• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Covid Game Cancellations

Should a team with a lack of available bodies be forced to forfeit the game instead of postpone?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just seen the game was postponed due to the Nuggets not having enough players to suit up.

I then saw Draymond make an interesting point on twitter and wanted to see how others felt about it.

From a competitive advantage standpoint, doesn't the postponement of the game favor a team in this scenario? All teams are having to deal with Covid Protocols in some fashion, some worse than others. But when a team is forced to play short-handed against a team that is more or less full, doesn't that create an advantage for the "healthy" team?

So I ask, should the team that has to postpone due to lack of availability be forced to forfeit the game?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no. Quit being being the homer you are by putting too much stock in what Drayclown says.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no. Quit being being the homer you are by putting too much stock in what Drayclown says.
There was no phrasing in which I agreed with it, I said he made an interesting point.

Seriously try to get laid man. It'll help calm you down a bit.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with cane. Also a lot of these teams are getting covid from playing other teams with previous issues so why should they have to forefit if shit got spread from their interaction with another team

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty certain for example the suns got covid from the warriors and the Warriors probably got it from another team

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with cane. Also a lot of these teams are getting covid from playing other teams with previous issues so why should they have to forefit if shit got spread from their interaction with another team

I tend to agree, which is why I put this out to see what everyone though of the logic behind the benefits/detriments to having a game postponed.

I think it works very similarly with players being injured in that if a team is short-handed, it is what it is. You still have to play.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no phrasing in which I agreed with it, I said he made an interesting point.

Seriously try to get laid man. It'll help calm you down a bit.
It shouldn’t even be entertained. Draymond making a douche of himself on Twitter with random Denver fans. A guy with three rings shouldn’t be playing the victim card as much as he does.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn’t even be entertained. Draymond making a douche of himself on Twitter with random Denver fans. A guy with three rings shouldn’t be playing the victim card as much as he does.

I also agree. I've been on here before saying Draymond needs to tone it down. But at the same time he wouldn't be the same guy without that chip on his shoulder constantly.

As an actual player who's not allowed to play because of the protocols, I think he's well within his right to complain at what he feels is a double standard. I don't have to agree(which I don't). I just thought it was an interesting point of view.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also agree. I've been on here before saying Draymond needs to tone it down. But at the same time he wouldn't be the same guy without that chip on his shoulder constantly.

As an actual player who's not allowed to play because of the protocols, I think he's well within his right to complain at what he feels is a double standard. I don't have to agree(which I don't). I just thought it was an interesting point of view.
But you did agree with his assessments of the Suns back in the day when he got himself fined 50K?

Now the Suns are defending west champs and are a threat to win it all this year. It would be the ultimate karma if the Suns eliminated Draymond from the playoffs this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is tough though.

Say your team is healthy, but the other team not.

Game gets postponed.

Now, you have to add in an extra game toward the end of the season when playoff teams least want to be adding games.

More back to backs, more 4 + game weeks.

These teams that have to make up multiple games are going to create a different set of problems.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough though.

Say your team is healthy, but the other team not.

Game gets postponed.

Now, you have to add in an extra game toward the end of the season when playoff teams least want to be adding games.

More back to backs, more 4 + game weeks.

These teams that have to make up multiple games are going to create a different set of problems.

With the way this covid shit been, you will likely be on the opposite end before the end of January

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way this covid shit been, you will likely be on the opposite end before the end of January

I am not on an end.

I think both postponement and forfeit are equally problematic.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you did agree with his assessments of the Suns back in the day when he got himself fined 50K?

Now the Suns are defending west champs and are a threat to win it all this year. It would be the ultimate karma if the Suns eliminated Draymond from the playoffs this year.

In context of the Suns management, yes I agreed with him. You defending Robert Sarver? LOL.

I also said he needed to be fined for what he said too, but did you conveniently forget that?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In context of the Suns management, yes I agreed with him. You defending Robert Sarver? LOL.

I also said he needed to be fined for what he said too, but did you conveniently forget that?
Bottom line as a current NBA player, it was not his business as to what another organization chooses to do with regards to player transactions.

He can thank his Klutch buddy LeBron for that fine…

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect example why I'm against it. Heat played Detroit last Thursday who said their own covid issues...lowry test positive 2 days later and this is what we have now. Imagine telling Miami you have to forfeit your next 2 or 3 games because someone on Detroit had spread covid to your team. That would be nuts

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line as a current NBA player, it was not his business as to what another organization chooses to do with regards to player transactions.

He can thank his Klutch buddy LeBron for that fine…
Quite a non acknowledgement from you after you come for me and then "bottom line" it. LOL. Ok, dude.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not on an end.

I think both postponement and forfeit are equally problematic.

I get that. Only one way around that is to have players without symptoms play. With how the CDC switch up their mind on things, we are probably there by next season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Only one way around that is to have players without symptoms play. With how the CDC switch up their mind on things, we are probably there by next season

Can’t do that

Asymptomatic carriers can spread COVID also.