• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Morgan done for year- Barrows

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not. I see a whole lot of 2TE sets coming out vs. DET. If we mix up the run/pass play call like we did vs TB I think we can neutralize the DET defensive front.

gonna need to see more bootlegs. suh must be watching tape of our line and salivating like a doberman at a buffet

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that sucks, now we have to depend on Crabtree to carry the WR postion until Edwards comes back... ugh.

Hopefully Ginn can step up for a few weeks, and I wonder how this changes the KR/PR situation? Do we lean on Hunter for KR's now and keep letting Ginn do PRs?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just last week people were bitching about Harbaugh being to conservative. Today he's too aggressive.

We could still be aggressive with the 2nd stringers in, but there was absolutely no reason anyone from the 1st team should have been on the field.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No it's not. I see a whole lot of 2TE sets coming out vs. DET. If we mix up the run/pass play call like we did vs TB I think we can neutralize the DET defensive front.

whaaaat?

isn't this what i said, or am i flat out missing it? and i easily could be......

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this makes most sense cause these guys have been practicing with the team, and got a head start on plays. Edwards is expected back next week so its not a long term need.

for the next game only, if they gotta lean to TE's more, its not such a bad thing?

Is he now?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been nice had Harbaugh brought in Doug Baldwin, who was great at Stanford last year and undrafted this year. To add spice to the rivalry Pete Carroll was on the radio here in Seattle and took a little swipe at Harbaugh in discussing Baldwin, saying Baldwin's coaches didn't talk him up like they should have -- explaining why he was undrafted.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is he now?

ahh, i see i miswrote 'next week'.

Receiver Braylon Edwards is expected to miss one more game after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee three weeks ago. His most likely return date is Oct. 30 against the Cleveland Browns.

the aboves from Matt Maiocco, so should've said 'next game'

even if it was two games, point is one of these guys (Zeigler, Long, Jurovich) aren't long term back-ups.

Last edited by a moderator:

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This team needs all the extra work it can possibly get on offense. It was a rare opportunity to start developing chemistry between Kaep and his receivers in live action/no pressure situation. If you pull all the starters out, it's not quite the same, and you're not helping him develop.

Just be happy we're not the Rams!

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We could still be aggressive with the 2nd stringers in, but there was absolutely no reason anyone from the 1st team should have been on the field.

There was no reason? We dressed 3 TEs and 4 WRs. Two of those TEs are essentially starters, and two of the WRs are. We had 1 FB dressed.

If you aren't going to play any "starters" (Crabtree, Morgan, Davis, Walker, Gore, Miller) how do you propose we get enough guys on the field? Do you want to line up Dixon at FB?

What about the OL? We dressed 7 OL and need 5 on the field. How do we sit all 5?

Should the offense have been
Kaepernick
Hunter
Dixon
Ginn
Williams
Boone
Rachal

But now we have Ginn on the field, and if he gets hurt, we lose our KR/PR. Not to mention we cannot run any 3 WR sets.

Come on.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Harbaugh has said we will add a WR to the 53 man roster.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a 30 point lead in the 4th, take out the starters.

Take out the starters? You do realize that we have a limited amount of backups that are active and dressed, right? Would you have been more comfortable had it been Ginn that caught that pass?

What would have been YOUR lineup that late in the 4th?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh, i see i miswrote 'next week'.

Receiver Braylon Edwards is expected to miss one more game after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right knee three weeks ago. His most likely return date is Oct. 30 against the Cleveland Browns.

the aboves from Matt Maiocco, so should've said 'next game'

even if it was two games, point is one of these guys (Zeigler, Long, Jurovich) aren't long term back-ups.

HA HA, i know I know... just hoping to see Edwards sooner than later...

I have no worries with Zeigs, Long or Jurovich playing limited roles...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC, nothing went wrong with Morgan catching the ball.... Morgan caught the ball clean and turned it up field for the score. IN that process is where he suffered the ankle injury... IIRC.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IIRC, nothing went wrong with Morgan catching the ball.... Morgan caught the ball clean and turned it up field for the score. IN that process is where he suffered the ankle injury... IIRC.

You do

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

he got hurt on the tackle, just one of those awkward positions where he couldn't get the foot straightened cause DB was lying on it.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right! But surgery would mean that the break is more than a hairline fracture. I hope he can make it back in december or something

That's why I disagreed with what some of you guys were stating in the other Morgan thread. I even stated "I would not be surprised if Morgan is out for the entire season". Just by looking at the replay of the incident alone, there was no way that the injury sustained by Morgan was simply a hairline fracture. More than likely 3 bones in his right ankle were snapped to some extent, plus he has some ligament damage. His swelling needs to be reduced before they can operate on him. Not to mention, he's going to require a cast.

4 weeks -- no way. You're looking anywhere from a 3 - 4 month recovery period, and perhaps even more than that.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JoshuaMorgan.png

You can see from this picture when he broke his ankle, it looks bad. Hopefully he doesn't have the same type of complications that Hearst had.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This one is going to hurt a lot more than people realize. You can get by without your best receiver but not your two best. Smith and Morgan were reall starting to develop a rapport. I expect them to reall struggle in the passing game next week against Detroit because of this.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There was no reason? We dressed 3 TEs and 4 WRs. Two of those TEs are essentially starters, and two of the WRs are. We had 1 FB dressed.

If you aren't going to play any "starters" (Crabtree, Morgan, Davis, Walker, Gore, Miller) how do you propose we get enough guys on the field? Do you want to line up Dixon at FB?

What about the OL? We dressed 7 OL and need 5 on the field. How do we sit all 5?

Should the offense have been
Kaepernick
Hunter

Dixon
Ginn
Williams
Boone
Rachal

But now we have Ginn on the field, and if he gets hurt, we lose our KR/PR. Not to mention we cannot run any 3 WR sets.

Come on.

Yes, take out everyone you can that's starting and replace them with the players in bold. I'd keep Miller in over Dixon though, just because he could use all the experience he can get at the FB position.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You can see from this picture when he broke his ankle, it looks bad. Hopefully he doesn't have the same type of complications that Hearst had.

In game speed that looked bad. I called that he would either have a high sprain or a break just after seeing it once.