is your best hope. Good luck with that.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think Philly will make it somewhat close, the line went way down so people have this feeling. Ben was throwing mostly short throws but from what I have seen (which has been limited) he appeared to be better in the 2nd half this year than he was all of last year and threw it downfield a bit more too.