• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BFFP Week 13 Contest .. Final Tally ... Sprung From His Cage On Highway 9 !!!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What's up Russ, what's cookin', what's up Russ, are ya lookin', for Jerry Jeudy open, your decision making's broken, just to get another win, or just another has-been ?"

What we have in Week 13 is a clear cut winner, no tie breakers, no dancing in the dark ..

10 WINS !!! 10 out of 13, great great job

For the second time this season, I am proud to announce our very own SPRINGSTEEN the Week 13 Winner in what proved to be a very tough week ..

CONGRATS SPRINGSTEEN, YOU PROVED IT ALL NIGHT !!!

Thanks to everyone for participating, and here's the big board after 13 weeks ... The numbers in parentheses are your Week 13 wins ...

1) Mile High 64 - 127 ( 9 ) ... Winner Week 2, Winner Week 3, Winner Week 12

2) Colorado Buff - 125 ( 6 ) ... Winner Week 6, Winner Week 8

3) Spirit - 122 ( 8 ) ... Winner Week 4

4) Femurov - 120 ( 8 )

5) NFL Bronco - 119 ( 6 )

6) Mountain Bronco - 118 ( 8 ) ... Winner Week 7

7) Springsteen - 116 ( 10 ) ... Winner Week 5, Winner Week 13

8) Orange Crush - 115 ( 8 ) ... Winner Week 1, Missed Week 8, Winner Week 10, Winner Week 11

9) Mingo - 109 ( 6 ) Missed Week 5

10) Mat 49 - 39 ( 11 ) ... Joined Week 9 .. Winner Week 9, Missed Week 13

11) DC - 19 ( 12 ) .. Joined Week 10, Missed Week 11, Missed Week 13

NEW ENTRY

Tai Chi Surfing - 18 ( 6 ) ... Joined Week 12

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very disappointed in this because I was just one pick away from over taking Springsteen in season total wins (for next to last place).

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to go DAD nice work

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that episode live, in black and white. We were poor.

I hated that TV because my dad would yell if I turned the knob fast. He made me pause between channels so he could see what was on.

Now I go over to his house, take the remote, and just scroll to piss him off.

Payback is a bitch, old man.

Speaking of old bitches, hi Mingo!

Congrats Springsteen. Well deserved.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched that episode live, in black and white. We were poor.

I hated that TV because my dad would yell if I turned the knob fast. He made me pause between channels so he could see what was on.

Now I go over to his house, take the remote, and just scroll to piss him off.

Payback is a bitch, old man.

Speaking of old bitches, hi Mingo!

Congrats Springsteen. Well deserved.
I might have told this back on Mouth Off, but you bring back memories of childhood TV and changing channels, etc, so here goes .. again

Back in the early 80s, we moved to a house that was pretty far removed from everything .. The driveway was a 1/4 mile of winding path through the trees, up a hill ...

The family was super excited - it was big and we had tons of room, as opposed to the first house ..

That is, until we realized there was no TV reception ... Cable was still in the infant stages, and it wasn't an option for us so far from anything ...

So my parents decided to get a satellite dish .... keep in mind, satellite dishes circa 1981 or 82 were not these compact DirecTV things the size of trash can lids ..

I woke up one Saturday morning to see "Chuck The Satellite Guy" erecting this enormous dish - like something you'd see in a 50s sci fi film in Antarctica ...

Chuck was a roly poly, humorous guy, exactly what you'd expect a guy circa 1981 to look like who installs big dishes - kinda like Andy Reid but with longer shaggy hair ...

The dish would move according to the transponder and channel you wanted ... With the remote control, you tuned in any number of 20 or so different transponder numbers, and the dish would jump into action and physically move until it pointed in the exact direction ... From there you'd have 20 or more channels on each transponder ...

(( this was a huge upgrade from what we had in the previous house -- a black and white TV and 5 channels ))

So Chuck had to give the family a tutorial on how to use this thing

So Mom, Dad, my two sisters and I gathered around the TV and Chuck manned the remote, explaining this NASA technology to us rubes

As Chuck was demonstrating - the dish moving outside and finally settling in on something like T3, channel 9 - he began to scroll thru all the channels on the T3 satellite

As he was flipping thru the channels, we all caught a glimpse of XXX prn ...

There was a hush, and Chuck gave an embarrassed "oppps", after which my Dad - in his best Clark Griswold way - said:

"It's ok kids, they were playing leapfrog"

The three of us kids almost threw up from laughing so hard

And through all that laughing and awkwardness, I began to think

"I've can't wait to come down here at 2am and go thru these channels" !!!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have told this back on Mouth Off, but you bring back memories of childhood TV and changing channels, etc, so here goes .. again

Back in the early 80s, we moved to a house that was pretty far removed from everything .. The driveway was a 1/4 mile of winding path through the trees, up a hill ...

The family was super excited - it was big and we had tons of room, as opposed to the first house ..

That is, until we realized there was no TV reception ... Cable was still in the infant stages, and it wasn't an option for us so far from anything ...

So my parents decided to get a satellite dish .... keep in mind, satellite dishes circa 1981 or 82 were not these compact DirecTV things the size of trash can lids ..

I woke up one Saturday morning to see "Chuck The Satellite Guy" erecting this enormous dish - like something you'd see in a 50s sci fi film in Antarctica ...

Chuck was a roly poly, humorous guy, exactly what you'd expect a guy circa 1981 to look like who installs big dishes - kinda like Andy Reid but with longer shaggy hair ...

The dish would move according to the transponder and channel you wanted ... With the remote control, you tuned in any number of 20 or so different transponder numbers, and the dish would jump into action and physically move until it pointed in the exact direction ... From there you'd have 20 or more channels on each transponder ...

(( this was a huge upgrade from what we had in the previous house -- a black and white TV and 5 channels ))

So Mom, Dad, my two sisters and I gathered around the TV and Chuck manned the remote, explaining this NASA technology to us rubes

As Chuck was demonstrating - the dish moving outside and finally settling in on something like T3, channel 9 - he began to scroll thru all the channels on the T3 satellite

There was a hush, and Chuck gave an embarrassed "oppps", after which my Dad - in his best Clark Griswold way - said:

I remember that story

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember when we first got HBO and the Movie Channel. Sneaking downstairs with my brother when we were kids, in the middle of the night to catch an R rated movie was like something from Mission Impossible. We probably could’ve joined SEAL team 6 with the way we mastered our silent communication skills

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when we first got HBO and the Movie Channel. Sneaking downstairs with my brother when we were kids, in the middle of the night to catch an R rated movie was like something from Mission Impossible. We probably could’ve joined SEAL team 6 with the way we mastered our silent communication skills
That's great !!

Before the big dish and the VHS machine, I would sneak into the family room on Saturday nights to watch Don Kirschner's Rock Concert, which was usually followed by The Kenny Everett Video Show ...

I would use the Polaroid camera and take pictures of the TV screen when Van Halen or Aerosmith or KISS were on the screen - thinking I would fool my friends into believing I saw the bands live that close up lol