• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Morgan done for year- Barrows

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, take out everyone you can that's starting and replace them with the players in bold. I'd keep Miller in over Dixon though, just because he could use all the experience he can get at the FB position.

So you wanted us to not have enough players the field?

Can't run an offense with 7 players, some starters had to stay in regardless.

The first guy i responded to said "this is nfl not college, we have 53 man rosters instead of 80" well with that 53 man roster, it makes it hard to carry enough back ups to keep your starts off the field in the rare situation that you do have a blow out.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So you wanted us to not have enough players the field?

Can't run an offense with 7 players, some starters had to stay in regardless.

The first guy i responded to said "this is nfl not college, we have 53 man rosters instead of 80" well with that 53 man roster, it makes it hard to carry enough back ups to keep your starts off the field in the rare situation that you do have a blow out.

I guess I should have been more specific than, "take out everyone that you can" and should have probably wrote, "take out everyone that you can with still fielding 11 players on the field"

I this was obvious?

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hindsight is 20/20. Had Morgan decided to dive instead he wouldn't have rolled up his ankle.
As Harbaugh said, there was still time on the clock, the guys competing. Shit happens.
Can go back and second guess but time to move on. Forward looking not backwards regretting.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have been more specific than, "take out everyone that you can" and should have probably wrote, "take out everyone that you can with still fielding 11 players on the field"

I this was obvious?

what other guys would you have left in then?

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is 20/20. Had Morgan decided to dive instead he wouldn't have rolled up his ankle.
As Harbaugh said, there was still time on the clock, the guys competing. Shit happens.
Can go back and second guess but time to move on. Forward looking not backwards regretting.

Injuries are part of the game. Ask Mario Williams who is out for the year, on a play that seemed harmless. As I believe Calamity said, Morgan could have been hurt in any quarter on any play. Maybe you could question him being in the game, but you cant blame Harbaugh for the injury nor Morgans effort for trying to get into the end zone. You play hard for 60 minutes, whether up by 45 pts or down 45. It is sad to see morgan out, but ginn and whoever else needs to step up. Its a team game. Morgan is some what a substantial loss on O, bc he knows the offense and has been playing well, but doesnt mean someone else, whoever it may be cant fill his shoes.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we certain he is out for the year? I was reading somewhere that might return later in the season.

That would be huge, since I think the team is good enough right now to get to 7-3 after week 11 (including bye week). Then we hit a tough/important stretch including a few division games.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a broken leg. No word on if we try and keep him on the roster for late season/playoff return.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, take out everyone you can that's starting and replace them with the players in bold. I'd keep Miller in over Dixon though, just because he could use all the experience he can get at the FB position.

You still have starters on the field.

And I'm left wondering what happens if Boone is in at LT and gets undressed leading to Hunter breaking his leg? What if Rachal gets rolled up on top of Goodwin or Iupati?

Should we just keep 2 WRs on the field for the rest of the game? Just play a basic 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB and 1 FB offense the rest of the way? Because we spend soooooooo much time in that set?

What about on defense? We had 5 DL dressed. Should McDonald or Smith stay on the field? Only 3 OLB dressed. Which one gets to sit down? What about at CB? Spencer was injured, Brock was inactive. That leaves Brown, Rogers and Culliver at CB. How do you sit down at least 2 of them?

What if its Ginn that breaks his leg instead of Morgan? Where does that leave our return game?

Roosh016

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just last week people were bitching about Harbaugh being to conservative. Today he's too aggressive.

I liked his aggressiveness but not taking out morgan when you're up 41-3 or whatever it was, was costly....

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, hindsight is 20/20 but they are also fuel for critics and in every cases, TROLLS... Any thing that would put a negative spin on a Niners victory would be scrutinized to no end...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I liked his aggressiveness but not taking out morgan when you're up 41-3 or whatever it was, was costly....

They had 3 WRs on the field and 4 in uniform. Would you have rather Crabtree broken his leg?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This one is going to hurt a lot more than people realize. You can get by without your best receiver but not your two best. Smith and Morgan were really starting to develop a rapport. I expect them to really struggle in the passing game next week against Detroit because of this.

Ugh, I realize; my hope is that the next man up, whomever it is going to be, can fill the role. Morgan has become a very reliable target, which, in this offense, made him a threat. Hell, even Ronde Barber commented on Morgan's talent.

We need to bring someone in, but I would like to see if Williams can step-up. I read comments from a few posters (pure geniuses) suggesting we should bring back Zeig - needless to say, I would approve such a strategy!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While watching the game, I was thinking he (Harbaugh) should pull all the starters out. WTF was Morgan doing in the game? Was he trying to get a look at Kaep with a #1 in there? I understand that it was a 3 WR set and at the time we only had 4 WRs active for the game. Crabtree isn't going to be in that situation, so Morgan was the choice by default. But Harbaugh needs to understand that this is the NFL not College. He has a 53 man roster not 80. I hope this doesn't screw the up the momentum that the offense has built in the last few weeks.

This confirms your status as a concern troll.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
And you my friend are a broken record, scratched cd, or a corrupt mp3 file. But who cares? I obviously misread that sentence in Barrows' blog. I read it as soon as it was posted and I thought most people on this board were probably curious of Morgan***8217;s status. Read the time on Barrows post, I put it on here a couple of minutes after his post on sacbee.com. Oh shit, I misread it. If you read this whole thread to find my "conerned" posts then you may have also read that someone else pointed out my lack of reading comprehension, it was at that point I realized that Morgan has not been placed on IR. If misreading something makes me a ***8220;concern troll***8221; then oh well it***8217;s better than being a douche.

Like I said in the later post, Morgan had to be in. We had 4 active wide-outs and the formation called for 3. So it was either Crabbs or Morgan. It sucks that he is going to miss time. It looked as if he was the go to receiver for Smith vs the blitz. I hope he can make it back in six weeks or so.

The chick in your avatar has a nice rack tho***8230;

Go niners!

Last edited by a moderator:

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are right! But surgery would mean that the break is more than a hairline fracture. I hope he can make it back in december or something

A complete break can heal in six weeks, I wonder if the surgery is for ankle dislocation and at worst a high ankle sprain.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry for any repeats.

Bottom line, I'm not mad at the staff for having Morgan in....it's not like we're 8 deep at receiver. Someone we depend on had to be on the field. If we were running it every play who's to say a lineman or RB wouldn't have gotten hurt. If it was Ginn, that creates another problem.

It's a bad break (no pun intended) for probably our most reliable WR, in my opinion. We'll see how they respond. My vote is for Zeig.....easiest path.

I'm 100% NO on bringing TO back. Way to much downside, in my opinion.