• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Morgan done for year- Barrows

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow. Now that is some classic, brutal irony. Totally unnecessary play.....not that I was complaining, but man did the Niners pay for not taking their foot off the pedal.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Now that is some classic, brutal irony. Totally unnecessary play.....not that I was complaining, but man did the Niners pay for not taking their foot off the pedal.

This is the risk you run for keeping your foot on an opponents throat. It sucks that Morgan is out, but I think that is the best style of play to have. I like that attitude. Remember when Mooch played conservative against the Bears cause he was friends with their HC and they came back and beat us?? It's like that Woody Hayes quote.... Why go for two when hes up by 36..."Because I couldn't go for 3."

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
While watching the game, I was thinking he (Harbaugh) should pull all the starters out. WTF was Morgan doing in the game? Was he trying to get a look at Kaep with a #1 in there? I understand that it was a 3 WR set and at the time we only had 4 WRs active for the game. Crabtree isn't going to be in that situation, so Morgan was the choice by default. But Harbaugh needs to understand that this is the NFL not College. He has a 53 man roster not 80. I hope this doesn't screw the up the momentum that the offense has built in the last few weeks.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
This is the risk you run for keeping your foot on an opponents throat. It sucks that Morgan is out, but I think that is the best style of play to have. I like that attitude. Remember when Mooch played conservative against the Bears cause he was friends with their HC and they came back and beat us?? It's like that Woody Hayes quote.... Why go for two when hes up by 36..."Because I couldn't go for 3."

I was at that game in Chicago. 100% didn't got for it because the Bears coach was his friend.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not like Morgan was hit on the catch. Morgan made the catch, tried for the score, he got hurt in the process on his own play. It's uncontrollable, could've happend in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Qtr.....

We went for a first down, to get Prime some throws and that's it. It's a sad result but nothing to hang our heads over...

We'll bring up Ziegs, Long or Jurovich from the Psquad or find a FA out there that fills Harbs style in a WR.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just last week people were bitching about Harbaugh being to conservative. Today he's too aggressive.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While watching the game, I was thinking he (Harbaugh) should pull all the starters out. WTF was Morgan doing in the game? Was he trying to get a look at Kaep with a #1 in there? I understand that it was a 3 WR set and at the time we only had 4 WRs active for the game. Crabtree isn't going to be in that situation, so Morgan was the choice by default. But Harbaugh needs to understand that this is the NFL not College. He has a 53 man roster not 80. I hope this doesn't screw the up the momentum that the offense has built in the last few weeks.

I fail to see how being the NFL changes anything about this situation. At WR we had Ginn, Crabtree and Williams available. Losing any of those guys would have hurt. I know Williams is seen as the expendable back up at this point, but where we supposed to run 1 WR sets with him the rest of the game? What if our TE's got hurt? or what if we ran it and Hunter was hurt instead?

Injuries suck, but we need to send players out to play. Morgan still has something to prove, I doubt he was thinking "I better not get hurt doing this cause i'm important" he was willing and able.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just last week people were bitching about Harbaugh being to conservative. Today he's too aggressive.

Amen, people need to stop being little bitches and complaining no matter what

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhh the article says: "The 49ers have not yet decided whether Morgan, 26, will be placed on injured reserve" Reading is fundemental.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i think one thing is clear and that is that we have to add another WR. Crabtree has a hard time staying healthy and Kyle Williams and Alex Smith did not look in sink yesterday.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
uhh the article says: "The 49ers have not yet decided whether Morgan, 26, will be placed on injured reserve" Reading is fundemental.

You are right! But surgery would mean that the break is more than a hairline fracture. I hope he can make it back in december or something

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its not like Morgan was hit on the catch. Morgan made the catch, tried for the score, he got hurt in the process on his own play. It's uncontrollable, could've happend in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd Qtr.....

We went for a first down, to get Prime some throws and that's it. It's a sad result but nothing to hang our heads over...

We'll bring up Ziegs, Long or Jurovich from the Psquad or find a FA out there that fills Harbs style in a WR.

this makes most sense cause these guys have been practicing with the team, and got a head start on plays. Edwards is expected back next week so its not a long term need.

for the next game only, if they gotta lean to TE's more, its not such a bad thing?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That hurts but it is a chance for the next WR. Like the Colts say next man Up! Lets do this only better

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this makes most sense cause these guys have been practicing with the team, and got a head start on plays. Edwards is expected back next week so its not a long term need.

for the next game only, if they gotta lean to TE's more, its not such a bad thing?

No it's not. I see a whole lot of 2TE sets coming out vs. DET. If we mix up the run/pass play call like we did vs TB I think we can neutralize the DET defensive front.